Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Syriana14

What Would You Do If You Became A Millionaire?

Rate this topic

Currently, my father is obsessed over winning the lottery and really wants to become a millionaire. The truth is that I, myself, really find it difficult to deny the fact that money really is the foundation of success in all aspects of life. It is extremely important. I've realized that money doesn't buy you happiness. It buys you crazy happiness. It will help us overcome all our financial struggles and personal difficulties. I know the lottery is a form of gambling, to a lesser extent, but this isn't something I want to discuss, so I request you not to touch upon it here.

My question is simple. I want to know, if you found out that you had recieved a 90million pound cheque today, what would you be thinking? What would you do with the money?

Salam.

Currently, my father is obsessed over winning the lottery and really wants to become a millionaire. The truth is that I, myself, really find it difficult to deny the fact that money really is the foundation of success in all aspects of life. It is extremely important. I've realized that money doesn't buy you happiness. It buys you crazy happiness. It will help us overcome all our financial struggles and personal difficulties. I know the lottery is a form of gambling, to a lesser extent, but this isn't something I want to discuss, so I request you not to touch upon it here.

My question is simple. I want to know, if you found out that you had recieved a 90million pound cheque today, what would you be thinking? What would you do with the money?

Salam.

thats the truth. i also happened to be a religious man, everyone liked me but now wen m doing nothing, no one asks me nething about religion, my life, relations,etc. the only question i encounter everyday is what r u goin to do for money?

to be honest Allah(swt) has given me more than enough. what i m doing now is planning to earn more and more and make the stocks and piles of notes.

Edited by worshiper

ive said this on sc before-- i'd wanna buy jannatul baqi and create a fadak-type garden that would benefit the community.

buy my parents a house.

pay off any debt we have.

go on hajj, then ziyarat and umrah. multiple times in my life if i can

send money to iraq, afghanistan, bahrain, syria, lebanon, pakistan, etc.

buy a car

build an islamic center

try to build a howza in the u.s.

See, there's two ways of answering this question.

There is the brutally, honest, almost natural human way of answering the question, from what each and everyone of us really wants, and what we would actually do should we ever come across such an epic sum of money.

Or

There is the socially/morally expected, self-righteous, ShiaChat-friendly, conformity way of answering it by saying charity bla bla.

I'm not denying that charity would cross our minds... but c'mon, let's be real.. it certainly wont be the first thing that's for damn sure.

Me, what I'd be thinking?

Polygamy and properties in various locations abroad.

eptic-like-a-boss-rar-i16.gif

Oh and for those idealists who don't know yet... money CHANGES PEOPLE. Happens all the time. You're circle of friends will even change, you begin to act and behave differently. So stop fooling yourselves. You mere fallibles.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

^Well I didn't read all what you typed out in all honesty, just something about MCDONALDS.

As I said, I didn't deny charity would cross one's mind, but I'm only saying what I feel most on here are too shy to say in terms of speaking for themselves, and not what is expected of them.... but if you and a minority will think CHARITY. More power to ya. :P

^^^ I don't honestly read many things people write either so that don't matter.. secondly.. your word of choice was WRONG..

I'm not denying that charity would cross our minds... but c'mon, let's be real.. it certainly wont be the first thing that's for damn sure.

That my friend is stereotyping and also known as JUDGING..!

^^^ I don't honestly read many things people write either so that don't matter.. secondly.. your word of choice was WRONG..

That my friend is stereotyping and also known as JUDGING..!

128758501989086881.jpg

Yeah.. only I think you're taking things on this Off-topic thread in an Off-topic section a tad bit too seriously and.. er, literally?

I prefer the term generalizing.. and generalizing is there for a reason.. not that it literally refers to every single human being.. but that it's a general occurance and happens more often than not.. that is all.. no need to get mad there chicken.

Besides, you're like, derailing the thread. Let's stick to charitble deeds we will do should we all become millionaires. :shifty:

^^ Whenever someone proves you wrong you always bring in the RELAX ITS INTERNET topic in.. :P

Get a better come back next time ;) At least for me anyways..

Oh AND a better choice of words..! :P

And what i'm saying isn't out of anger.. its a forum and you come here to DISCUSS.. you agree with some things dont agree with others.. and umm guess what.. I'M DOING THAT.. :D

But clearly you don't know the meaning of a DISCUSSION...

I usually post it when someone resorts to Caps locks and exclamation marks actually (or personal insults which you haven't done yet). as in my personal observational opinion, it makes someone appear, somewhat.. mad at something.

But since you're implying you are not mad.. never mind.

Let's stick to the topic of the thread now, k?. k.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

I use capitals and exclaimations marks A LOT !! <== If you haven't seen my other posts..

But yeh You DERAILED the post ONCE AGAIN..!

Oops did i do it again.. :( hmmm i aint shouting.. promise..! ;)

And congrats u just made a post without a MEME..! *claps*

And what i'm saying isn't out of anger.. its a forum and you come here to DISCUSS.. you agree with some things dont agree with others.. and umm guess what.. I'M DOING THAT.. :D

But clearly you don't know the meaning of a DISCUSSION...

Ok.. how about I kindly disagree with you in this DISCUSSION.

Unless of course your entire rationale in "discussing" with me, is to get the final post on the matter.. that doesn't mean anything to me, by all means I'll let you have the final say.

But seriously dude.. time to move on now,.. and for the third time.. let's stick to the topic of the thread.

:lol: Good Lord.. help people stick to their own words AMEEN :(

Anyways..

Yeh so charity.. Especially back in Pakistan.. And then family.. plenty of people in my family around that NEED some things more than want..

Hmm for myself.. Man its hard when theres so much around :wacko: i wanna travellllllllllllllllllllllll :huh: i love travelling.. used to love going to other people's house when i was little :lol: But yeh travelling but with my parents and siblings.. ( probably other family members)

Man i hate the way ive been brought up.. i hardly like doing things on my own..

PAKI PARENTS :angry:

See, there's two ways of answering this question.

There is the brutally, honest, almost natural human way of answering the question, from what each and everyone of us really wants, and what we would actually do should we ever come across such an epic sum of money.

Or

There is the socially/morally expected, self-righteous, ShiaChat-friendly, conformity way of answering it by saying charity bla bla.

Agree with this. There's your 'real answer' and then there's your 'pious answer' lol.

Agree with this. There's your 'real answer' and then there's your 'pious answer' lol.

well, i mean not all of our answers are necessarily realistic. like i HIGHLY doubt someone could ever buy jannatul baqi from the saudis... but i can dream lol

eh, i doubt i'll ever win the lottery anyway.

I am gonna answer honestly, not "Holier than Thou" answers or Miss America Pageant answers =P

1. I'll buy every supplement there is, get someone like Arnold Schwarzenegger as my trainer and own the gym.

2. Get a big house, Frisk away that awesome girl I wanna marry from her house at night ;).

3. Invest in Companies.

4. Start my own business and complete my studies along the way.

5. Whatever is left, I'll give it all to my father. =)

(wasalam)

as a khoja, im not happy about how people want to give charity to muslim countries but not to countries where there is so much poverty i.e. most of africa.

In all honesty,

i would first look at me and my family, as they say, charity starts at home

i would put alot in my dads pension fund

pay for me and my family for trips to hajj and ziarat

give alot to charities where poverty is affected most e.g. africa, pakistan, india, iraq e.t.c

give charity to orphans

give money to build mosques and projects for my local mosque

lend people money without charging interest

pay for my parents to have nice relaxing holidays and go travel around the world

buy a house

Yeh the stereotypical khoja would be..

Rich or not.. they ain't spending a penny.. Kanjoos :P

ouch..that hurt. :cry:

that is a common stereotype though.