Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Islamic Long Beard

Rate this topic

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's nothing compared to mine

(bismillah) (salam) Actually, I think I changed my mind a bit. I'd love to have a simple beard, like Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah's (ha) when he was young.

InshaAllah I am planning on growing a beard like one of these two. AbdulRida Helali's Sheikh Hamza Sodagar's

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Is it permissible for a woman to have a beard ?

Definitely not as it is a practice of men, and woman are not allowed to imitate men and men cannot imitate woman.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't know the answer to most of your questions and I don't want to say something incase I am wrong, however here are a few lecturers with shortly trimmed beards.

Sayed Ammar Nakshawani

img_9630.jpg

Sayed Hossein al-Qazwini

SOQ_picture.jpg

Sayed Jawad al-Qazwini

41639065_640.jpg

(wasalam)

That's ok Brother, I understand.

Yeah you actually showed two of my favourite lecturers :D

I am a big fan of Seyyed Ammar and I do like his style of beard. If I did grow one I would want it to look similar. What I was thinking, was when Ramadan comes I could tell my parents I want to grow one during Ramadan and if they let me, I might leave at the end but they if I did that I have a feeling they would make me promise it shave it at the end... Also one other reason why I don't have a beard is becuase I would cop a lot of heat at school... I don't know wether that is even a valid excuse :/ but only a few people know that me and my friend are Muslims and I'd prefer to keep it that way as some people would make our time at school just a little bit harder unfortunely.

In future, inshAllah, I plan to grow one but for now I think I should just listen to my parents just to keep them happy. High school is almost finished and in Uni I will do my best to have beard of some sort, inshAllah.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

I don't know the answer to most of your questions and I don't want to say something incase I am wrong, however here are a few lecturers with shortly trimmed beards.

Sayed Ammar Nakshawani

img_9630.jpg

DAMN, Ammar Nakshawni's beard looks soo good :P

Mash'Allah, When i can grow a beard im definitely gonna have it like that :D

Btw, you are allowed to trim your beard right?

Brother, my mother just told me flat out that I am not allowed to have a beard, I didn't make an attempt to further the conversation with her becuase I have enough conflicts and issues that are occurring with my family becuase of my decision to be a Muslim. This would only add the list.

Yeah I did already speak to Sistani about this issue and the reply was I was not allowed to shave even if my parents said I am not allowed to have a beard.

Do you mind me asking a quick question brother?

I know it is haram to shave the beard but what if you don't have a beard and shave the hair that grows on your face every few days. For example, if I shaved like every 3 days and that would make sure that I wouldn't have a beard?

I remember hearing that this was not allowed as well, it's like a way of cheating i guess.

DAMN, Ammar Nakshawni's beard looks soo good :P

Mash'Allah, When i can grow a beard im definitely gonna have it like that :D

Btw, you are allowed to trim your beard right?

I remember hearing that this was not allowed as well, it's like a way of cheating i guess.

true ISLAM doesnt allow it, but some good looking so called scholars may give u some personal fatwas so they can excuse them self for doing so..... ;)

Edited by yamolaAlimadad
  • Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

true ISLAM doesnt allow it, but some good looking so called scholars may give u some personal fatwas so they can excuse them self for doing so.....

Please, explain Bro? :)

(wasalam)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Actually, I think I changed my mind a bit. I'd love to have a simple beard, like Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah's (ha) when he was young.

Nqp58.jpg

I agree brother. I would like to have one similar to Seyed Ammar Nakshawani. I havnt shaved my beard in almost a week now and it doesn't look good :P I don't really know what to do as I have never tried to grow my beard but since converting to Islam last year, I heard that it is kind of a thing you should do.

inshAllah when I move out of home I will be more comfortable and I don't have to listen to my parents tell me I cannot have a beard as they won't care when I leave home.

• Advanced Member

What is a form of cheating?

You were asking before, if one was allowed to shave the face before there was actually a beard, that way because you shave every few days, a beard wont grow. RIght? I was saying that I remember someone telling me that was not allowed.

• Advanced Member

You were asking before, if one was allowed to shave the face before there was actually a beard, that way because you shave every few days, a beard wont grow. RIght? I was saying that I remember someone telling me that was not allowed.

Ah okay. Sorry I mis understood. But yes I know what you mean. You want to know something odd? No one in my Mosque has a beard... Well not a proper one anyway. Not even my Imam has a beard. He shaves but shaves every few days so it's not a beard. But they are all Turkish and back when they were in Turkey, Islam was suppressed by the Govt. and if you seen with a beard it was a crime n you were thrown in prison. But they are in Australia now, so I don't know why they still don't have beards?

• Advanced Member

Ah okay. Sorry I mis understood. But yes I know what you mean. You want to know something odd? No one in my Mosque has a beard... Well not a proper one anyway. Not even my Imam has a beard. He shaves but shaves every few days so it's not a beard. But they are all Turkish and back when they were in Turkey, Islam was suppressed by the Govt. and if you seen with a beard it was a crime n you were thrown in prison. But they are in Australia now, so I don't know why they still don't have beards?

I guess they must have got used to not having a beard and perhaps cant adjust? lool :P But not even one person has a beard?

• Advanced Member

i keep trying to grow it but still have a lot of bald patches :D will get there soon :) every time it gets bit long looks ugly (coz of the patches) so i cant wait till i get a thick full one inshallah.. missus doesnt like it but its almost wajib :)

• Veteran Member

i keep trying to grow it but still have a lot of bald patches :D will get there soon :) every time it gets bit long looks ugly (coz of the patches) so i cant wait till i get a thick full one inshallah.. missus doesnt like it but its almost wajib :)

haha same with me but im gonna do a goattee anyway once i have enuf.

Use to have a beard from the age span of 15-17 but then I shaved it off after it became itchy, people thought I was 35 or something, beards work miracles sometimes, and they also seem to intimidate people looool.

why did u shaved it off bro? u know beard makes me look aged and actually its good, u get much more respect compare to what we shall get in young age.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

lol yes it's not looking nice if you don't have a full beard. Anyone advices for growing a full beard? I thought that ginger would help?

Anywayz, what is the Islamic meaning of having a beard except that it is from the Prophet (sawas) and His Ahlul Bayt (as)? Is it a sign of masculinity?

my beard comes in that way only :P

I have never shaved or used blade on my face

funny u say that because it looks like you have shaved before in your DP

I keep mine trimmed on a number 1

i dont like it getting too long, i start to get funny looks and feel like abdul wahab

this is my beard before i started trimming it

Worlds-Largest-Beard-Men-5.jpg

Edited by Rick_James