Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Albert Einstein

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salaamun Alaikum & Ya Ali Madad,

Yesterday, we heard the following in a Majlis-e-Husain ASWS. Can any please share the whole story or give link, in this regard. JazakAllaah khair.

After researching on Shia belief, Albert Einstein became Shia before this death. He also wrote 40 letters to Ayatullaah Gulpaigani AR on this subject. After being Shia before this death, he wrote a book titled “Declaration” which was hide by jews of that time, and later that book was sold out at US$ 3 million.

Edited by Your-Best-Friend

• Veteran Member

As you can see the speaking person on the video is not Einstein himself, the gentleman is reading something that allegedly Einstein said, no proof is offered.

According to the video, what Einstein said was:

"When i see an insect landing on my paper, it is so complex, i feel something like... Allah is great!"

As far as I know Einstein's life and letters are all well researched and documented.

I don' believe he converted to any religion although he had a soft spot for Baruch Spinoza's Pantheism.

There is tons of information about Einstein on the web, just google.

ws.

• Advanced Member

Salam,

My translations aren't the best and definitely not 100% accurate however the first part of the video talks about scientific issues. From 2:35 onwards this is said which seems to have some significance with Islam:

Einstein didn’t give up on the search for the secret of life as he made steps in the cosmic and anatomic field. In 1947 *something about him having an illness or being ill* he wrote “I wonder myself if this unbelievably complex machinery will ever be functional” he felt how primitive our whole science is. In 1952, “If I calculate and see such a small insect that flew on my paper then I feel something like Allah is great and we are poor *something* with all our scientific knowledge".

I hope this helps.

Also if someone else understand German could you support or correct my translation, thanks.

Edited by Dawud1UK

• Advanced Member

(salam) (bismillah)

Interesting Fact:

Maulana Javed Jafri is currently doing a Ph.D and his topic of research is an Islamic scientists who allegedly discovered the theory of relativity centuries before Einstein.

As for Einstein here are some of his quotes below to give you an idea of his stance on religion.

Note: They are from a pro-atheist site so I am not too sure about their authenticity.

[1879-1955] German born American threoretical physicist

From a correspondence between Ensign Guy H. Raner and Albert Einstein in 1945 and 1949. Einstein responds to the accusation that he was converted by a Jesuit priest: "I have never talked to a Jesuit prest in my life. I am astonished by the audacity to tell such lies about me. From the viewpoint of a Jesuit priest I am, of course, and have always been an atheist." "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one.You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from religious indoctrination received in youth." Freethought Today, November 2004

"During the youthful period of mankind's spiritual evolution, human fantasy created gods in man's own image who, by the operations of their will were supposed to determine, or at any rate influence, the phenomenal world... The idea of God in the religions taught at present is a sublimation of that old conception of the gods. Its anthropomorphic character is shown, for instance, by the fact that men appeal to the Divine Being in prayers and plead for the fulfillment of their wishes... In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vase power in the hands of priests." Albert Einstein, reported in Science, Philosophy and Religion: A Symposium, edited by L. Bryson and

Edited by ShiaSoldier@2007

Yesterday, we heard the following in a Majlis-e-Husain ASWS. Can any please share the whole story or give link, in this regard. JazakAllaah khair.

After researching on Shia belief, Albert Einstein became Shia before this death. He also wrote 40 letters to Ayatullaah Gulpaigani AR on this subject. After being Shia before this death, he wrote a book titled “Declaration” which was hide by jews of that time, and later that book was sold out at US$ 3 million.

What a waste of time.

• Veteran Member

(bismillah) (wasalam)

Who was the speaker?

Einstein was a Deist and not a Pantheist.

• Veteran Member
(bismillah) (wasalam)

Who was the speaker?

Einstein was a Deist and not a Pantheist.

Yes, also from what I have heard, he was a Deist. For those who don't know about what a Deist is, it refers to people who believe that there was something which created us - a "God" - but they believe that this Creator does not interfere with the workings of the world and, therefore, reject religion.

Now, I find it interesting that he was a Deist, and thus believe that God does not interfere with the Universe, but at the same time has quotes such as "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind". After all, the obvious thing we can derive from the position that God does not interfere with this world is that He did NOT send any religion then why was he supporting religion in this quote?

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members
Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani : Albert Enstein was a Muslim Shia and fan of Imam Sadegh !

Ayatollah Mahdavi Kani Teaching on TV , the head of assembly of experts which is one the highest institution of Islamic Republic, said that Albert Enstein was a Muslim Shia and fan of Imam Sadegh . Reading Imam Sadegh articles , he noticed that his theory of relativity was claimed by Imams , long before him !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epLd9EE8B-g#t=26

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
On 2/17/2012 at 5:57 PM, Quisant said:

As you can see the speaking person on the video is not Einstein himself, the gentleman is reading something that allegedly Einstein said, no proof is offered.

According to the video, what Einstein said was:

"When i see an insect landing on my paper, it is so complex, i feel something like... Allah is great!"

As far as I know Einstein's life and letters are all well researched and documented.

I don' believe he converted to any religion although he had a soft spot for Baruch Spinoza's Pantheism.

There is tons of information about Einstein on the web, just google.

ws.

Just wow. Google is now more authenticated which ranks the most bias news channels on the top. Go get a life, I'm a bit harsh on losers.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
On 2/17/2012 at 11:52 AM, Your-Best-Friend said:

Firstly, It wasn't Ayatullah Gulpaigani AR but Grand Ayatullah and Marja e Alam (from 1946 to 1961) Ayatullah Muhammad Hussein Burujerdi. Many Clerics of the islamic republic claim this to be truth as all those letters that were recieved by Ayatullah Burujerdi were present in Iran. It took a long time to open this reality because of several reasons. Firstly, the political issues through that Iranians have faced after 1979. Secondly, they never had a proper media to prove it to the world as western media would never reveal this. One more important reason was to keep it as a secret. Albert Einstein wanted his conversion to be kept as a secret and therefore Ayatullah Burujerdi never told anyone about those letters. These letters were kept in london and were later sold to someone, i don't have much info about it.

• Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Zainuu said:

Firstly, It wasn't Ayatullah Gulpaigani AR but Grand Ayatullah and Marja e Alam (from 1946 to 1961) Ayatullah Muhammad Hussein Burujerdi. Many Clerics of the islamic republic claim this to be truth as all those letters that were recieved by Ayatullah Burujerdi were present in Iran. It took a long time to open this reality because of several reasons. Firstly, the political issues through that Iranians have faced after 1979. Secondly, they never had a proper media to prove it to the world as western media would never reveal this. One more important reason was to keep it as a secret. Albert Einstein wanted his conversion to be kept as a secret and therefore Ayatullah Burujerdi never told anyone about those letters. These letters were kept in london and were later sold to someone, i don't have much info about it.

:salam:

Seriously:

- why ayatollah Burujerdi to begin with? Any proof of physical encounter?

- had such letters been received by any ayatollah, they would have been kept in a museum

- who writes on a letter which he wants to keep as a secret

- why even keep it secret if you are the most briliant scientist of your era ?