Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
bi_ithnillaah

Changing Merjas, Question & Poll For Taqlidis

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã

This is a question for those who make taqlid (non-taqlidis are welcome to answer only if they don't skew the results on purpose plz)

Please answer the poll according to the following scenario: You are currently a muqallid of Merja A and you want to switch to Merja B. However, Merja A says (for some irrelevant hypothetical reason) that you cannot switch to Merja B or that Merja B does not fit the criteria of a Merja in Merja A's opinion. But Merja B says that you can switch to him and he is generally accepted as a Merja among other Meraaja. So, would you obey Merja A and not switch to Merja B or would you switch to Merja B even though your Merja A says don't?

This is not a fiqh question, it is a personal opinion question.

Please explain your answers below (if you feel necessary).

Why would I want to switch my marja, you don't around questioning your doctors prescription problem with our generation is that we consider ourselves more knowledgable and wiser then our marja who has spend their lifetime in research. This poll is totally rubbish

There are quite a few missing details here that I would try to find out first, but going by what has been mentioned so far I'd go with switching to B. There no problem with switching (permanently, not moving back and forth) marja taqleed as far as I know.

Why would I want to switch my marja, you don't around questioning your doctors prescription problem with our generation is that we consider ourselves more knowledgable and wiser then our marja who has spend their lifetime in research. This poll is totally rubbish

I can think of why one might want to switch doctors (they're not responsive, or their prescribed cures aren't effective enough, or you've learned about new and more qualified doctors, etc), and some of the same reasons can apply to switching your marja.

Is there a real problem with switching?

You realize that as a muqallid you're actually suppose to choose a Merja. How would you get one in the first place? Would your parents tell you who to follow and for the next 50 years he's your Merja? There's no changing your mind about who's "most knowledgable" at any point in your life time regardless of new evidence comes up or increases in your own Islamic education?

Get real. This is a serious question that comes up among observant muqallids.

Anyway.

I left the question and scenario general because it doesn't matter why Merja A says you cannot switch. What matters is that he says you can't and as his muqallid you are suppose to follow him. So - follow him and remain in his taqlid, or disobey and switch? That's the question.