Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Iran Sent Pink Drone To Obama

Rate this topic

velayat2011

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

It's not like President Obama is gonna play with it. Everything given to the president gets cataloged according to date, time, circumstances, whatever, and then it is put in a locked display case in a museum. However, since this pink drone would remind the people of the big fail, it will be kept locked in a drawer in the museum's storage area and will not be on display until sometime in the future, during a different administration, when they want to remind the people how bad Mr. Obama's administration was.

• Veteran Member

Hello,

It is interesting how different cultures view things differently. For example, many Americans view this as "Wow you can make a pink toy - wonderful. Now try making a real drone without copying Western technology."

It's no big deal to many Americans that Iran can produce a pink toy in the shape of a drone, nor is it considered being "owned" in American culture, except maybe to juveniles.

Anyways, I think the pink drone is cute, and would like to buy one... it would be lovely if one could put a pink ribbon on it which symoblizes the fight against breast cancer, sell them, and use the money to donate to scientists who are searching for a cure for breast cancer!

Although I don't condone war toys, I personally wouldn't mind buying one for my little niece, if it were for a good cause. She could use it as a plane for one of her tiny dolls or these tiny little pet toys that are popular right now. :)

Peace and God bless

• Advanced Member

Hello,

It is interesting how different cultures view things differently. For example, many Americans view this as "Wow you can make a pink toy - wonderful. Now try making a real drone without copying Western technology."

You seem quite bitter about Iran and the humiliation it causes the hegemonic US administration; from Iran's innocent quest for nuclear energy (other thread) to its justified confiscation of US weapons, you are angry. I can't help but notice that despite presenting yourself in the guise of a peace loving "true christian" with your sweet talk, the underlying objective seems to be the defence of american foreign policy, in a "holier than thou" attitude and one where "we are necessarily good and they necessarily evil".

As for "copying Western technology", believe me the US nor the West did it entirely of their own "white intelligence". Anyone involved in science and engineering in the West will agree that these institutions and organisations are teeming with ethnic brains of all ranks and levels.

America's most cherished accomplishment - the NASA space programmes - were borne of outsiders. I am talking about the infamous "Operation Paperclip" of course and the importation of Nazi scientists following WW2 to fecilitate until then inferior US technological efforts.

The cradles of human civilisation emerged from the East and the importance of Iran's history and civilisation to human progress are not denied by anyone. Give the Islamic Republic of Iran more time and I unequivocally guarantee you that it will rise to the very summit of human civilisation once again. About that there is absolutely no doubt. Islamic Iran's ill-wishers know this all too well - better than you and I - hence the full-fledged Western opposition to it. It really is that simple and there is no other reason. Only the deaf, dumb and blind will kowtow the media line on this issue.

It's no big deal to many Americans that Iran can produce a pink toy in the shape of a drone, nor is it considered being "owned" in American culture, except maybe to juveniles.

You evade the issue, perhaps out of embarassment for your government. Surely a true Christian american (barring the extremist kind) would only feel embarassement for acts of evil (i.e. intruding into Iran) not evil schemes that failed (i.e. Iran foiling US acts of evil). It's paradoxical how you can claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh) yet selective in your approach to good and evil.

Anyway, this is not about a pink toy. I remind you that the issue is one of Iran masterfully and gracefully ambushing the United States' most advanced technology without firing a single bullet. Believe me, the United States' own officials submit to the fact that they have been "owned", let alone the average american citizen.

Edited by Transient

• Veteran Member

You seem quite bitter about Iran and the humiliation it causes the hegemonic US administration;

Hello Transient,

I am not bitter about Iran. I have never been there, nor am planning on ever going there. My home is the USA, since I was born here and raised here in the USA. It does seem funny to me and to other Americans however, that some Iranian people think making a pink drone toy is somehow humiliating to the USA. It is obviously a difference in cultures.

from Iran's innocent quest for nuclear energy (other thread) to its justified confiscation of US weapons, you are angry.

I am not angry. I do think it is interesting however, how some Iranians express their bitterness against the USA, for various reasons, some of them being justified.

I can't help but notice that despite presenting yourself in the guise of a peace loving "true christian" with your sweet talk, the underlying objective seems to be the defence of american foreign policy, in a "holier than thou" attitude and one where "we are necessarily good and they necessarily evil".

Would you like to know who I am? If you want, we can be facebook friends, and you can see that I am indeed a follower of Jesus who strives to obey Jesus' teachings, including loving one's enemies. As for if you think I have a "holier than thou" attitude, that is between you and God.

As for "copying Western technology", believe me the US nor the West did it entirely of their own "white intelligence". Anyone involved in science and engineering in the West will agree that these institutions and organisations are teeming with ethnic brains of all ranks and levels.

Where did I say anything about "white intelligence" please?

America's most cherished accomplishment - the NASA space programmes - were borne of outsiders. I am talking about the infamous "Operation Paperclip" of course and the importation of Nazi scientists following WW2 to fecilitate until then inferior US technological efforts.

Could you please specify the names of the Nazi scientists?

The cradles of human civilisation emerged from the East and the importance of Iran's history and civilisation to human progress are not denied by anyone. Give the Islamic Republic of Iran more time and I unequivocally guarantee you that it will rise to the very summit of human civilisation once again. About that there is absolutely no doubt. Islamic Iran's ill-wishers know this all too well - better than you and I - hence the full-fledged Western opposition to it. It really is that simple and there is no other reason. Only the deaf, dumb and blind will kowtow the media line on this issue.

It does not take intelligence, maturity, or integrity to insult anyone. My question to you then is why have the Iranian scientists not been the ones to invent modern technology?

You evade the issue, perhaps out of embarassment for your government. Surely a true Christian american (barring the extremist kind) would only feel embarassement for acts of evil (i.e. intruding into Iran) not evil schemes that failed (i.e. Iran foiling US acts of evil). It's paradoxical how you can claim to be a follower of Jesus Christ (pbuh) yet selective in your approach to good and evil.

If you read my writings, you will understand that I have always been against invasions, including the invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and strictly adhere to the belief that Christians should have forgiven the 911 attacks, instead of following the trend for revenge in the USA, which was the "justifiable reason) for the invasions of Afghanistan.

Anyway, this is not about a pink toy. I remind you that the issue is one of Iran masterfully and gracefully ambushing the United States' most advanced technology without firing a single bullet. Believe me, the United States' own officials submit to the fact that they have been "owned", let alone the average american citizen.

Can the Iranian scientists invent a drone without copying the drone they captured?

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

Maybe this is about Iran "Iran masterfully and gracefully ambushing the United States' most advanced technology without firing a single bullet. Believe me, the United States' own officials submit to the fact that they have been "owned", let alone the average american citizen." as Transient said?

Why do you still ignore that and get bitter about the pink drone? The pink drone is not the point (it is symbolic (of the actual drone)). The classy defeat of one of America's most advanced weapons is.

Recommended reading: http://shiftfrequency.com/congress-approves-30000-spy-drones-over-america-as-us-police-state-tightens/

Drones can be bad, who knew? Maybe Christianlady will now pray that Iran never tries to develop the evil, evil drones now.

• Veteran Member

Too_a077de_3046735.jpg

Hello Proganda of the Deed,

Do you know if Muntadher al-Zaidi, the man who threw his shoes at former President Bush, is still in prison? I am glad that human rights activitists are trying to make sure that he is not tortured for what he did and that he is not punished severely for doing that. If an American did that to the Iranian President, what do you think would happen to him?

Peace and God bless you

Congress Clears U.S. Airspace For More Drones

February 10, 2012 | ISSUE 48•07

With a vote of 75 to 20 in the Senate, Congress approved a bill that will allow more drones, military and private, in U.S. airspace. What do you think?

·

I bet us Americans are much better at running from them than those whiny Afghans.

Nancy Holzman

Systems Analyst

·

It’s nice to see both parties come together to help America become the great nation James Cameron envisioned in Terminator.

Jonathan Baiza

Precipitator

·

I'd be a lot more worried about the potential loss of privacy if the Google Street View car hadn't already caught me passed out on my front lawn last year.

Eric Cicero

Unemployed

Hello Proganda of the Deed,

Do you know if Muntadher al-Zaidi, the man who threw his shoes at former President Bush, is still in prison? I am glad that human rights activitists are trying to make sure that he is not tortured for what he did and that he is not punished severely for doing that. If an American did that to the Iranian President, what do you think would happen to him?

Peace and God bless you

It's not the same thing. The only thing it could be roughly compared to would be if an American threw a shoe at the Iranian president in the US. In that case, I doubt much would happen to him.

Besides, you're missing the point entirely. The pink toy is amusing because America requested their drone back, so Iran 'gave it back'. That's the idea.

• Advanced Member

My favorite part was this:

"We decided to show that we can deal with this issue in a very friendly and peaceful manner and put it in the playful hands of the children of Iran to pursue a 'soft war' with Mr. Obama and the US. This was the aim of producing this aircraft," Hassan-pour concluded.

Well spoken!

I am glad that human rights activitists are trying to make sure that he is not tortured for what he did and that he is not punished severely for doing that

He was violently arrested and tortured:

see http://en.alkarama.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=164:iraq-muntadhar-al-zaidi-tortured-after-having-thrown-his-shoes-at-president-george-w-bush&catid=23:communiqu&Itemid=114

• Veteran Member

It's not the same thing. The only thing it could be roughly compared to would be if an American threw a shoe at the Iranian president in the US. In that case, I doubt much would happen to him.

Hello Mushu,

It is not courteous, so if an American did do something disrespectful like that, I would hope he would be punished with a fine or prison time.

Besides, you're missing the point entirely. The pink toy is amusing because America requested their drone back, so Iran 'gave it back'. That's the idea.

Thank you for explaining in a courteous way. I appreciate that. As far as I am concerned, Iran has the perfect right to keep the drone they captured. They denied the request to have it returned, understandably, but making a pink drone toy (which is something many factories in many countries can do if they wanted to) is not akin to returning a real drone. However, thanks for explaining why some Iranians find a pink toy drone amusing.

Peace and God bless you

• Veteran Member

Hello,

Anyways, I think the pink drone is cute, and would like to buy one... it would be lovely if one could put a pink ribbon on it which symoblizes the fight against breast cancer, sell them, and use the money to donate to scientists who are searching for a cure for breast cancer!

Although I don't condone war toys, I personally wouldn't mind buying one for my little niece, if it were for a good cause. She could use it as a plane for one of her tiny dolls or these tiny little pet toys that are popular right now. :)

Peace and God bless

Iran brought down an American "stealth drone" -- which supposedly was impossible to detect and attack, let alone hack.

President Obama asked for the drone back.

He got it back, in pink toy form.

That's why it's ownage; not the fact that Iran has produced the pink toy.

• Veteran Member

Iran brought down an American "stealth drone" -- which supposedly was impossible to detect and attack, let alone hack.

President Obama asked for the drone back.

He got it back, in pink toy form.

That's why it's ownage; not the fact that Iran has produced the pink toy.

Hello Baradar_Jackson,

Thank you to you and Mushu for explaining the Iranian side to this. Personally, I have no problem with Iran keeping the drone they caught. I don't think my country should have spy drones over there anyways, which is one of the reasons I really like Ron Paul for president.

I hope you understand that to many Americans who are not Iranian, we just think pink toy drone = no big deal. It's a child's toy, when in comparision to a real drone, you know what I mean? Now, if Iran sent to the USA an Iranian spy drone that was way superior to the American drone and all that without using American technology to create it, that would be a huge big deal, and in American mentality, would mean being "owned". A child's toy, however, does not begin to "own" in American mentality.

However, I agree with the Iranian government in refusing to give the real drone back. It shouldn't have been over there in the first place.

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

Hello Baradar_Jackson,

Thank you to you and Mushu for explaining the Iranian side to this. Personally, I have no problem with Iran keeping the drone they caught. I don't think my country should have spy drones over there anyways, which is one of the reasons I really like Ron Paul for president.

I hope you understand that to many Americans who are not Iranian, we just think pink toy drone = no big deal. It's a child's toy, when in comparision to a real drone, you know what I mean? Now, if Iran sent to the USA an Iranian spy drone that was way superior to the American drone and all that without using American technology to create it, that would be a huge big deal, and in American mentality, would mean being "owned". A child's toy, however, does not begin to "own" in American mentality.

However, I agree with the Iranian government in refusing to give the real drone back. It shouldn't have been over there in the first place.

Peace and God bless you

You're missing the point. It's not a show of technical advancement! It's a joke. It's like, say I stole your car, and then you asked for it back. I could say yeahh okay i'll give it back - but give you a toy car.

You're missing the point. It's not a show of technical advancement! It's a joke. It's like, say I stole your car, and then you asked for it back. I could say yeahh okay i'll give it back - but give you a toy car.

She's either blonde, or purposely avoiding the hidden agenda of the innuendo. It's universal 'ownage'. Christianlady should understand that the sarcasm isn't only specific to a certain demographic or geographic continent. Everyone with half a brain comprehends the underlying tone of sarcasm. Just because she didn't find it insulting, it doesn't mean other Americans didn't.

• Veteran Member

Hello Mushu,

USA leaders talk the language of technical advancement and competition, so sending the American president a little pink drone toy may be a cute little joke to some people, but is nothing to American leaders (as far as I know, they have not even bothered to mention the toy, even to acknowledge it or the joke... how I found out about it was on this forum... most of the American public could care less about Iran sending a toy copycatting a real drone)

What does make US leaders upset is that Iran has their real drone, and is studying it, possibly doing a reverse engineering of the real drone, which is understandable. Any society that captures advanced technology from another country would naturally keep it and study it. I understand perfectly well why Iran doesn't give it back, and I don't think Iran should give it back... the drone shouldn't have been in their territory, so they have every right to keep it.

As to some reactions from Americans who have learned about it, one thing they think is that the drone should have self-destructed. However, that idea doesn't fly with me because 1. innocent lives could be killed

and 2. how would a remote controlled drone know when it's changed hands (from American to Iranian or any other country?

When the US lost control of their drone, they lost control of it period. Why President Obama even asked for it back, I don't know. As an American saying goes "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers." That's what bugs the US government... they lost an expensive aircraft that they don't want Iran to copy. A juvenile joke is not what they are thinking about right now. It is possible that they could be thinking whether to do an air raid or something like that. I hope they don't, but knowing what my government has done in other countries, including killing an American Muslim in Yemen, I wouldn't put it past them. :(

Peace and God bless you

She's either blonde, or purposely avoiding the hidden agenda of the innuendo. It's universal 'ownage'. Christianlady should understand that the sarcasm isn't only specific to a certain demographic or geographic continent. Everyone with half a brain comprehends the underlying tone of sarcasm. Just because she didn't find it insulting, it doesn't mean other Americans didn't.

Hello,

What does your screenname mean in English, please?

Americans are diverse, with diverse hair colors (and hair dyes.) I am expressing what some Americans think. If you wish to see more of what some Americans (and people of other countries) think about this, feel free to read from others. Below some of what they think (with a range of opinions, from good for Iran to some very rude, unkind, and heartless comments.)

Peace and God bless you

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/iran-give-us-drone-back-toy-form/comments?type=story&id=15379182#.Tzo2GMo-cfo

"Where's the self destruct button?

player90247 Jan-24

Mark As Violation

RANDY KREIDER is wrong. It is a toyfactory that is producing the dronetoys, not the goverment of Iran. Why is this writer so far off, is he watching FoxNEWS again?

jam344553 Jan-18

Mark As Violation

Hey, you toss your plane over into my yard - finders keepers! There is absolutely nothing wrong with Iran's behavior in this matter. What a perfect response! Hope this makes the armchair warriors in Washington think twice before wasting more civilian and military lives trying to invade Iran for whatever made-up reason they concoct next. All those Iranians laughing at our wayward drone might not be so willing to roll over and play dead for us.

jwoolman5 Jan-18

Mark As Violation

Hmm, we goofed. Not only was it "important to make that request," but to also add "pretty please." Never too late for yet another try, President O!

FZ100 Jan-18

Mark As Violation

that's ironically funny! I'm currently mocking Iran with a mini-dead nuclear scientist doll!

Kalanon Jan-18

Mark As Violation

self destruct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rodymcody Jan-18

Mark As Violation

....Is this the same techno problem that lead to a smoke bomb being flung onto the white house lawn?

RP---STAR Jan-18

Mark As Violation

Yep but Gadaffi and Saddam didnt hack commadeer your drones to land where they want. The drone they have is in perfect shape not a scratch. How can they do that?Imaging what one could do with an attack drone if they could commandeer those too?A flashy lazer shows in the right spectrum and some infrared lazers point in the right directions, would that send systems in chaos? US should think again, it's used it's technology only on technology defiecient countries with great success. What happens when they try use this tech against a country with lot more understanding about the technology. I know a little of sensors and things. I wouldnt be so certain about Iran being like Iraq and Libya.Any way US lose there drone over a country spying, and some seem to think thats provocation for all out war.

Da Mad Scientist Jan-18

Mark As Violation

Panetta, how much of a fool are you? So if I throw a knife at you and miss and ask you for it back nicely, will you politely hand it over? You add to making the USA a laughing stock. Obama should have bombed the drone or sent Navy Seals in to destroy it. This is just another embarrassment for the USA from the Obama regime.

ryanra00 Jan-18

Mark As Violation

Can we PLEASE have the drone back? That's ok. Let them have their moment in the sun while they still have an intact Govt. Like Iraq did. Like Gaddafi did...These are the most insecure people on the planet. They are so insecure their women wear head to toe clothing so that nobody can see them. I just wish that our government didn't think it was uncivilized to do some trash talking every now and then. We should give them some [Edited Out] about the Persian's lackluster perfomance at the battle of Thermopylae. They are still embarrassed over that!

ctm8633 Jan-17

Mark As Violation

I have read on other news sites that the toy drone that will be sent to Obama is pink. How fitting. Great sense of humor, I must say.

littleleers Jan-17

Mark As Violation

We should fly over and dump thousands of folded paper planes on them.

devodude1 Jan-17

Mark As Violation

What can we do if we want it back bad enough?

devodude1 Jan-17

Mark As Violation

Maybe we arent as stupid as we look. Is it possible that we are simply giving adequate warnings to return it. Before it does blow? In the big picture, who really cares. These are all things designed to distract us from what is really important. Trust your heavenly father!!!

Gators745 Jan-17

Mark As Violation

@TCast1952;I don't think it was because of greed we didn't have a self-destruct on our drone; I think it was because this administration, and especially its leader are not all that smart. Oh, did I mention also spineless? Asking for it back as Maobaba did has to be the most stupid thing ever for a supposedly 'mighty nation'. Fools!

elihu32.2 Jan-17

Mark As Violation

Too bad we weren't smart enough to put a self destruct system in them in the event we lose radio contact. I guess it must have been cost prohibitive, once again greed wins.

TCast1952 Jan-17

Mark As Violation

Sounds more like yet another childish antic by people who should be acting like adults.

KsDevil Jan-17

Mark As Violation

One has to wonder whether the toy is worth as much as the real thing after the US Drone is now on tour around Tehran shopping malls, Kiddies get a ride for $2 and $4 for the retail replica.Mocks is a harsh word really. Caught spying like this cant get any more insulting.I pray to god everyday that USA will wake the hell up and get it's sensless government under control. It's embarrisng enough for poor citizens in the US to have to take advantage upon Venezuelan Aid for energy during winter.What's next? Another hunt for invisible WMD's? << Now thats technology.

Da Mad Scientist Jan-17

Mark As Violation

Lulz, One is wondering whether the toy is worth as much as the real thing now its been hacked and used a $2 kiddies ride at the Tehran main shopping mall.

Da Mad Scientist Jan-17

Mark As Violation

I'm sorry, but this is hilarious. Iran has a good sense of humour lmao

squallBK Jan-17

Mark As Violation

At least they have a sense of humor. Maybe there is hope.

Huskymiller Jan-17

Mark As Violation

The State Department could send a puppet in the likeness of Mostafa Ahmadi Roshan.

turtlemouth Jan-17

Mark As Violation

In their culture, it's their way of insulting the west by making it look small.

CajunW Jan-17

Mark As Violation

They're just toying with us.

rusyix Jan-17

Mark As Violation

Isn't that cute? We should mock them with a toy nuke.

frankblour Jan-17

Mark As Violation"

Edited by Christianlady

USA leaders talk the language of technical advancement and competition

This is unimpressive rhetoric.

sending the American president a little pink drone toy may be a cute little joke to some people

You either still don't understand this, or just playing dumb because it hurts so much. Either way: this was, again, a moral victory for Iran over the USA because it not only didn't get its drone back, but also was insulted by a little pink drone :)