Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sleep

Rate this topic

MadeehaBatool23

• Veteran Member

Wow i was just about to make the same thread =o i got 3 hours sleep last night and to my dismay i find myself wide awake at 1:20am again -.- ive tried massaging my feet, imagining an empty room, reading (well, reading SC) and im thinking of finding some sort of youtube vid next, ocean sounds, something like that. I'll let you know if anything helps.

Btw, i did read once that lettuce induces sleep, eating it or staring at it. Idont have any myself.

• Veteran Member

So its 6:40am, no sleep and i just caught myself listing types of sounds o.O (thud, clang, clatter, tinkle, snap, click, shuffle, rustle, slap etc) and describing them to myself. Ive heard of ppl losing their minds through lack of sleep so im putting mine on a short leash right now!

well if you hear creaking sounds under your bed you should be worried.

So you dont need help staying up? :shaytan:

'creak', thats another good one.

O help!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sleep-or-Die.jpg

This pic is from a blog in my signature. The blog post is called Sleep or Die. Good articles the brother has there, so please check it out.

If this pic looks small to you, I think you can click on it and it will enlarge. InshaAllah

(bismillah)

(salam)

Read a book, it should make you tired

(wasalam)

it shall make you bored** lol

But seriously, in my psychology class we learned that if you can't sleep, go to another room and sit down and don't do anything like watch tv but you can like read a book for about 15-30 min then go back to bed and try to sleep. This is a proven way to help you sleep.

Edited by Goku

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sleep-or-Die.jpg

This pic is from a blog in my signature. The blog post is called Sleep or Die. Good articles the brother has there, so please check it out.

If this pic looks small to you, I think you can click on it and it will enlarge. InshaAllah

Thank you so much bro, I also had the same problem of insomia. That really helped me out!

• Forum Administrators

Bro, she's a sister not a brother.

(bismillah)

(salam)

It's ok, I often get called brother. :P Some people use their cell phone to come to ShiaChat, and avatars on the cell phone screen are so little that they cannot see my pic of a hijabi sister. :)

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

It's ok, I often get called brother. :P Some people use their cell phone to come to ShiaChat, and avatars on the cell phone screen are so little that they cannot see my pic of a hijabi sister. :)

Oh I'm so sorry sis, I actually didn't see who posted that thought probably would be a brother, I'm extrely sorry! :$

(bismillah)

(salam)

It's ok, I often get called brother. :P Some people use their cell phone to come to ShiaChat

I can also get to know by your name! Actually my fault, I didn't see who posted that. No offence meant

Lol hameeda I can see your avatar clearly... Along with your name xD

Ahh was that to me??

Bro, she's a sister not a brother.

lol

• Forum Administrators

Oh I'm so sorry sis, I actually didn't see who posted that thought probably would be a brother, I'm extrely sorry! :$

I can also get to know by your name! Actually my fault, I didn't see who posted that. No offence meant

(bismillah)

(salam)

Don't worry. No problem at all. :) It's kind of a joke, somebody calls a girl "brother", then somebody says she's a sister. I had a brother call me brother and he was not new at ShiaChat! So it does happen, and we don't get upset too much.

Lol hameeda I can see your avatar clearly... Along with your name xD

Thank you, Sister. :waving salam to Sister 3laweyaZainabiya:

Ahh was that to me??

Sorry, she was talking to me. I think she was saying she could see my avatar on her phone clearly. :)

I think on some people's phones the screen is really tiny, like 30x40 mm, but her phone is good, Alhamdulillah!

LOL

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam)

She could see my avatar on her phone clearly.

Hahaha and by that she meant that she could see your avatar clearly on her phone and proved that it isn't the mobile's fault, it's the person (my) fault! Well returning to the topic, I still can't sleep at night I sleep after Fajr namaaz and wake up at 1.30pm and really feel exhausted throughout the day! Nothings helping me at all even tried pills but didn't work :-/

• Advanced Member

Hahaha and by that she meant that she could see your avatar clearly on her phone and proved that it isn't the mobile's fault, it's the person (my) fault! Well returning to the topic, I still can't sleep at night I sleep after Fajr namaaz and wake up at 1.30pm and really feel exhausted throughout the day! Nothings helping me at all even tried pills but didn't work :-/

Stay up after fajr, then the next night at like 9PM go to sleep and put your alarm on for fajr, and stay up after fajr everyday then your sleeping pattern should be fixed insha'Allah