Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Syrian Opposition Appeals To Israel For Help

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

Syrian Opposition Cleric Al-'Ar'our Appeals to Israel for Help in Treating Wounded Syrians

Following are excerpts from an interview with Syrian opposition cleric Sheik Adnan Al-'Ar'our, which aired on Al-Safa TV on February 10, 2012:

Interviewer: We've just received the news that Messi, the soccer player, donated money to treat 1,000 wounded [syrians]. This non-Arab player sent a clear message to the Arab League, which has not given money to treat a single wounded person so far.

Adnan Al-'Ar'our: Good people, this is shameful, by Allah. Good people, we don't want any weapons from you. All we want is for you to treat the wounded and open up your hospitals. Have your hearts become that cruel? Have you become such cowards? Open up your hospitals. Give us money to buy shrouds.

Good people, there is an unwritten law with regard to treating the wounded. I think we should even appeal to Israel. Maybe that would be easier. Perhaps they would give us… If it is possible, we appeal to them to treat the wounded.

Interviewer: But would the Syrian army allow the wounded safe passage through the Golan?

Adnan Al-'Ar'our: Not, it would not.

This Shaytan is the same guy who said that all Allawites should be killed and their bodies should be thrown to the dogs!!!!

• Veteran Member

Gotta love the heavily-loaded, implicative thread title.

You could have said "Syrian Cleric Appeals to Israel for Help"

I guess this one guy defines the entire opposition movement.

Besides, it seems as if there is a tinge of sarcasm or rhetoric here:

"I think we should even appeal to Israel. Maybe that would be easier. Perhaps they would give us… If it is possible, we appeal to them to treat the wounded."

They were clearly speaking about non-Arab support for the wounded, and he was being critical of the Arab world not helping as much as they should.

You have decided to take this as a literal appeal, which of course would be very absurd.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed
  • Veteran Member

Gotta love the heavily-loaded, implicative thread title.

You could have said "Syrian Cleric Appeals to Israel for Help"

I guess this one guy defines the entire opposition movement.

^This is how the opposition is, it is either this cleric or that cleric, or the alqaida movement in Arabia or the Salafus Saleheen in the lands of Shaam and all those crab!!!!!!

Besides, it seems as if there is a tinge of sarcasm or rhetoric here:

"I think we should even appeal to Israel. Maybe that would be easier. Perhaps they would give us… If it is possible, we appeal to them to treat the wounded."

They were clearly speaking about non-Arab support for the wounded, and he was being critical of the Arab world not helping as much as they should.

You have decided to taken this as a literal appeal, which of course would be very absurd.

LOOOOL

Look at this guy...!!!!!! Are you serious? This is how you want to put it?

NO, actually he meant to appeal to his mom, the word Israel was just a 'tinge of sarcasm'

Edited by Noah-
  • Veteran Member

LOOOOL

Look at this guy...!!!!!! Are you serious? This is how you want put it?

NO, actually he meant to appeal to his mom, the word Israel was just a 'tinge of sarcasm'

Yes. Hilarious.

Unfortunately I wasn't the only one who got that impression.

Seems like he is either being sarcastic or taunting the Syrian govt. Either way he should release a similiar piece in regards to Bahrain whose govt jailed & tortured Dr for helping the opposition

Noah

If you think that some dude is going to go on TV broadcasting in the Arab world and literally appeal to Israel you must be trippin.

They were literally speaking about Messi donating, and then he chastised "you good people" for not helping... then went onto saying we might as well ask Israel for help.

If you are an American however, I can somewhat understand if you are not familiar with sarcasm....

• Veteran Member

Yes. Hilarious.

Logic said that after reading your post possibly to make fun of you...

And of course the entire MEMRI group missed the point of the ignorant cleric and of those who will really take this as sarcasm!!!!

Yes. Hilarious.

Noah

If you think that some dude is going to go on TV broadcasting in the Arab world and literally appeal to Israel you must be trippin.

They were literally speaking about Messi donating, and then he chastised "you good people" for not helping... then went onto saying we might as well ask Israel for help.

If you are an American however, I can somewhat understand if you are not familiar with sarcasm....

No, that wasnt sarcasm, first they talked about Messi donating, then pointed out the arab league had not donated anything or helped in any tangible way the wounded, he was basically begging their help, saying about akhlaq values of common decency, he first made the comment about Israel as a way to shame the Arab League and make his point that they are desperate, but then he appeared to make an actual appeal to Israel and was actually serious. Whether in an attempt to show the desperation of the people in order to shame the Arab League or not but it was serious.

• Veteran Member

Logic said that after reading your post possibly to make fun of you...

And of course the entire MEMRI group missed the point of the ignorant cleric and of those who will really take this as sarcasm!!!!

As I said, I can only assume that you are from across the Atlantic, as sarcasm never really made it's impression there. They have a tendency of taking sarcasm as literal.

If you can't see that this was a sarcastic jibe, with the emphasis on "even" asking for Israel's help immediately after being critical of the Arab world, after a non-Arab has pledged support.. then I have nothing else to add to this thread.

Thread-Failed.gif?v0

No, that wasnt sarcasm, first they talked about Messi donating, then pointed out the arab league had not donated anything or helped in any tangible way the wounded, he was basically begging their help, saying about akhlaq values of common decency, he first made the comment about Israel as a way to shame the Arab League and make his point that they are desperate, but then he appeared to make an actual appeal to Israel and was actually serious. Whether in an attempt to show the desperation of the people in order to shame the Arab League or not but it was serious.

Refer to my previous post.

• Veteran Member

it wasn't sarcasm, it was an effort to shame the Arab League into aid. He wasn't cracking jokes man, he was trying to make them feel guilt and shame.

By adopting the method of sarcasm.

You have just demonstrated that your understanding of sarcasm as purely for entertainment or comedic effect proves why you should't be commenting on this thread.

Please both of you brush up on your sarcasm for heaven's sake.