Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Khadim uz Zahra

Problem In Quoting

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

In The Name of Allah (SWT) , The Most Beneficent, The Most Merciful.

(salam) wa RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATOH.

I hope you are all in the best of health and, more importantly, the best of Imaan (faith).

So, I am recently experiencing a problem when quoting others' posts. When I quote, the spaces and the "skipping of the lines for paragraphs" is not shows while I would have them before. Can someone help me out?

May Allah (SWT) bless us all, our families and loved ones; guide us all to The Straight Path with His Perfect Guidance and may He, The Forgiver of Sins and The Oft-Forgiving, forgive all our sins for, verily, there is neither any refuge nor any respite for the sinners except in Allah (SWT) .

yes, exactly that. So, for example, if the post was

"My name is Khadim uz Zahra.

I have twenty posts on this forum,"

it would come as

My name is Khadim uz Zahra. I have twenty posts on this forum."

And, then, I have to add all the spaces myself. Of course, in a shorter post it is fine but when I have to quote people like Kingpomba who, literally, write long posts, then I have some problems.

Waalykumsalam wa RAHMATULLAHI WA BARAKATOH! :D

Thank you for your help, by the way! :D

Which browser are you using? Try with a difference browser and let know.

I even did that. I am using Google Chrome and it used to work alright before and it just started to act like this now.

I also tried Mozrilla Firefox and I had the same problem.

Since you are helping me out, I also have another problem. Many a times, I get this notifications that ___ (always a new name) has posted topic 2 and the person's profile is always that of a mod or admin. Can you also help me on this?

Not sure then why it is happening. Do you remember since when is this happening? and if you changed anything/setting etc. after which it is happening? We can wait and see if others have the same problem too.

As far as the notifications are concerned, can you show me the notification?

Edit: the person profile picture is always that of a mod or admin.

So, it will have a random name but the profile picture will always be that of an admin.

Like, for example, yesterday, at 5:59 PM, I got the notification "Directora posted topic 2". When I click on the "2", it just gives me an error saying "[#10340] We could not determine which topic you were trying to view".

Also, when I clicked on the name of the person, "Directora", the profile picture is different but on my notifications, it shows Basim Ali's profile picture. You see her profile here:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/user/88044-directora/

The profile pictures are always shuffling but they always belong to a mod or an admin.

So, tell me what you want - a screen shot or something? - and I will, Insha'Allah be sending one to you.

Thank you very, very much for giving me your time and helping me out! :D

Here is a screenshot of two notifications, as seen in my notifications log:

post-84169-0-99010300-1330208707_thumb.p

This is a screenshot of just one in detail:

post-84169-0-14724800-1330208725_thumb.p