Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
vazeer

Ask Your Computer Problems Here !

they blocked all the proxies in pakistan that people used for surfing on youtube, how do I open youtube now?

i needed to listen to hasnain rajabali's  and ali najjar's lectures and the qazwini brothers...

and listen to nohas and nasheeds. i cant do all that any more. :((

Edited by hafiz

Salaam, 

Is there any way that I can get back my 'lost' files from a usb back? I connected my usb to a public computer at the lab and apparently the computer contained a virus that got into my usb and deleted all my files. I called a company that might be able to get back my files but they charge lots of money without even giving me certainty to get back my lost files. 

ws. 

@ bro Socrates suggested to to good solution post, Recuva is free file recovery software firstly try that and then there are many paid good one too.

they blocked all the proxies in pakistan that people used for surfing on youtube, how do I open youtube now?

i needed to listen to hasnain rajabali's  and ali najjar's lectures and the qazwini brothers...

and listen to nohas and nasheeds. i cant do all that any more. :((

Bro when one door closes thousand other opens :D

Download "hotspot sheild" and it should work great as it changing its ip so hard to block

http://www.anchorfree.com/hotspot-shield-VPN-download-windows.php

if HS above didnt work try this one it should work its called "Ultrasurf"

https://ultrasurf.us/

if these also dont work let me know :P

Edited by vazeer

Hotspot Shield is useless. I have really fast internet and I get worse-than-a-crawling-turtle speeds. For watching Youtube videos, that makes it unpractical.

I'll give this ultrasulf a try.

@Khadim uz Zahra:  Proxy means passing ip from different geo location so certainly it will slow as its free sever and very overloaded, if u want fast proxy u have to go for paid once.

Ultrasurf will not be very fast just ok.

(bismillah)

(salam)

Are free anti virus softwares dependable? I went to best buy and the person suggested downloading avast cnet because it was free however I am unsure.

(wasalam)

Salaam bro, ive been using Microsoft Windows security essentials, its a free antivirus for windows by Microsoft. Its been working just fine, have been using it for a while now. (probably around 2 years I think)

(bismillah)

(salam)

Are free anti virus softwares dependable? I went to best buy and the person suggested downloading avast cnet because it was free however I am unsure.

(wasalam)

As bro Muditz stated, Microsoft security essentials is safe and free. I have also been using it for two years on my laptop and desktop and not one virus struck either machines ever since. Best buy or Future Shop can say what ever they feel like, but it doesn't mean they necessarily are right all the time. Don't let them rip you off. 

http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/microsoft-security-essentials.aspx

(bismillah)

(salam)

Are free anti virus softwares dependable? I went to best buy and the person suggested downloading avast cnet because it was free however I am unsure.

(wasalam)

I use norton but usually if you live in the US. The public schools (even colleges/uni) you go to provide you with free softwares such as office and computer security. Try to search it up and find it.

(salam)

I want to buy an authentic software that can help me shield my IP address and any and all of my internet activity from NSA peepheads, and one that can help me bypass the ban on certain websites in Pakistan. Apparently Spotflux and Hotspotshield servers are being blocked by PTCL so I can't seem to use them anymore, so there's no guarantee that they will be different if I buy them...

Any suggestions?

Edited by HellHound

@Khadim uz Zahra:  Proxy means passing ip from different geo location so certainly it will slow as its free sever and very overloaded, if u want fast proxy u have to go for paid once.

Ultrasurf will not be very fast just ok.

I know all that but Hotspot Shield is made out to be the best but it is literally slowest of the whole bunch of free proxies and VPNs. I much prefer Spotflux which gives me much better speeds and I would really not call it slow. It, however, is still not able to circumvent the ban on Youtube now. Looks like PTA has been spending a lot of time in ensuring no one accesses Youtube in Pakistan.

Salam alaikum

I have a netbook purchased in 2009 which I used to use regularly until it became so slow as to be unusable. I've already reduced the number of programs that load on startup. I scanned for viruses and defragmented but it still goes so slow I can't even move the cursor around on the screen because it takes ages to catch up. Is there anything I can do to save it, or is it now just an overpriced paperweight?

I don't recall specs offhand, but it has 1 Gb RAM.

Salam alaikum

I have a netbook purchased in 2009 which I used to use regularly until it became so slow as to be unusable. I've already reduced the number of programs that load on startup. I scanned for viruses and defragmented but it still goes so slow I can't even move the cursor around on the screen because it takes ages to catch up. Is there anything I can do to save it, or is it now just an overpriced paperweight?

wa alykum salaam

Upgrade the ram. What kind of notebook is it? (brand..model?) Make it 4gb or 6gb ram depending on what you do with it, you'll notice a big difference. Ram is pretty cheap on ebay btw, will cost you less than 50 bucks and 10-20 bucks for someone to put it in.

Edited by Mushkil Kusha

anybody know how u can post a youtube video on sc? is it same as posting pics cuz i tried that & didn't work?

thanks

Just insert "[m.edia]" before and "[/m.edia]" after the youtube link you'll post. I've never tried it but I read this is how it should be done.

Salam alaikum

Ws sister. 1 GB of RAM is not sufficient with all the programs and software installed on the computer. You said you unchecked the programs at startup, however this should only make the boot a little quicker. If you aren't using any other program/software/games on the laptop, I'd suggest you delete them from the computer.

Besides upgrading the RAM, try doing a clean reinstall of the operating system after you've made sure all the data you require from the computer is backed up.

wa alykum salaam

Upgrade the ram. What kind of notebook is it? (brand..model?) Make it 4gb or 6gb ram depending on what you do with it, you'll notice a big difference. Ram is pretty cheap on ebay btw, will cost you less than 50 bucks and 10-20 bucks for someone to put it in.

RAM should help however she can save 10-20 bucks by simply following some youtube tutorials on how to change them. Why drain the hard earned money in someone else's pockets if the procedure is quite simple?

Asalam Alykum,

As easier way to clean up a computer's unused registry and other components along with modifying what programs should run at start up and what shouldn't, simple download CCleaner (free version) software [http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download]. It is quite reliable and makes an easier job. To find out if your RAM (Memory) is causing the issues etc simply download freemeter [http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemeter/] software and let it run. Check it in the tray near the volume icon and it will tell you what is struggling.

Take two of these and call me in the morning (pun - you know how doctor says). Anyways, good luck. Your machine is not a paper weight. Its a machine made by many people who were probably paid peanuts in some factory. Use it efficiently :)

Ma'Salam.

Edited by tearsofregret

Thanks, all. If I can get it to do anything, I'll try to clean it up. I used to use it daily, then it got too bogged down and started running like a snail.

Salaam

i was wondering if anybody knows how to fix the volume on a laptop?? cuz its really down now and even if i have the volume up full level the sound is still very low and i can hardly hear anything at all. its been like this for 2 weeks now and i tried everything including checking the computer settings, but nothing so far..

anyone know or have more ideas how i can fix ??? thank u so much in advance.

Salaam

i was wondering if anybody knows how to fix the volume on a laptop?? cuz its really down now and even if i have the volume up full level the sound is still very low and i can hardly hear anything at all. its been like this for 2 weeks now and i tried everything including checking the computer settings, but nothing so far..

anyone know or have more ideas how i can fix ??? thank u so much in advance.

(salam)

Check the battery and make sure that it is fully charged. A lot of times when the batter is at the half way point or low, it effects the volume. 

(salam)

I am playing War Thunder on my laptop, now I dont really have any idea if it is ok to play MMO games like War Thunder not bad for

laptops health. Does my laptop fulfills the requirements?

Its core i3, 2.4GHz. Do I need the so called Video Card? Dont know if my system has anything such or no.

I admit i sound idiot :)

(salam)

Long story short, I was downloading large amount of torrents (easily bypassed 1TB in a week I believe). I need most of them for university (they're lectures and tutorials. Ranging from Anatomy to painting since I'm doing an art course I have to learn a lot of human anatomy, design, painting, etc). Anyway, my university caught me downloading so much that they e-mailed me saying I had to stop. When I was using BTGuard (VPN) before the christmas break, I had no problems, but I cancelled my subscription in January and since then they e-mailed me telling me to stop. 

Now, I have to log into a portal to use the internet and it requires me to enter a unique username and password. Will the VPN do me any good? Since I didn't have any problems before? Or will they know that I am using it since I've logged into a portal already?

(salam)

Check the battery and make sure that it is fully charged. A lot of times when the batter is at the half way point or low, it effects the volume. 

thank u , i cant believe why im not getting notification from this thread when someone reply to my post...i just saw ur reply now thanks

(salam)

I want to buy an authentic software that can help me shield my IP address and any and all of my internet activity from NSA peepheads, and one that can help me bypass the ban on certain websites in Pakistan. Apparently Spotflux and Hotspotshield servers are being blocked by PTCL so I can't seem to use them anymore, so there's no guarantee that they will be different if I buy them...

Any suggestions?

salaam,

if u wana goo for paid version, there are so many good vpn. But none will protect u from NSA as they r hardwired in most of servers and uses numerous metthods to spy on.but can certainly bypass  ptcl firewall below r liinks to paid vpn (but try beforre buying)

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/http://www.torrentprivacy.com/index.php?mod=v2_main_6https://privacy.io/

(salam)

I am playing War Thunder on my laptop, now I dont really have any idea if it is ok to play MMO games like War Thunder not bad for

laptops health. Does my laptop fulfills the requirements?

Its core i3, 2.4GHz. Do I need the so called Video Card? Dont know if my system has anything such or no.

I admit i sound idiot :)

check ur system properties and check for display and it will show u details of display driver, post it here and we will tell u which display hardware ur system is using (generally if its of Nvidia or ATI then ur system is graphic card)

MMO games are generally not high on graphic and will not have much effects on ur system.

But if u have graphic card, ur display will be great and system processor will not have to work much.

(salam)

Long story short, I was downloading large amount of torrents (easily bypassed 1TB in a week I believe). I need most of them for university (they're lectures and tutorials. Ranging from Anatomy to painting since I'm doing an art course I have to learn a lot of human anatomy, design, painting, etc). Anyway, my university caught me downloading so much that they e-mailed me saying I had to stop. When I was using BTGuard (VPN) before the christmas break, I had no problems, but I cancelled my subscription in January and since then they e-mailed me telling me to stop. 

Now, I have to log into a portal to use the internet and it requires me to enter a unique username and password. Will the VPN do me any good? Since I didn't have any problems before? Or will they know that I am using it since I've logged into a portal already?

In short they can track u but through vpn they cant track what ur downloading but can track ur how much data is uploading and downloading. But for first go to terms and conditions if they caught u again what will happen. Its better to be safe than sorry.

thank u , i cant believe why im not getting notification from this thread when someone reply to my post...i just saw ur reply now thanks

Same here, i didnt get notification of this thread i think there is some issue with server or maybe my ISP is blocking it :D

I have a virus on my pc. Every anti-vir-prog. doesn´t work. They were blocked and even not able to start.

tearsofregret suggested u correctly u can aslo try reinstalling antivirus is safe mode, u only option will be backuping data and reformating pc.

Edited by vazeer

Salaam alaikum,

im dealing with this problem for a long time now. im experiencing slower than usual Internet problems and especially when im on websites where there's a lot of pages and i need to click through each one, I never get passsed the first page and the website just freezes and "pretends" to load but never does. does anyone know whats going on & how can I fix this problem?? is it Internet or laptop related stuff??

thanks & Jazak'Alla kheir

Salaam alaikum, im dealing with this problem for a long time now. im experiencing slower than usual Internet problems and especially when im on websites where there's a lot of pages and i need to click through each one, I never get passsed the first page and the website just freezes and "pretends" to load but never does. does anyone know whats going on & how can I fix this problem?? is it Internet or laptop related stuff?? thanks & Jazak'Alla kheir

probably the flash content eating much of your computer resources, try noscript/flashblock or similar browser addons

Edited by 570

August 6, 2017 Pacific Standard time. Washington state, USA. Latitude: 47-08'28'' N Longitude: 122-16'12'' W

Guidance app on my 2009 imac shows Maghrib 8:37 and Isha 9:42

Muslim pro app on my Iphone 5s shows Maghrib 8:38 and Isha 10:18

Pebble 2 smart watch 5 daily prayers Watch face shows Maghrib 8:34 and Isha 10:17

How do I fix?

Edited by iavswn

I have mind boggling problem at the moment. I have few months old samsung EVO 850 and its been running ok till 2 days ago. It refused to start with the message about "Boot Configuration Data" error. I tried every method that I knew with no avail. So deleted the partition completely restart new. At first I used the "MBR" type, but the Win7 refused to install by saying can't install because it is MBR. So I deleted the partition and repartition again, and this time as GPT. Again it would not install because it is GPT.

What else is there to do? I think I missed something here, please enlighten me. Btw, I used 64 bit version.

Thanks for any help. 

Salam,

A member has a dilemma. They are using MS word and have created a table with columns for the page number, line number and text in the middle. They have also used the comments feature to make comments as they want those notes on the page once printed. In the print preview the table and comments section is showing up as taking up most of the page but when printing, the table and comments are considerably smaller. They have tried to convert to PDF, change the layout/margin but none of these seem to be working as once printed, the table is a lot smaller. The table or font cannot be made bigger as the it ruins the format and already seem to fit on the page nicely.

Can anyone help or give tips as to how to keep the table/comments the size they are once printed?

22 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Salam,

A member has a dilemma. They are using MS word and have created a table with columns for the page number, line number and text in the middle. They have also used the comments feature to make comments as they want those notes on the page once printed. In the print preview the table and comments section is showing up as taking up most of the page but when printing, the table and comments are considerably smaller. They have tried to convert to PDF, change the layout/margin but none of these seem to be working as once printed, the table is a lot smaller. The table or font cannot be made bigger as the it ruins the format and already seem to fit on the page nicely.

Can anyone help or give tips as to how to keep the table/comments the size they are once printed?

print screen and then edit it or directly print as image .

4 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Thank you, could you kindly explain how it can be directly printed as an image? Does it need to converted to another file?  

If your problem was solved, then I think there is no need to explain it. I forgot that people use windows.