Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a great thread and good idea. May God bless you, vazeer.

Salam my brother and sisters If you had any computer or cell phone related problems please feel free to ask here. B) Im good at computers and gadgets and have lot of experience and degres in this fiel

Assalaam aleykom THANK YOU VERY MUCH, bro Vazeer. It worked!!!!!!!! Im sooooo happy, I gave up and accepted that all was gone. Elhamdlillah thousand times. Jazaka Allah Alf Khair, and May Allah make a

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

laptop problem hp dv9000: SOS

Screen wont turn on, it remains black....

1. Does u get post screen that black bios screen with grey text in start just for seconds if yes specify where ur screen stucks and gets black.

2. If no display at all from start display even dosn't lights up then it can hardware related prblm.

Guest Inaya

Salaam,

Thanks for the help, I have succesfully downloaded the programme now! I have another little problem though..

Everytime I open shiachat, I see a little advertisement box in the lower right part of the page that says: Recommended for You. When I click on it the add shows, it's something different every time. Then when I open it and click on the 'x' the add just minimizes and I still see the 'Recommended for You' box in the lower right corner.

For some weird reason this only appears when I open shiachat :P It's not doing anything, but I just find it annoying. It wasn't showing before, I don't understand why it keeps showing now.

ws.

• Veteran Member

Salaam,

Thanks for the help, I have succesfully downloaded the programme now! I have another little problem though..

Everytime I open shiachat, I see a little advertisement box in the lower right part of the page that says: Recommended for You. When I click on it the add shows, it's something different every time. Then when I open it and click on the 'x' the add just minimizes and I still see the 'Recommended for You' box in the lower right corner.

For some weird reason this only appears when I open shiachat :P It's not doing anything, but I just find it annoying. It wasn't showing before, I don't understand why it keeps showing now.

ws.

I think it's a spam.. Go on your firefox and add this plugin ..

https://addons.mozil...n/adblock-plus/

Same thing if you use Chrome..

Salaam,

I got a problem recently. I have a Toshiba A200 Laptop and it's Windows Vista.

When I shut down the computer, it logs off and goes to the shut down screen like normal.

Then some blue error screen comes up (with all sorts of letters and numbers) and rather than shutting down, it restarts the laptop.

I then get taken to the login screen and have to shut down from there by clicking that red button on the bottom right:

Windows%20Vista%20Clear%20Main%20Login.jpg

So I want to know why my laptop isn't shutting down normally and how to fix this.

Jazak Allah.

I see what the problem is,,,,,,,,,,,you are using Vista

solution: get rid of it

• Veteran Member

how to fix bsod in easy way?

DO this :

Its seems BSOD is killing ur shutdown process to save laptop and ur windows is corrupted due to u installed or removed or updated ur laptop.

Firstly try to restore u windows from restore option in start menu>system tools to a previous date when it was working fine.

If this option dosn't works try this

Goto

Control panel>system>system and maintenence>Advanced system settings

startup and Recovery tab uncheck "Automatically restart on system failure"

but this option can resolve restart problem but ur windows would still be corrupted.

Suggestion:Update as soon as possible to windows 7 vista is unstable

And let me add, if you can write here the number of your BSOD, it could help us to know exactly what's the origin of it..

• Advanced Member

DO this :

And let me add, if you can write here the number of your BSOD, it could help us to know exactly what's the origin of it..

first you cant access the desktop because bsod on the booting screen and if i change the "Automatically restart on system failure" via the safe mode its restart infinite and 0x000000x8

• Advanced Member

first you cant access the desktop because bsod on the booting screen and if i change the "Automatically restart on system failure" via the safe mode its restart infinite and 0x000000x8

Its seems ur in BSOD loop then its os problem easy solution, is to boot from vista disc and select repair and if it detects prblm automically then juts repair it should be good.

Second solution: can give a try before repair is to try to restore ur system from restore checkpoints from safe mode but chances are very low,

Note:Backup ur data asap.

Recommendation: Upgrade to Win7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

its already a win7 and it impossible to login in safe mode. and its go to blue screen middle of the os installation.how to solve this prob?

Have to tried to install a fresh windows by formating the previous one,there should be no problem in that if still there is problem and crash try different os disc sometime a faulty disc is reason for it.

• Advanced Member

Correct message: How do you setup recovery on a windows 7 computer which allows you to backup and restore to an earlier date?

Firsly u need to enable it on drives u want in case its not already enabled.

Goto> Computer> properties>Advance system settings>system protection (tab) >Configure button

If u want to create ur own point click on create and name it and in few seconds it create a point for u.

and to restore to a point goto > start >accesories > system tools > and system restore

I will show automatically created point choose which u want.

Microsoft have a step by step video, have a look at it too

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Create-a-restore-point

hello vazeer

I have xp but every time I try to put linux it rejects what to do?

What u mean by it rejects plz explains, u need to boot from linux cd and from bios make boot from media to top priority.

Cd should be bootable either live cd or aternative disc both will work.

Which variant of linux are u trying to boot like Ubuntu, Fedora, Opensuse ?

Edited by vazeer
  • Advanced Member

Iphone dosn't delete anything automatically, did u sync it with itune if so it may be deleted, try checking it through ifiles explorer or similar.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

No question sounds great.

NOTE : If friends u have any Smartphone or gadgets related problems feel free to ask i will try to help .(Like Android or iphone etc)

Edited by vazeer
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Salaam bro. Vazeer,

I've recently come to Oman for work and I realized that Skype is banned here. Now, I've got some very important contacts on Skype that I need to have this working. I tried opening Skype's website but it was bloked. Then one of my friends suggested and emailed me ultrasurf downloadable executable file.

I downloaded it, executed it and it shows this golden lock at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I believe this is the latest updated one. I then went back to Skype to see if it lets me get to the website which it did. I then downloaded Skype on my laptop...but no luck so far in accessing it.

I put in my login details and after trying for sometime, it shows a message: Skype cannot connect.

Please help me in this, I have some super important things on Skype which I cannot afford not to have it working.

I have also attached a snapshot of what it looks like. The file is called 'Skype issue'.

Besides this, my laptop is a new one. I purchased it a month ago. When I was at the store, the guy told me that he will give me 500GB harddrive space. Later he called and said that he can offer me only 320GB. I then said that I will contemplate and get back to him. He then called up later and said that he can offer me 500GB (obviously he didn't want me as a customer to turn back on the sale). I didn't have time to check my laptop because it was delivered the night before I was flying out and I was super busy. When I came back to Oman, I realized that he made 4 partitions - C, D, E and F.

C: is about 100GB

E and F: are about 121GB

He didn't format D: either intentionally or otherwise. Is it safe to format it now or will it affect the other drives as well and my data? Also, do you think the D drive was 'forced' into the laptop just so that he wanted to keep his word..will this affect the laptop's functioning in any way?

Jazakallah Khair for your help.

• Veteran Member

Dump the Mac and get a PC. ^^^

Or try this: Google "Free proxy list". You should be able to find a list of IP addresses of free proxy servers along with their IP addresses and ports. Something like this:

192.168.1.15 port: 8080

123.45.6.78 port: 2231

__ . __ .__ . __

and so on. Try any one of those. Open your internet browser, go to settings / preferences ---> network ---> proxy. Add the IP address (as you read it on the list) there (e.g., "192.168.1.15" without quotes) in the address space, and then the port (e.g., "8080" ). Make sure to select "HTTP" if the browser doesn't select it by default. Click Apply and OK. Now try the blocked website. If it doesn't work, or is slow, try a different proxy server.

By the way, where is Vizeer? I had a question of my own. :o

• Veteran Member

(salam)

@Darth Vader: what's your question bro?

@ Chaotic: you can use OpenVpn. I think this one should work.

@ Inquisitor: I don't get it. C+E+F = 322 Gb. So what contain D: if you only have about 320 giga ?

It depends on which partition works your computer. If windows is installed on D:, you'll lose everything on it and have to install windows again, which is not a good choice if you don't have the serial key and if it's a OEM version (means installed by the seller and i don't have the cd and all this stuff)

If your OS is installed on other partition, it shouldn't be a problem i guess.

But be sure to format the only D: partition and not all the hard drive.

• Advanced Member
Salaam bro. Vazeer, I've recently come to Oman for work and I realized that Skype is banned here. Now, I've got some very important contacts on Skype that I need to have this working. I tried opening Skype's website but it was bloked. Then one of my friends suggested and emailed me ultrasurf downloadable executable file. I downloaded it, executed it and it shows this golden lock at the bottom right hand corner of the screen. I believe this is the latest updated one. I then went back to Skype to see if it lets me get to the website which it did. I then downloaded Skype on my laptop...but no luck so far in accessing it. I put in my login details and after trying for sometime, it shows a message: Skype cannot connect. Please help me in this, I have some super important things on Skype which I cannot afford not to have it working. I have also attached a snapshot of what it looks like. The file is called 'Skype issue'. Besides this, my laptop is a new one. I purchased it a month ago. When I was at the store, the guy told me that he will give me 500GB harddrive space. Later he called and said that he can offer me only 320GB. I then said that I will contemplate and get back to him. He then called up later and said that he can offer me 500GB (obviously he didn't want me as a customer to turn back on the sale). I didn't have time to check my laptop because it was delivered the night before I was flying out and I was super busy. When I came back to Oman, I realized that he made 4 partitions - C, D, E and F. C: is about 100GB E and F: are about 121GB He didn't format D: either intentionally or otherwise. Is it safe to format it now or will it affect the other drives as well and my data? Also, do you think the D drive was 'forced' into the laptop just so that he wanted to keep his word..will this affect the laptop's functioning in any way? Jazakallah Khair for your help.

@Inquisitor : sorry for late reply as was bit busy, Oman, UAE, Saudi and other uses firewall to block voip and sites, in ur case it seems they not just block the website but also voip port by which skype connects, as u already have ultrsrf and ur acessing skype website so there is chane u can block skype too,

(Warning: Its illegal under laws of these countries so if they want they can charge u for crime so be cautious)

Open Ultrasrf and when connected

Open Skype on skype login screen to goto connection and check use 80 and 443 port and now and select manaul port instead of automatic and it server write "localhost" and in port "9666" (its ultrsrf port) and save it exit skype and open again and login now hopefully it should connect now.

There is no problem with ur pc they are just blocking it.

If it dosn't work let me know there are other ways too.

As its not formatted already so there is no data in it u can format on D: they will not effect ur other drives , No they didn't forced D: in ur laptop its 500GB per info u given.

hotspot shield is blocked too

Hotspot website is blocked or software dosn't connects

If website blocked try this

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/27383/hotspot-shield/

If it dosn't works other free good vpn u can try is

Proxpn mac :

http://proxpn.com/download.php

(it could aslo be blcked let me know then)

Dump the Mac and get a PC. ^^^

Or try this: Google "Free proxy list". You should be able to find a list of IP addresses of free proxy servers along with their IP addresses and ports. Something like this:

192.168.1.15 port: 8080

123.45.6.78 port: 2231

__ . __ .__ . __

and so on. Try any one of those. Open your internet browser, go to settings / preferences ---> network ---> proxy. Add the IP address (as you read it on the list) there (e.g., "192.168.1.15" without quotes) in the address space, and then the port (e.g., "8080" ). Make sure to select "HTTP" if the browser doesn't select it by default. Click Apply and OK. Now try the blocked website. If it doesn't work, or is slow, try a different proxy server.

By the way, where is Vizeer? I had a question of my own. :o

Dear my name is Vazeer not Vizeer :(,

Free proxy will usually not work in these cases as these countries are using dedicated firewall so connection need to through SSL else it will automatically blocked.

I was bit busy these days :)

Please ask ur question ?

@ Chaotic: you can use OpenVpn. I think this one should work.

U told Choatic about OpenVpn but OpenVpn is just a client u need server address and config to connect to that server, it itself is not a vpn provider.

Edited by vazeer
  • Veteran Member

Dear Vazeer, (Sorry I misspelled your name earlier!)

Thank you. My question is computer hardware related. I'm looking to upgrade my computer system from a Intel Core2Duo E6600@ 2.4 ghz CPU and a AMD HD 4870 1 GB DDR3 GPU. I have this system since 2005-2006 and its still serving me well but the capacitors on the motherboard have gotten old now and are swelling up and so the system is starting to fail. Before this system I had a AMD Athlon II processor which served me until 2006. I want to go all AMD again. I've been out of touch with all the hardware updates since then and have no clue what would be good. I wanted to know if the AMD "APU" (a GPU and a CPU on same die and chip) would be a good option. AMD has some good 32 nm options. Otherwise it'll be Intel (I would hate to feed the giant any money since it helps Israel). Please give some advice. Thanks again.

• Advanced Member

Dear Vazeer, (Sorry I misspelled your name earlier!)

Thank you. My question is computer hardware related. I'm looking to upgrade my computer system from a Intel Core2Duo E6600@ 2.4 ghz CPU and a AMD HD 4870 1 GB DDR3 GPU. I have this system since 2005-2006 and its still serving me well but the capacitors on the motherboard have gotten old now and are swelling up and so the system is starting to fail. Before this system I had a AMD Athlon II processor which served me until 2006. I want to go all AMD again. I've been out of touch with all the hardware updates since then and have no clue what would be good. I wanted to know if the AMD "APU" (a GPU and a CPU on same die and chip) would be a good option. AMD has some good 32 nm options. Otherwise it'll be Intel (I would hate to feed the giant any money since it helps Israel). Please give some advice. Thanks again.

Dear, to be true I also not in touch with processor and gpu from quite a time but as per my knowlede APU have lot a performance problems on both end AMD Bulldozer and Intel Sandybridge and they are meant for reducing size and if any cpu or gpu goes down everthing is down so it not cost effective but if u still wana go for AMD Trinity A8 APU they are best out there as A10 are still not there.

I personally doesn't use embedded chips I use Intel i7 extreme as cpu.

As per money going to Israel then no matter what u do it will go in their pockets, if u use google, facebook, microsoft, if u watch movies, if u use banking system, if u use credit cards so they r deep in roots, u can run but can't escape.

• Advanced Member
@ Inquisitor: I don't get it. C+E+F = 322 Gb. So what contain D: if you only have about 320 giga ?

It depends on which partition works your computer. If windows is installed on D:, you'll lose everything on it and have to install windows again, which is not a good choice if you don't have the serial key and if it's a OEM version (means installed by the seller and i don't have the cd and all this stuff)

If your OS is installed on other partition, it shouldn't be a problem i guess.

But be sure to format the only D: partition and not all the hard drive.

@cendrillon:

D: isn't formatted yet, so it doesn't contain anything. Right now C+E+F = 320 Giga. My concern was whether the D: was forcefully inserted just so the guy could keep his word. And Windows isn't installed on D:, so Inshallah I won't lose any data.

Btw, like you mentioned previously, mine is the OEM version. I was wondering if there is any way I could copy it onto a DVD, because right now, I'm in a desert and there isn't a PC repairer as far as my sight goes over the sand dunes. Any way around this, just in case I want to format my laptop and re-install the OS?

@Vazeer:

Jazakallah khair. I will Inshallah try this soon and will let you know if it indeed did work. Btw, I want to use Audacity for some recording stuff and I heard it has some issues recording in Windows 7?

Edited by Inquisitor
  • Advanced Member

@Vazeer:

Jazakallah khair. I will Inshallah try this soon and will let you know if it indeed did work. Btw, I want to use Audacity for some recording stuff and I heard it has some issues recording in Windows 7?

Audacity works fine on windows 7 problems only occure when there is driver issue.

Answer 1:

As ur laptop is brand new there must be a programm for creating recovery disc which will copy OS and drivers on dvds so u can reinstall same os again look for it in start menu and then its just putting disc and next next thingy.

Im very near too in same desert dear and here repair shop will recharge u lot and they didn't have any knowledge of these things just making money.

Edited by vazeer