Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
worshiper

Age Difference Between Husband And Wife?

Rate this topic

I think age does not matter a long as long as there is understanding which is most important thing. I know few examples around me who are having happy life.

one pakistani couple i know, the wife is about 20 years younger and they both are together for more than 25 years and are very happy. they had 3 kids.

one khoja couple i know, the husband is about 10 years younger and they are also very happy since last 15 years. they have 2 kids together.

it does not matter if the female is older then the male or like wise as long as they are both happy and want to be together ^_^

DOES NOT MATTER, ITS ALL ON MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING.

(BTW, husband should be approx. 5 years elder)

if Does not matter why approx 5 years older?

i guess it depends what each person is comfortable with. Personally, 3-5 years older is good because i would like to marry someone thats more mature (not saying that young guys are immature ;) ) and i wouldnt like to marry someone my age or younger than me because i have a brother thats a year younger and marrying someone his age is weired.

Edited by Eimaan786

Guest a.shia.muslim.brother.110

Salam u alaykom,

It's totally case dependent! u cannot fix a rule for that!

but generally speaking girls would get mature earlier than men and I dont mean physical maturation which already girls happen to be in the age of 9 and boys at 15 (which work out ur Maths!) but even spirituality, personality, etc.

It has proven to me personally by statistics that girls are definitively few years ahead of boys in all aspects but again this is a general speaking manner!

now in a marriage relationship, one of the main criteria for girls is to want to have a full support from their husband and someone they can rely and rest upon!

get my point?

all the best

assalam u alaykom

Lol! Eight years difference is not quite a lot!

I feel age doesn't matter, if two hearts and personalities meet and blend together in a happy unbreakable bond, then age shouldn't be a factor at all.

Age difference shouldn't be too big. When someone reaches a certain age they've pretty much shaped their views/personality and it's hard for them to change. Getting married young with their ages close to each other ensures that they can grow and change together.

Same age in an ideal world would be ok but when you have demands from future inlaws such as house, car, career, savings e.t.c. men tend to hit the age of 25+ and dont see it fit to marry a women who is also 25+ so i would say the girl must be 7 years younger so by the time the guy is like 27 and meets the criteria of her parents she will be like 20ish.