Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Professor Higgins

Exporting The Revolution

Rate this topic

After the 1979 Iranian Revolution, Iraq wanted to open a new chapter of friendship with Iran. The Shah's regime was not friendly with Iraq and to Arab interests, and the nationalist regime in Iraq wanted nothing more than peace with Iran to open a new chapter and a new front against the Zionist regime.

But later, the Islamists ( pro-Khomeini group) started attacking the Iranian leftists and nationalists and kicked them out.

then Ayatullah Khomeini came up with an doctrine, exporting the revolution

According to this doctrine, the Islamic revolution needs to be replicated in regions with Shia majority, like Iraq, Bahrain, Lebanon and eastern KSA, so as to bring about a Wilayat al-Faqih system in these countries. So basically the Iranian model should be replicated in these countries which should be ruled by the usooli Shia clergy, and these countries will become satellite states of the I.R.I.

This position was completely unacceptable to the then leadership of Iraq, as well as the political leaders of Bahrain, Lebanon and KSA.

Since them they set themselves firmly against the I.R.I.

Meanwhile the I.R.I was adamant on an Islamic Revolution in Iraq, and supporting certain elements in the Iraqi clergy who support such a course of action..

Iraq is a country where 35 % of the population are not Shi'ite and do not adhere to its tenets nor owe allegiance to any of its clergy. Obviously such a call was seen as an open threat by the Iraqi leadership, and therefore certain ruthless measures were adopted against the pro-revolution Iraqi clergy. This sowed the seeds of modern-day sectarianism in Iraq.

the same can be said about Lebanon as well.

My contention is why Khomeini gave a call for Islamic Revoltuion in countries which had a high non-Shia population ? Wasn;t it a recipe for sectarian tension ? What was the Ayatollah's logic and reason given in supporting an islamic Revolution in a country like, say Iraq or Lebanon ? He knew that most non-Shia people had absolutely no desire to accept a Wilayat al faqih regime. He also know that the entrenched political regimes in these countries will fight tooth and nail against this.

So what was the result ? Iran;s isolation from much of the Arab world, sowing the seeds of the conflict with Arab states which endures till today.

Even today slogans are raised about an Islamic revolution in Iraq, about a Shia uprising in Bahrain, about attacking KSA, these only increase the bitterness.

So my question is to the supporters of the I.R.I, what is the logic behind a Wilyata al faqih regime in Iraq or Bahrain ?

After the 1979 Iranian Revolution, Iraq wanted to open a new chapter of friendship with Iran. The Shah's regime was not friendly with Iraq and to Arab interests, and the nationalist regime in Iraq wanted nothing more than peace with Iran to open a new chapter and a new front against the Zionist regime.

But later, the Islamists ( pro-Khomeini group) started attacking the Iranian leftists and nationalists and kicked them out.

then Ayatullah Khomeini came up with an doctrine, exporting the revolution

Accordig to this doctrine, the Islamic revolution needs to be replicated in regions with Shia majority, like Iraq, Bahrain, Lebanon and eastern KSA, so as to bring about a Wilayat al-Faqih system in these countries. So basically the Iranian model should be replicated in these countries which should be ruled by the usooli Shia clergy, and these countries will become satellite states of the I.R.I.

This position was completely unacceptable to the then leadership of Iraq, as well as the political leaders of Bahrain, Lebanon and KSA.

Since them they set themselves firmly against the I.R.I.

Meanwhile the I.R.I was adamant on an Islamic Revolution in Iraq, and supporting certain elements in the Iraqi clergy who support such a course of action..

Iraq is a country where 35 % of the population are not Shi'ite and do not adhere to its tenets nor owe allegiance to any of its clergy. Obviously such a call was seen as an open threat by the Iraqi leadership, and therefore certain ruthless measures were adopted against the pro-revolution Iraqi clergy. This sowed the seeds of modern-day sectarianism in Iraq.

the same can be said about Lebanon as well.

My contention is why Khomeini gave a call for Islamic Revoltuion in countries which had a high non-Shia population ? Wasn;t it a recipe for sectarian tension ? What was the Ayatollah's logic and reason given in supporting an islamic Revolution in a country like, say Iraq or Lebanon ? He knew that most non-Shia people had absolutely no desire to accept a Wilayat al faqih regime. He also know that the entrenched political regimes in these countries will fight tooth and nail against this.

So what was the result ? Iran;s isolation from much of the Arab world, sowing the seeds of the conflict with Arab states which endures till today.

Even today slogans are raised about an Islamic revolution in Iraq, about a Shia uprising in Bahrain, about attacking KSA, these only increase the bitterness.

So my question is to the supporters of the I.R.I, what is the logic behind a Wilyata al faqih regime in Iraq or Bahrain ?

dude which school did you go you either a joker or just a foolish day dreamer.... lol tell have you been reading Jaffery archer's novels

what is the logic behind supporting the export of Nasser's pan-Arabism?

As far as I know, the previous regime in Iraq did not accept the Nasserist line of exporting Republicanism and Pan-Arabism to other countries. Nasser actually shot himself in the foot with that one and earned the lasting enmity of everyone in the M.E. Infact Nasser's "exporting the revolution" was the main reason behind the defeat of 1967 - in the 1960s there was a Cold War between Egypt and KSA in Yemen and almost 30,000 Egyptian troops were tied down in Yemen when they were needed in 1967. Trust me, exporting an ideolgy or a form of Government spells nothing but disaster, and everyone is guilty of it - the Marxists, nasserists, Khomeinsts and of course, the Saudis.