Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Noura

Notes On The Syrian Uprising.

Rate this topic

If I am not mistaken, it was over few thousand dollars.

What ever it was about because his friends with the US, it means his human rights actions are not a serious issue.

So it means the deffinition of a "human rights violation" can only fit in if you are from a government that is anti-US or israeli forign policy.

Edited by south-lebanon

No it absolutely does. A non-Arabic speaking Iraqi is as suspicious as a middle aged American man being a Lesbian in Damascus.

I suggest you take a visit to Iraq - 25-30% of Iraqis do not speak arabic as their first language. That middle aged damascus lesbian was a total retard. Assad's bathist party are secularists , they don't go after Lesbos and Gays they go after people with long beards.

What ever it was about because his friends with the US, it means his human rights actions are not a serious issue.

There are numerous cases of human rights abuse, mostly for foreign labourers and maids. Not sufficient for a UN crisis or unilateral calls for invasion either. Though something needs to be done about it, unfortunately not enough is being done to protect their rights.

HR is just a convenient political excuse nowadays. Gulf gas stations are the hub of all thats evil when it comes to violations of basic rights of mankind.

I suggest you take a visit to Iraq - 25-30% of Iraqis do not speak arabic as their first language. That middle aged damascus lesbian was a total retard. Assad's bathist party are secularists , they don't go after Lesbos and Gays they go after people with long beards.

so you are a kurd?

HR is just a convenient political excuse nowadays. Gulf gas stations are the hub of all thats evil when it comes to violations of basic rights of mankind.

so you are a kurd?

No, I am not an Iraqi Kurd ( not from that kurdistan region) Edited by Abu Muslim

There are numerous cases of human rights abuse, mostly for foreign labourers and maids. Not sufficient for a UN crisis or unilateral calls for invasion either. Though something needs to be done about it, unfortunately not enough is being done to protect their rights.

What about this video,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qXfEnu95n0&feature=channel

I'm Muslim - that's all that matters : )

so you are not a turkman either. A non Aarabic speaking Iraqi who is neither a Kurd nor a Turkman...hmmm.... you must then be a gay girl from baghdad?

You dont speak Arabic, Kurdish, Turksih, Farsi, or Urdu. then you must be a bengali.

so you are not a turkman either. A non Aarabic speaking Iraqi who is neither a Kurd nor a Turkman...hmmm.... you must then be a gay girl from baghdad?

LOL no bro hahahah I dont roll like that.I know some farsi, actually. : ) Edited by Abu Muslim

I can show you videos of political oppression in Zimbabwe or China. What point would I be making though?

Violence against political dissent is a reality in most countries. However this thread is about brutality by the Syrian regime against political dissent.

Why can't you acknowledge that it exists? Syria never was a democratic utopian state, and it most likely will never be.

Forget about the strategic interests to Iran or the strategic supply lines to Hezbollah for a second, forget about sectarianism for a second and that it's still a Sunni majority ruled by an Alawi elite who came to power and has stayed ever since.... just think about human suffering for once and show empathy... speak out for injustice wherever you see it, whether it is in Bahrain, Eastern Saudi Arabia, Karachi.. or here in Syria.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Stop testing me, Where I am from , What language I speak.. its irrelevant. I don't know where you got this idea that I am bengladeshi.

pas farsi ham balad nesti..? I came to the conclusion that you are bengali deductively with your help. You dont speak any of the languages spoken in ME and the main language of South Asia. That automatically leaves bengali out.

pas farsi ham balad nesti..? I came to the conclusion that you are bengali deductively with your help. You dont speak any of the languages spoken in ME and the main language of South Asia. That automatically leaves bengali out.

man kam farsi baladim.. you can remain quiet. Edited by Abu Muslim

man kam farsi baladim.. you can shutup now.

So going back to your earlier post where you said you are not fluent in Arabic because its not your mother tongue then farsi must be it. right? and from your farsi I can tell that its not. so whats the deal?

So going back to your earlier post where you said you are not fluent in Arabic because its not your mother tongue then farsi must be it. right? and from your farsi I can tell that its not. so whats the deal?

Dude, does it honestly matter where I am from? The topic is the brutality of your leader Bashar, c'mon defend your great leader Bashar.

pashtu poyege?

Oh yes it is. The fact that you are hiding makes things suspicious.

Listen, there is multiple threads in the off topic section where people deal with questions such as .. "where are you from", "what language do you speak", "how old are you". I suggest you head to that section - This section is where the big boys hang out ^_^

Listen, there is multiple threads in the off topic section where people deal with questions such as .. "where are you from", "what language do you speak", "how old are you". I suggest you head to that section - This section is where the big boys hang out ^_^

CASE CLOSED! my bangladeshi friend...? or is it that you are an Israeli :o

Are you really that shallow bro? Honestly, the fact that I ruled out being an Arab does not make me Israeli or Bengali.

you yourself are making things hard. trust me I aint having any fun. I am just curious because you always lie about who you are/where you come from.

I can show you videos of political oppression in Zimbabwe or China. What point would I be making though?

Violence against political dissent is a reality in most countries. However this thread is about brutality by the Syrian regime against political dissent.

Why can't you acknowledge that it exists? Syria never was a democratic utopian state, and it most likely will never be.

Forget about the strategic interests to Iran or the strategic supply lines to Hezbollah for a second, forget about sectarianism for a second and that it's still a Sunni majority ruled by an Alawi elite who came to power and has stayed ever since.... just think about human suffering for once and show empathy... speak out for injustice wherever you see it, whether it is in Bahrain, Eastern Saudi Arabia, Karachi.. or here in Syria.

Zimbabwe or China are not relevant,

The video's im posting are of crimes that belong to regimes that are hypociticly being used as vessels to orchestrate the strife in Syria because of its non-secterian (the baath party has nothing to do with shiaism) alliance with Iran, hezbollah.

Just over 10 years ago Turkey almost went to war with Syria because of Syria's support for the PKK, they did not like the idea of Syria meddling in their internal affairs, but look at the video i posted and you will see how unjustly the kurds in Turkey are being treated, and now the Turkish regime for no other reason than hypocricy and secterianism, are allowing th FSA to operate from Turkey to launch attacks against the current syrian regime.

you yourself are making things hard. trust me I aint having any fun. I am just curious because you always lie about who you are/where you come from.

This is the first time we have spoken LOL. Why the always?

Zimbabwe or China are not relevant,

The video's im posting are of crimes that belong to regimes that are hypociticly being used as vessels to orchestrate the strife in Syria because of its non-secterian (the baath party has nothing to do with shiaism) alliance with Iran, hezbollah.

Just over 10 years ago Turkey almost went to war with Syria because of Syria's support for the PKK, they did not like the idea of Syria meddling in their internal affairs, but look at the video i posted and you will see how unjustly the kurds in Turkey are being treated, and now the Turkish regime for no other reason than hypocricy and secterianism, are allowing th FSA to operate from Turkey to launch attacks against the current syrian regime.

You do not need to inform me about the plight of Kurds in Turkey (I've been to Turkey several times) I also am not defending Turkey's treatment of them nor am I denying it exists.

My question to you is why can't you acknowledge that there is political oppression against dissent in Syria by the regime currently in place?

So far you have avoided it and will not respond to this point, despite the thread being specifically about Syria and not Turkey or the United Arab Emirates.

3670oy.jpg

You do not need to inform me about the plight of Kurds in Turkey (I've been to Turkey several times) I also am not defending Turkey's treatment of them nor am I denying it exists.

My question to you is why can't you acknowledge that there is political oppression against dissent in Syria by the regime currently in place?

So far you have avoided it and will not respond to this point, despite the thread being specifically about Syria and not Turkey or the United Arab Emirates.

3670oy.jpg

Bashar al Assad has acted qickly even by western standards to implemented reforms and offered elections on changeing the constitution, Bashar has also opologised about the mistakes that occured by the regime and promised to hold those that commited these mistakes accountable, now if Bashar himself has admited the regime made mistakes then why am i even needed to answer your "dramatic" question.

BTW: i don't claim to know everything thats why i put my faith in those i trust, my stance is the same side as Syed Hassan Nasrallah and Ayatulah syed Khameni on this issue. I simply dont trust anything else.

No, im not going to start judgeing the whole regime on the actions of a few...until i see Bashar himsellf apear in videos like this, as Saddam used to himself, then i won't endorse the content of these videos as official regime crimes.

Plus the video i posted should at least give you the impression that these videos we are watching on the crisis may actually be just for propaganda purposes..

Show me a video were Saddam appears torturing or killing people ? Also how about the Sedaya prison massacre in 08 were there is video of Bashar's brother taking pictures of the massacred prisnores.

Bashar al Assad has acted qickly even by western standards to implemented reforms and offered elections on changeing the constitution, Bashar has also opologised about the mistakes that occured by the regime and promised to hold those that commited these mistakes accountable, now if Bashar himself has admited the regime made mistakes then why am i even needed to answer your "dramatic" question.

Their is no change to the constitution Bashar will still be president until 2028 acording to the "reforms" and there was elections in syria in 07 and bashar won 96 % of the vote just like Saddam won 99 % when he ran in election or kim jong il won 99 % or Mubarak won more then 80 %,or Ben Ali who won 90 % the elections have to be without Basha, will that happpen ? And he acknowledge his mistakes while continuing to massacre people ?

BTW: i don't claim to know everything thats why i put my faith in those i trust, my stance is the same side as Syed Hassan Nasrallah and Ayatulah syed Khameni on this issue. I simply dont trust anything else.

Offering to make changes and reforms is the oldest trick in the book.. how many of these dictators have given lip service to this? And how many of these actual reforms substantial... it is well known that in pretty much the entire region (with the exception of Iran), the main political oppositionists are Islamist political parties, who if given a true democratic opportunity and for that matter, allowed to run as a party and not individuals.. they most likely would win.

Bashar even denied the usage of violence against the opposition... brazenly saying only a crazy man would do this.

I do not imply I know all that is going on there either... but it is well known Syria is one of the most brutal in terms of domestic dissent.. and this is before the whole Arab spring fiasco came to light.. it's secret police are far worse than Mubarak's cronies.

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is something posted elsewhere on this forum but it deserves reposted here;

Quoting someone I know on facebook:

November 20, 2011 at 6:22pm :

"...I would like to take the opportunity to make a few points I feel must be said even if it makes me unpopular.

Firstly appealing to my brothers and sisters in the Arab world (how proud we are of you, me even speaking as a non-arab) and those who take freedom of all peoples throughout the globe seriously. Those close to the Palestinian cause and are supporters of arab revolutions know things are not always cut and dry. In Libya we see how the UK wants it's pound of flesh for helping the Libyan people and indeed the more we allow these hegemonic forces to help our causes the more indebted to them we will feel, the more entitled they will be to dictate to us how they should be compensated and before we know it, we are beholden to these powers all over again! If I may speak plainly, this new Libyan government is very young still, but if they are going to deal with our enemies in the future then we need another peoples revolt and uproot them before they become cemented. Enough is enough!

My brothers and sisters, supporters of the Arab revolutions and the Palestinian cause, the truth as we all well know is that the current Syrian regime WAS THERE and an active supporter, an attendee of the conference held in Qatar during the inhumane Gaza-Massacre, I don't need to tell any supporter of the Palestinian people about dates, they know about what I am referring to and how firm Syria was against the Israel oppression. At the same time I don't sit here as any kind of cheerleader for the Bashar Al-Asad regime, I condemn all this violence in the strongest terms, but like I was saying our movements are being hijacked! They have found Israeli and American weapons in Homs, if you doubt believe me, you are welcome to research this fact. So I ask myself and I put the question to you; que bono? who does this conflict benefit? The Syrian people? Israel and America? Palestinians and Arab peoples?

If it's the Syrian people then why is the opposition groups unwilling to negotiate? We have all witnessed this whole issue unfold for months now, how many of us can enumerate a list of the Syrian peoples' grievances? If you have such a list can you supply it here?

If it's the US and Israel which is the most likely seeing that it is well known that Israel feels threatened by Syria's current policies. And as Clinton herself alluded to they no longer have any more interests in Syrian that they feel the need to protect (in effect saying they welcome revolution) This issue requires careful analysis.

If it's the Arab peoples? Have we forgotten that Syria took in millions of Iraqis when other of our so-called brother-countries in the middle-east left them in the cold?

If it's Palestinians you tell me how? The current Syrian administration is a staunch supporter of the Palestinian cause while the rebel groups have been found to using Israeli weapons against the government, forgive me if I don't see much promise there.

At the risk of putting anyone off, I will say one more thing that I learned as a Shi'a looking at the Iraq conflict, As Sadr said to Sistani a long time ago "We rather have Saddam than America" i.e we rather live under Saddam (The devil we know, who kills Sunnis, kurds, Shias and all that oppose him indiscriminately) than under America (the devil we don't know) who will divide us till we are fighting each other! Before we knew it they were building walls between Adhamiyyah and Khadhimiyyah! Divide and conquer. Now look at Iraq, I as a shi'a feel ashamed everyday of that the media refers to them as a 'Shia Administration' when they are the lap-dogs of our enemies, the enemies of the muslim world. May Allah cause a revolt there too insha'Allah that will bring about the unity of all Iraqis. What I learned from this is that if you give them an inch, they will take our hands! Bashar right now may just be the devil we know at the moment, but tomorrow can you imagine the devil we don't know? Our aim is to support the Syrian people but what if we may just be indirectly supporting the next Israeli proxy-government! Allah forbid.

In conclusion: My allegiance lies with the Syrian people and their legitimate grievances before Asad, but I would rather have Asad than to be disappointed YET AGAIN by the audacity of hype that when the dust has settled leaves me with yet another friend for Israel."

Later he said:

"The last time there was an "Arab Revolt" in history, it was also in the name of emancipating the arab world and to make them the masters of their own destiny, it serves our enemies well and helped for a speedy destruction of the once-great position of middle-easterners on the world stage. We have T.E Lawrence, Hempher and all our British friends to thank for that Then the Arabs tried Pan-Arabism and this served to humiliate the entire arab peoples in '67. Nationalism is great for the west, but it is the single most destructive force to threaten Islamic civilization. Islam at it's core is based on constitution of equality of all nationalities, colours, people, that is; all men/ women are equal under the worship of the One True God (This is Islam). So I have become a little more than disillusioned by the efforts of our Arab friends in their attempts to help themselves, they have time and time again been hussled by the west, still as we speak lessons haven't been learnt and 'exhibit A' is Libya."

Was-Salaam