Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
-Enlightened

Shiachat Memes! [OFFICIAL THREAD]

Rate this topic

Anybody see this one before:

1476195_702800693075724_1084220056_n_zps

one person commenting this actually said "that's not racism, only an ignorant Muslim"...if this story true the only ignorant person is the cab driver cuz if the customer Muslim or not when someone request the music down or any other request, cab drivers should obey you no matter what

...if this story true the only ignorant person is the cab driver cuz if the customer Muslim or not when someone request the music down or any other request, cab drivers should obey you no matter what

Cab driver is a businessman, not a slave. It is good business to accommodate your customer when practical, but if the customer was pushy or rude the driver was certainly within his rights to refuse to provide service. The days of "the customer is always right" are over.

Anybody see this one before:

1476195_702800693075724_1084220056_n_zps

one person commenting this actually said "that's not racism, only an ignorant Muslim"...if this story true the only ignorant person is the cab driver cuz if the customer Muslim or not when someone request the music down or any other request, cab drivers should obey you no matter what

I think the problem was in the way the Muslim explained, rather than the request itself. The taxi driver's reply - I am talking about only about what he said - was actually almost correct. In fact, we often use the same reasoning ourselves when trying to debate the more extreme and backward Muslims who argue a lot of things are Bid'ah simply because they didn't exist in the time of the Prophet and the most popular reply is "You're a Bid'ah yourself since you also didn't exist, then" or "Why use the internet, then, since that also didn't exist then" (most of these debates happen online so...). If he would have simply explained that music itself is haraam, I am sure most people would be far more understanding than this really illogical explanation. The cab driver, however, could also just bear the...lack of logic and move on. Both sides need to show more restraint, the cab driver for his rash reaction and you, as well, for complaining about him when he was mostly right and defending him simply because he is Muslim and we also believe that music is haraam. If the Imam had commanded us to fight a war today, if someone comes up and says "We are killing others because all non-Muslims, not matter what, are deserving of death", though he might be a Muslim and also complying with the wishes of the Imam, he would still wrong because his explanation is wrong - and that makes everything wrong.

"Stop this lechery and shamelessness"

mullahhypo_zpsa8e97db2.jpg

^ As they say, two wrongs don't make a right? Those two may be both wrong and in need of correction. I abhor hypocrites and mullahs much but at least the guy on the left has the moral decency not to put on a shameless or obscene public display. Mullah are vile no doubt but I don't see them in a "lock-and-key" position like a pair of dogs in the back of a car with a friend of opposite sex from their class on the canal road in Lahore, or displaying the sunnah of bill clinton and monica lewinski in a secluded bush in the model town park. The latter phenomenon is therefore equally if not more alarming for a normal person. And if my child is ever influenced or sees such a pair, heavens forbid, I will have no choice but to make an example for my kids to remember an example intense so it gets burnt along with the associated memory.

^ As they say, two wrongs don't make a right? Those two may be both wrong and in need of correction. I abhor hypocrites and mullahs much but at least the guy on the left has the moral decency not to put on a shameless or obscene public display. Mullah are vile no doubt but I don't see them in a "lock-and-key" position like a pair of dogs in the back of a car with a friend of opposite sex from their class on the canal road in Lahore, or displaying the sunnah of bill clinton and monica lewinski in a secluded bush in the model town park. The latter phenomenon is therefore equally if not more alarming for a normal person. And if my child is ever influenced or sees such a pair, heavens forbid, I will have no choice but to make an example for my kids to remember an example intense so it gets burnt along with the associated memory.

Indeed. Public amorous displays cannot be excused. People have to abide by the norms of the society and kissing and fondling in public is out of question in a socially conservative country, not only in Pak but everywhere in the world.

I think the meme is only making a point; the picture of the couple on the bench is exaggerated to highlight the mullah hypocrisy at singling out Valentine of all things to cry foul against immorality and shamelessness, when there are far more dangerous things that don't even muster a whimper. Besides, those who go out to break shops for selling valentine merchandise, or harass completely platonically behaving couples in cafes and gardens, who celebrate 'Haya Day' etc aren't really prompted by real scenes of public affection. They just burst forth from their homes to cause trouble.

Cab driver is a businessman, not a slave. It is good business to accommodate your customer when practical, but if the customer was pushy or rude the driver was certainly within his rights to refuse to provide service. The days of "the customer is always right" are over.

I think the problem was in the way the Muslim explained, rather than the request itself. The taxi driver's reply - I am talking about only about what he said - was actually almost correct. In fact, we often use the same reasoning ourselves when trying to debate the more extreme and backward Muslims who argue a lot of things are Bid'ah simply because they didn't exist in the time of the Prophet and the most popular reply is "You're a Bid'ah yourself since you also didn't exist, then" or "Why use the internet, then, since that also didn't exist then" (most of these debates happen online so...). If he would have simply explained that music itself is haraam, I am sure most people would be far more understanding than this really illogical explanation. The cab driver, however, could also just bear the...lack of logic and move on. Both sides need to show more restraint, the cab driver for his rash reaction and you, as well, for complaining about him when he was mostly right and defending him simply because he is Muslim and we also believe that music is haraam. If the Imam had commanded us to fight a war today, if someone comes up and says "We are killing others because all non-Muslims, not matter what, are deserving of death", though he might be a Muslim and also complying with the wishes of the Imam, he would still wrong because his explanation is wrong - and that makes everything wrong.

i see what u guys are saying...maybe the word "obey" was too strong but i couold not think of a different word then, what i meant was it does not matter what the religion of the passenger is but the cab driver has to be respectful to his passengers cuz they are the ones paying at the end of the day...perhaps if teh Muslim person said "can u turn off music cuz i have headache" that would make more sense. cab drivers in the middle east are so rude but i would not expect it from those in europe or the usa too. but i actually dont find the Muslim person rude or anything he was polite in fact, what annoyed me was the driver's attitude about his religion.

please excuse my choice of words im not good with descriptions in English

What Muslims were doing in 11nth Century.

mus-sciense_zpsd4d1e6db.jpg

In 21st century*

science-islam_zps65b06df1.jpg

* I know, I know, they have used the picture of current Saudi Grand Mufti instead of the late Bin Booze.

Edited by Marbles

1st three molvis follow the ideology of muhammad bin abdullah bin abdul wahab.

The iranian scholar you quoted is in fact an Ayatullah.He is also imam of jumma in tehran and very noble and brave person.

People around Prophet Lout (as) were destroyed.People of A'ad and Thamud were also destroyed by natural disasters.some of previous people were destroyed by earthquakes and rain of stone.

now we have to reject those accidents too?

Edited by AnaAmmar1

Speaking of the Ukraine Crisis...

You really gotta hand it to the Japanese for being able to turn something as critical as this international political event into a swooning contest... LOL

Natalia Poklonskaya: Internet swoons over 'battle-ready heroine' Crimean attorney general

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/internet-swoons-over-battleready-heroine-crimean-attorney-general-natalia-poklonskaya-9212474.html

Natalia Poklonskaya: Crimea’s ‘Gorgeous’ Attorney General Becomes Internet Sensation; Love-Struck Japanese Trigger Anime Fan Art Frenzy

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/544473/20140322/natalia-poklonskaya-anime-fan-art-viral-photos.htm

442401.jpg

442405.jpg

442407.jpg

I was like LOOOOOOOOL. But this isn't even the tip of the iceberg.

This one cracks me up the most! 

860.jpg

Edited by Praetorius

The pointy chin on the cartoon reminds me of the plastic surgery trends in South Korea (I went there recently).  It is very popular to have your chin done. Koreans have squarish faces so they have a longitudinal piece of their chin removed and the two sides are put together - giving a pointy chin look. Monthly appointments with dermatologists to remove any "blemish" (freckle?) or darkness are also the norm. Together with the make-the-eyes-big surgery - they really do look like cartoon characters in the flesh.