Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
El-shia

What Can I Do To Become A Better Muslim?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

Ive been wondering all I do for Islam is Pray 5 times a day and avoid sins and help (do good deeds) when the opportunity rises .

But are there other activities (simple) I can add to my daily life to become a better Muslim?

It feels like all I do is pray 5 times a day...and other than that..I feel quite distanced from Allah outside these praying times I feel I need to do more .

batini ibadat is better then zahiri ibadat....ur good amal is better then 1000 rakat of namaaaz.so keep behaving good other then namaaz,service to human being is best form of worship.

but yes do not leave zahiri namaaaz.....

Learn more about the Prophets and Imams. their sayings. etc. it really does awaken your soul when you read Nahjul Balaga or just sayings of the imams and Prophets becuase they are so...miraculous, for lack of a better word. It'll bring you closer to God. It brought me closer to God

Edited by Faatima_ki_kaneez

Learn more about the Prophets and Imams. their sayings. etc. it really does awaken your soul when you read Nahjul Balaga or just sayings of the imams and Prophets becuase they are so...miraculous, for lack of a better word. It'll bring you closer to God. It brought me closer to God

learning is the thing one shd do wen he/she feels away from AllahÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

Hello everyone,

Ive been wondering all I do for Islam is Pray 5 times a day and avoid sins and help (do good deeds) when the opportunity rises .

But are there other activities (simple) I can add to my daily life to become a better Muslim?

It feels like all I do is pray 5 times a day...and other than that..I feel quite distanced from Allah outside these praying times I feel I need to do more .

Salam brother

Their are so many things you can do but one thing I highly recommend is Salat Layl. If you can manage to do it every night you will feel a whole lot different. Its hard to do but believe me its worth it.

11. The disciples asked Jesus (‘a), “Indicate to us a work by which we may enter the Garden.” He said, “Do not speak at all.” They said, “We cannot do that.” He said, “So, do not speak except what is good.”

(Sharh Nahj al-Balàgha, 10, 137)

http://www.al-islam.org/jesus_shiite_narrations/

5 - Bring forth One Worse than Yourself!

Allah revealed to Prophet Musa (as): “The next time you come to converse with Me, bring along someone who is inferior to you.”

Musa (as) set out in quest of such a person but failed to find one, because every person that he encountered, he did not have the nerve to think that he was superior to that person.

Then, deciding to direct his search amongst the animals, his eyes fell upon a diseased dog. He decided to take it along with him. He tied a rope around the dog's neck and began pulling it but after a short distance, he regretted his action and set the dog free. He returned empty-handed to have his conversation with Allah.

“Why did you not bring someone along with you, in accordance with My order?” came the voice from Allah.

Musa (as) beseeched, “O' Lord! I failed to find anyone who could be inferior to me.”

The reply came from Allah: “By My Might and Glory! Had you brought someone, regarding him to be inferior to yourself, I would have surely erased your name from the list of Prophets (and relieved you of the rank of Prophethood)!”

Namunah-e-Maaarif, Volume 2, Page 676; Layaliul Akhbar, Page 197

http://www.al-islam.org/anecdotes-reflection-2/

Salam brother

Their are so many things you can do but one thing I highly recommend is Salat Layl. If you can manage to do it every night you will feel a whole lot different. Its hard to do but believe me its worth it.

True i personally think nothing can beat Satal Layl

REFLECT

in the time you are in bed to the time you actually sleep

think about the whole day; right from morning to the evening what have you done and is it right and how can you be better than the previous day

just REFLECT

i heard that 1 hour reflection equals 70 days praying

so i think this helps

inshaAllah

11. The disciples asked Jesus (‘a), “Indicate to us a work by which we may enter the Garden.” He said, “Do not speak at all.” They said, “We cannot do that.” He said, “So, do not speak except what is good.”

(Sharh Nahj al-Balàgha, 10, 137)

http://www.al-islam....ite_narrations/

5 - Bring forth One Worse than Yourself!

Allah revealed to Prophet Musa (as): “The next time you come to converse with Me, bring along someone who is inferior to you.”

Musa (as) set out in quest of such a person but failed to find one, because every person that he encountered, he did not have the nerve to think that he was superior to that person.

Then, deciding to direct his search amongst the animals, his eyes fell upon a diseased dog. He decided to take it along with him. He tied a rope around the dog's neck and began pulling it but after a short distance, he regretted his action and set the dog free. He returned empty-handed to have his conversation with Allah.

“Why did you not bring someone along with you, in accordance with My order?” came the voice from Allah.

Musa (as) beseeched, “O' Lord! I failed to find anyone who could be inferior to me.”

The reply came from Allah: “By My Might and Glory! Had you brought someone, regarding him to be inferior to yourself, I would have surely erased your name from the list of Prophets (and relieved you of the rank of Prophethood)!”

Namunah-e-Maaarif, Volume 2, Page 676; Layaliul Akhbar, Page 197

http://www.al-islam....s-reflection-2/

simply beautiful.

purifying ur heart from anger, jealousy and greed to the point where:

- even if u have lost everything and u see others have everything, u are still thankful to Allah swt and are genuinely happy for them

- ur response to hositility is calmness and kindness

- u thank Allah swt constantly for what material things u have (even if they are limited)

i think to get to that stage is a huge accomplishment which very few can attest to