Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
AlphaMale_ASAD

Religious Beliefs Poll!

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(salam)

Imams a.s. can control atoms.

This question is wrongly worded, I would say "Imaams a.s. by the will of Allah can control anything"

Wilayat al-Takweeni

I voted for this on the above premise only.

Disobeying or Not following khamanei is a sin.
It's ok to say a.s. after Khomeini name.

Ya Allah help and guide whoever votes for these two... na'udhubilah

They're just people, they don't even have the status of Abu Dhar (ra) who you don't say a.s. after.

Dua nade ali is not shirk.

I voted this, I believe it is not shirk.

Allah loves Imaam 'Ali (as) as one of His greatest creations, and surely Allah will love those who love 'Ali (as).

Seeking nearness to 'Ali (as) and desiring his intercession and desiring to shake his hand on Yawm e Qiyamat, is an act of submission to Allah SWT.

Anyone who misunderstands this has not appreciated the creation which Allah SWT sent to us and chose for us to follow and emulate and get close to Him through.

Saying Ya Ali without intention of Tuwassul is ok.

Just saying it is pointless, you have to know what you're saying and your intention has to be firm.

Saying "La ilaha ilallah" with intention of worshiping Satan is no good to you.

Brother, the questions aren't set out in a very good way, to be honest, and are all a bit random

- ''Imams a.s. can control atoms.'' Anything can happen, a better question would have been ''Do the imams (a) control every atom''

- ''Disobeying or Not following khamanei is a sin.'' ...- depends on what he is asking you to do, on certain thing it could be a sin, on others not

- ''It's ok to say a.s. after Khomeini name. '' I don't agree with this because it is taking it a bit far, but you see most imamis put (as) after the names of a non-ma'soom (Abbas,Zaynab) so, I don't think it is not allowed, but it could be a pointless blessing, if it is indeed reserved for the ma'soomeen

- ''Dua nade ali is not shirk.'' anyone who has read the lyrics to this poem should decide for themselves, but I think it is a given what the main reply will be, people equate this with the Qur'an

- '' Saying Ya Ali without intention of Tuwassul is ok. '' It's a bit like in the film 300 when they go around shouting ''this is sparta'' harmless, but the slogan of Ali (a) was Allahu Akbar

- ''I disagree with all the above. '' I agree with some not with others, as most people probably would

This question is wrongly worded, I would say "Imaams a.s. by the will of Allah can control anything"

Wilayat al-Takweeni

I voted for this on the above premise only.

Do you believe in this as a theory, as in 'it is possible for this to happen' or do you believe this is what is happening?

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Do you believe in this as a theory, as in 'it is possible for this to happen' or do you believe this is what is happening?

I agree with the following summary of Wilayat al-Takweeni:

“third group belongs to those who are on the true path; these are those who accept prophet and aimmah asws “slave of Allah” as per the logic of quran and sunnah; they (prophets and aimmah) have been given knowledge by Allah; and they are his caliphs; they have been created for the sake of guidance; they have wilayat-e-takwini on all possible acts; that is, they can interfere with things without even presence of natural resources

give vision to blind; cure to diseases; life to dead

time and space is no binding upon them; they are aware of the cause and time of their and others death;

but this all is given to them from Allah; and they do not have personal steadfastness in this regard

they are never forgetful of the remembrance of Allah; and can not even think of deviating from HIS path; they spend their lives as per the constitution of Allah even if they have to face loads of problems; they do not err in their acts even in minor terms

so in short, they have nothing of their own; but due of the greatness of Allah and his mercy; they are free in their actions; they can interfere due to wilayat tafeed ilahiya in possible acts;

http://wilayat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1235:wilayat-e-takwini-and-the-three-groups-opinion-of-Grand-Maraja-Syed-Hasan-Hujjat-Koh-Kamri&catid=37:aqaid

Ok, but do you believe the Imams (a) are acting upon this, or just that they could, if they wanted to?

Because in other threads you have said that when you say 'ya Ali' it is just to ask him to make du'a for you, but with many people, they are asking Ali (a) because Allah (swt) has given him (a) the power to answer supplications etc, the later must believe that Imam Ali (a) is constantly acting upon this 'Wilayat al-Takweeni'

they have wilayat-e-takwini on all possible acts; that is, they can interfere with things without even presence of natural resources

give vision to blind; cure to diseases; life to dead

And it is narrated from Zurarah that he said, I said to Imam al Sadiq (as): "Indeed a man from children of Abdullah ibn Saba professes by tafwidh." Said [imam] (as): "And what is tafwidh?" I said: "He says: Indeed Allah (swt) created Muhammad (pbuh) and Ali (as), then delegated the command to them, for creation, and to give rizq (sustenance), and to give life, and to give death." So [Imam (as)] said: "Enemy of Allah (swt) lied, when you go back to him then recite upon him these ayaat (verses) in Surah al Ra'd (Abdullah Yusuf Ali's translation): [Or do they assign to God partners who have created (anything) as He has created, so that the creation seemed to them similar? Say: "God is the Creator of all things: He is the One, the Supreme and Irresistible."] So I turned (went back) to (that) man, then informed him by what Imam al Sadiq (as) had said, so it (his reaction) was as if he had swallowed a stone or had become mute/dumb."

'Iteqadat by Shaikh Sadooq (ra), Page 97

http://realtashayyu....-and-ghulu.html

Edited by Ali_Hussain

Ok, but do you believe the Imams (a) are acting upon this, or just that they could, if they wanted to?

Because in other threads you have said that when you say 'ya Ali' it is just to ask him to make du'a for you, but with many people, they are asking Ali (a) because Allah (swt) has given him (a) the power to answer supplications etc, the later must believe that Imam Ali (a) is constantly acting upon this 'Wilayat al-Takweeni'

"Ya Ali, make Du'a for me, help me, I don't know what I need to do to become a better Mu'min, please give me the best du'a with your eloquence and knowledge which I can never hope to attain..."

Allah grants 'Ali (as) permission to hear and respond to us

'Ali (as) supplicates to Allah on behalf of myself because he knows what I need and I don't know, and Allah knows but I haven't asked, so 'Ali (as) is going to ask

Allah knows all of this before it happened

Allah accepts 'Ali's (as) du'a and I benefit from it.

If 'Ali (as) knows who his true followers are, then he knows who to make du'a for or not, he doesn't make du'a for someone who is destined for hell-fire, so Allah wouldn't deny him any du'a because he doesn't ask Allah except what Allah would already answer.

This is very deep and one cannot understand it without proper context, but with the context it is very logical and real.

Shah Waliyullah then proceeds to expand on the concept of Isma of the Ahl'ul bayt (as) yet further:

"And He is (Allah's) beloved, and whatever Allah has created was created for him. And when 'Isma is completed, all his actions become Haqq (true, correct). I do not say that his actions occur according to the Haqq: but (I say that) his actions are the Haqq (personified); rather, the Haqq is a thing which is reflected from those actions as the rays are (reflected) from the sun. And the messenger of Allah has pointed to this rank when he prayed to Allah Ta'ala about 'Ali, saying: "O Allah! turn the Haqq with him wherever he ('Ali) turns"; and he did not say: Turn him ('Ali) wherever the Haqq turns." At-Tafhimatu l-Iahiyah Volume 2 page 22

http://www.answering-ansar.org/answers/creed_of_shia_explained/en/chap6.php

You know the saying? "O Allah! turn the Haqq with him wherever he ('Ali) turns"

So 'Ali (as) isn't going to make a Du'a which Allah would reject.

So I may ask 'Ali (as) to make a Du'a for me, but that doesn't mean he makes it. But if he does, it can be very beneficial because of his position and knowledge.

Al-Kafi H 185, Ch. 20, h 8

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Muhammad ibn 'Abd al-Jabbar from ibn Faddal from Hammad ibn ‘Uthman from 'Abd al-‘Ala’ ibn A‘yan who has said the following. "Abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) would say, ‘I was born of the descendents of the holy Prophet (s.a.) while I knew the book of Allah wherein is the knowledge of how the world was first created and the knowledge of all that may come up to the Day of Judgement. Therein is the news of the heavens and the earth, the news of the Paradise and the Fire hell, the news of things of the past, those that will come into existence. I know all of these just as I can see in the palm of my hands. Allah says, "In it there is an explanation of everything.’"

And this following hadith here is so profound I cannot even explain it:

Al-Kafi H 635, Ch. 40, h 1

A number of our people has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from ‘Abdallah ibn al-Hajjal from Ahmad ibn ‘Umar al-Halabi from abu Basir who has said the following. "I went to abu ‘Abdallah (a.s.) and said, "May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, I like to ask you a question. Is there anyone else in this house who may hear my words?" The Imams (a.s.) then folded the curtain between his room and the other room next to it and looked into it. Then the Imams (a.s.) said, "O abu Muhammad, ask whatever you wish." I said, "May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, your followers say that the Messenger of Allah taught Ali (a.s.) a thousand chapter of knowledge and from each chapter there opens a thousand chapter. I then said, ‘This, I swear by Allah, is knowledge.’" He would mark the ground with his staff (a sign of thinking in normal people) for a while and said, "That is knowledge but it is not that." The narrators has said that The Imam (a.s.) then said, "O abu Muhammad, with us there is al-Jami‘a. What do they know what al-Jami‘ is?" I then asked, "May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, what is al-Jami‘a? The Imam (a.s.) said, it is a parchment seventy yards by the yards of the Messenger of Allah long that contains his dictations that is in graved in to with the right hand writing of Ali (a.s.). It contains all the lawful and unlawful and all matters that people need, even the law to of compensation for A number of our people has narrated from scratch caused to a person. He then stretched his hand to me and asked, ‘May I, O abu Muhammad?’ I then replied, "May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, I am all at your disposal." He pinched me with his hand and said, "Even there is the law of compensation for this." He seemed angry. The narrator has said, "I then said, "This, I swear by Allah is knowledge." The Imams (a.s.) said, "It certainly is knowledge but not that one."

The Imams (a.s.) remained silent for a while and then said, "With us there is al-Jafr (the parchment). What do they know what al-Jafr is? I then asked, "What is al-Jafr (the parchment or a container) ?" The Imams (a.s.) said, "It is a container made of skin that contains the knowledge of the prophets and the executors of their wills and the knowledge of the scholars in the past from the Israelites." The narrator has said that he then said, "This certainly, is the knowledge." The Imam (a.s.) said, "It certainly is knowledge but not that knowledge." The Imams (a.s.) remained silent for a while and then said, "With us there is the book (Mushaf) of Fatima, (a.s.). What do they know what Mushaf of Fatima is? The Imam (a.s.) said, "Mushaf of Fatima is three times bigger than your Quran. There is not even a single letter therein from your Quran." The narrator has said, "I then said, "This, I swear by Allah, is the knowledge." The Imam (a.s.) said, "This certainly is knowledge, but it is not that." The Imam (a.s.) remained silent for a while and then said, "With us there is the knowledge of whatever has been and the knowledge of whatever will come into being to the Day of Judgment." The narrator has said that he then said, "May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, this, I swear by Allah is, certainly, knowledge." The Imam (a.s.) said, "It certainly is knowledge but not that." The narrator has said that he then asked, "May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, What then is knowledge?" The Imam (a.s.) said, "Whatever takes place during the night and during the day, one matter after the other matter and one thing after the other thing to the Day of Judgment."

Salawat Muhammad wa alee Muhammad

Allahumma sullee 3la Muhammad wa alee Muhammad wa 3jal farajahum

Brother, you should specify that the above are your beliefs, there are no clear narrations that say what you are claiming, in fact based on a few of the others recent threads, the evidence is against these things you claim

"Ya Ali, make Du'a for me, help me, I don't know what I need to do to become a better Mu'min, please give me the best du'a with your eloquence and knowledge which I can never hope to attain..."

this is fine, you are just stating what you mean when you say 'ya ali'

Allah grants 'Ali (as) permission to hear and respond to us

this is your opinion, we know for a fact that our salaams are conveyed to Rasulallah (s), he doesn't hear them, and we know for a fact that our deeds are presented before Him (s) he doesn't see them. So whilst there are no narrations saying flat out that the Imams (a) are not all hearing, there are certainly not enough for you to claim the above is a fact

'Ali (as) supplicates to Allah on behalf of myself because he knows what I need and I don't know, and Allah knows but I haven't asked, so 'Ali (as) is going to ask

? again this is your belief, I don't know were you got it from that Imam Ali (a) knows your mind and what you need, when as I pointed out above, our Prophet (s) doesn't have that kind of knowledge, the Qur'an says that our Prophet (s) didn't know some of the hypocrites, so mind reading is not of the attributes of the ma'sumeen.

You know the saying? "O Allah! turn the Haqq with him wherever he ('Ali) turns"

So 'Ali (as) isn't going to make a Du'a which Allah would reject.

So I may ask 'Ali (as) to make a Du'a for me, but that doesn't mean he makes it. But if he does, it can be very beneficial because of his position and knowledge.

? this is like adding 2 + 2 + 2 and coming up with 8.5, unless you have clear proof for this, I don't know how you can come to these conclusions?

The narrator has said that he then asked, "May Allah take my soul in service for your cause, What then is knowledge?" The Imam (a.s.) said, "Whatever takes place during the night and during the day, one matter after the other matter and one thing after the other thing to the Day of Judgment."

? again you really think the Imams (a) knew every thing that would ever happen at any place? How could you even write all this down, this shows that much of the knowledge they had was inherited, so, if they did have all these magical powers, why write and keep al-jami' and al-jafr?

Your allowed to check multiple boxes u guys. And if obviously if u only believe in one, then u would check only one. The last box Is only for if u dnt believe in any of the previous boxes so u would have no box to check but that box. Dnt over complicate things.

Edited by Asadullabdallah

Snap.

P.s Why can't I see what other people have voted for?

Like specifically or u can't see poll results?

Anyone who thinks disobeying the rahbar is a sin, needs to find why the rahbar Is not Amir al mumineen. Anyone can disobey him because they don't have to obey him. Not a sin.

Imams controlling atoms and knowing their death? I disagree competely. No Hadith which for all I know has any reliability is gonna make me believe that. Hadiths are hadiths and not all hadith are legit.

Saying ya ali without intention of Tuwassul is shirk. They cannot help you without the permission of Allah swt. You should be calling on Allah swt permission for such a intercesssion to first initiate. Nade ali is plain shirk. Saying ya ali without intention of Tuwassul is shirk.

Beginning of dua Tuwassul:

O Allah, I beseech Thee, and turn towards Thee, through Thy Prophet, the Prophet of Mercy, Muhammad, may Allah Bless him and his Progeny, and grant them peace.

Where does it ask for any of the imams a.s. First? It doesn't. It addresses Allah swt first.

Now look at nade ali:

Call Ali, who is Manifestor of wonders, Thou shall surely find him helper in your difficulties, all grief and sorrow shall be removed. I submit my temporal wishes to Thee on whom I trust and always referred Thee to bestow fulfillment of temporal wishes.

Huge difference.

Brother, you should specify that the above are your beliefs, there are no clear narrations that say what you are claiming, in fact based on a few of the others recent threads, the evidence is against these things you claim

this is fine, you are just stating what you mean when you say 'ya ali'

this is your opinion, we know for a fact that our salaams are conveyed to Rasulallah (s), he doesn't hear them, and we know for a fact that our deeds are presented before Him (s) he doesn't see them. So whilst there are no narrations saying flat out that the Imams (a) are not all hearing, there are certainly not enough for you to claim the above is a fact

? again this is your belief, I don't know were you got it from that Imam Ali (a) knows your mind and what you need, when as I pointed out above, our Prophet (s) doesn't have that kind of knowledge, the Qur'an says that our Prophet (s) didn't know some of the hypocrites, so mind reading is not of the attributes of the ma'sumeen.

? this is like adding 2 + 2 + 2 and coming up with 8.5, unless you have clear proof for this, I don't know how you can come to these conclusions?

? again you really think the Imams (a) knew every thing that would ever happen at any place? How could you even write all this down, this shows that much of the knowledge they had was inherited, so, if they did have all these magical powers, why write and keep al-jami' and al-jafr?

The Imam (a.s.) said, "Whatever takes place during the night and during the day, one matter after the other matter and one thing after the other thing to the Day of Judgment."

This is clear is it not?

To the day of judgement means future as well as present as well as past.

Why are you limiting it when the Imaams (as) did not limit it in all of these words?

The Imam (a.s.) said, "Whatever takes place during the night and during the day, one matter after the other matter and one thing after the other thing to the Day of Judgment."

This is clear is it not?

To the day of judgement means future as well as present as well as past.

Why are you limiting it when the Imaams (as) did not limit it in all of these words?

Actually that isn't clear what so ever. U just took something and threw ur spin on it.

No I didn't.

The Imaam (as) is explaining that his knowledge is knowledge of all past, present, future, in his own words.

What spin?

The Qur'an says the Prophet (pbuh) didn't know everything about the past, present, and future.

Say: I do not say to you, I have with me the treasures of Allah, nor do I know the unseen, nor do I say to you that I am an angel; I do not follow aught save that which is revealed to me. Say: Are the blind and the seeing one alike? Do you not then reflect? [6:50]

Say: I do not control any benefit or harm for my own soul except as Allah please; and had I known the unseen I would have had much of good and no evil would have touched me; I am nothing but a warner and the giver of good news to a people who believe. [7:188]

And from among those who are round about you of the dwellers of the desert there are hypocrites, and from among the people of Medina (also); they are stubborn in hypocrisy; you do not know them; We know them; We will chastise them twice then shall they be turned back to a grievous chastisement [9:101]

Surely Allah is He with Whom is the knowledge of the hour, and He sends down the rain and He knows what is in the wombs; and no one knows what he shall earn on the morrow; and no one knows in what land he shall die; surely Allah is Knowing, Aware. [31:34]

Say: I am not the first of the messengers, and I do not know what will be done with me or with you: I do not follow anything but that which is revealed to me, and I am nothing but a plain warner. [46:9]

Say: I do not know whether that with which you are threatened be nigh or whether my Lord will appoint for it a term: [72:25]

And your companion is not gone mad. And of a truth he saw himself on the clear horizon. Nor of the unseen is he a tenacious concealer [81:22-24]

And we know the Imams (as) didn't know more than the knowledge passed down to them from the Prophet (pbuh).

Shaikh Kashi reported (in his Rijal Kashi) in a sahih (authentic) hadith from ibn al Mughirah that he said: I was with abi al Hasan (as) along with Yahya b. Abdullah b. al Hasan, so Yahya said: "May we be your ransom, indeed they believe that you know ghaib (unseen)?" So Imam (as) said: "Glory be to Allah! Glory be to Allah! Place your hand on my head, for by Allah there does not remain a hair on my body or head but that it is standing up*." Imam (as) then continued: "No! By Allah (swt) it is not but inheritance from the Prophet (pbuh).*"

And the Imams (as) denied knowing everything:

Shaikh Kashi reported in a sahih hadith from ibn abi Umair, from Shu'aib, from abi Baseer, who said: I said to abi Abdullah (as): "Indeed they claim!" Imam (as) asked: "And what do they claim?" I said: "They claim that you know (number of) drops of the rain, number of stars and leaves of trees, weight of what is in the seas and number of (particles of) sand." So Imam (as) raised his hand towards the sky and said: "Subhanallah! Subhanallah! No one knows all this except for Allah سبحانه وتعالى."

From al-Kafi:

Ahmad b. Muhammad from Muhammad b. al-Hasan from `Abbad b. Sulayman from Muhamamd b. Sulayman from his father from Sadir. He said: I, Abu Basir, Yahya the clothier and Dawud b. Kathir were in the assembly of Abu `Abdillah عليه السلام when he came out to us and he was angry. So when he got to his assembly he said: How astonishing for the groups that claim we know the ghayb. No one knows the ghayb except for Allah عزوجل. I had been occupied with striking my slave girl so-and-so, and she escaped from me and I did not know in which houses of the residence she was in.

Edited by Haydar Husayn

salam alaykom nade ali is said to be a poem, (from past shiachat )

Dawud just a logical observation not saying one should say it to khomeini or not. but why would it be wrong to say "upon him peace" on anyone, when we say salam alaykom as common greeting "peace upon yous" so is there a hadith or something that say only say Alayhi salam on ahlul bayt and the prophets (as). ?

Edited by Maitham

Ayat al-Kursi doesn't agree with your interpretation, Haydar

"they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills." 2:255

Haydar you're either Bakri in disguise, or severely twisted Batri, no Shi'a has your views on this subject, I'm shocked you quote these ayats with such little knowledge of Shi'a hadith and tafseer and the other ayats.

salam alaykom nade ali is said to be a poem, (from past shiachat )

Dawud just a logical observation not saying one should say it to khomeini or not. but why would it be wrong to say "upon him peace" on anyone, when we say salam alaykom as common greeting "peace upon yous" so is there a hadith or something that say only say Alayhi salam on ahlul bayt and the prophets (as). ?

Read this http://wilayat.net/i...ject&Itemid=101

It is common knowledge that (as) is reserved for Ma'soomeen only. The only reason people say it after Khomeini is because the jahils believe he was Ma'soom.

Edited by Dawud Miqdad al-Amriki

Haydar you're either Bakri in disguise, or severely twisted Batri, no Shi'a has your views on this subject, I'm shocked you quote these ayats with such little knowledge of Shi'a hadith and tafseer and the other ayats.

Read this http://wilayat.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1087:Alaihi-Salam-Delivering-A-Crushing-Blow-to-al-Hindi-al-Nasibi-s-Envy-and-Bi-da&catid=94:Imam-Ali-bin-Abi-Talib-%28as%29-Project&Itemid=101

Pretty obvious from the other ayats that Allah swt didn't permit it. stop putting a spin on things.

How does this prove anything? Some Shias seem to be under the impression that just because it is possible for Allah to allow the Prophet (pbuh) and the Imams (as) do something, then that means He actually does allow it.

Masha'Allah, once again we have a demonstration of the incredible intelligence and akhlaq of the followers of Yassir al-Habib.

Instead of talking nonsense about Shia tafsir, why don't you address the point that these ayats explictly say that the Prophet (pubh) didn't know certain things, and that there are many authentic Shia ahadith where the Imams (as) deny knowing the ghayb, or having complete knowledge of the past, present, and future.

As for any hadith that says otherwise, we are told to reject anything that goes against the Qur'an.

Read this http://wilayat.net/i...ject&Itemid=101

It is common knowledge that (as) is reserved for Ma'soomeen only. The only reason people say it after Khomeini is because the jahils believe he was Ma'soom.

but is there any shia hadith saying who to say alayhi salam on after they die and who to say RA upon?

How does this prove anything? Some Shias seem to be under the impression that just because it is possible for Allah to allow the Prophet (pbuh) and the Imams (as) do something, then that means He actually does allow it.

Masha'Allah, once again we have a demonstration of the incredible intelligence and akhlaq of the followers of Yassir al-Habib.

Instead of talking nonsense about Shia tafsir, why don't you address the point that these ayats explictly say that the Prophet (pubh) didn't know certain things, and that there are many authentic Shia ahadith where the Imams (as) deny knowing the ghayb, or having complete knowledge of the past, present, and future.

As for any hadith that says otherwise, we are told to reject anything that goes against the Qur'an.

Because Ma'soomeen (as) only know what they are given permission by Allah.

If Ma'soomeen (as) knew 100% all knowledge, they would be partners with Allah.

But they aren't.

So maybe they know 1% or 99% or 0.00000000000000000000000001%

Allah knows, we don't.

But whatever they know, it includes all that will happen in past, present, and future up to the day of judgement.

but is there any shia hadith saying who to say alayhi salam on after they die and who to say RA upon?

My Sheikh knows of some hadith I will bring inshallah

Because Ma'soomeen (as) only know what they are given permission by Allah.

If Ma'soomeen (as) knew 100% all knowledge, they would be partners with Allah.

But they aren't.

So maybe they know 1% or 99% or 0.00000000000000000000000001%

Allah knows, we don't.

But whatever they know, it includes all that will happen in past, present, and future up to the day of judgement.

This explanation makes no sense, and you still haven't dealt with the fact that what you claim is contradicted by the Quran and authentic ahadith.

I asked this a while ago, as I haven't seen any narrations where our Imams (a) say 'alayhi salaam' upon non infallibles. Even shaykh al-Mufeed (in the english translation of kitab al-irshad) just refers to Abbas ibn Ali and Zaynab bin Ali as Abbas and Zaynab. I have also seen him write 'Khadija may Allah be pleased with her' - so I'm thinking this is a practice (throwing alayhi salaam around) that was adopted by certain people and it caught on, but is not from the Imams (a) -though I could be wrong

http://www.shiachat....non-infallible/

Edited by Ali_Hussain

This explanation makes no sense, and you still haven't dealt with the fact that what you claim is contradicted by the Quran and authentic ahadith.

it doesn't contradict at all

you're saying if i have knowledge it contradicts Qur'an?

of course not!

so when Imams have more knowledge than us then the same logic applies.

this is in keeping with Qur'an and ahadith

Imam Khomeini was a man, not a Masoom, it is Haram to say (as) after his name, best thing would be radhi Allah anhoo, like you do for abu dhar and salman, and habib

And again Khamanai is not a Masoom, he is respectable, but not Masoom, so it won't be haraam, unless you do his taqleed

just an arabic clarification . (as) (a . s ) means '' Alayhi Alsalam'' which means '' May the peace be on them'' . We can wish peace to anyone .. Zainab was not an infallible, Abbas either , yet we put '' May the peace be on them'' after their names. ( a . s )

When someone dies we say ''RIP for 'REST IN PEACE'' .

In Brief, it is okay to add ''A.S'' after mentioning the name of Imam Khomeini , as we are only sending peace on him and his soul.

Imam Khomeini was a man, not a Masoom, it is Haram to say (as) after his name, best thing would be radhi Allah anhoo, like you do for abu dhar and salman, and habib

And again Khamanai is not a Masoom, he is respectable, but not Masoom, so it won't be haraam, unless you do his taqleed

like i said .. zainab and abbass weren't masoom either, but we say (as) on them. . but don't take me wrong , i am not comparing Imam khomeini to zainab or abbass.. i am just saying that AS does not apply for infallible people only .

Edited by Enlightened_x

just an arabic clarification . (as) (a . s ) means '' Alayhi Alsalam'' which means '' May the peace be on them'' . We can wish peace to anyone .. Zainab was not an infallible, Abbas either , yet we put '' May the peace be on them'' after their names. ( a . s )

When someone dies we say ''RIP for 'REST IN PEACE'' .

In Brief, it is okay to add ''A.S'' after mentioning the name of Imam Khomeini , as we are only sending peace on him and his soul.

like i said .. zainab and abbass weren't masoom either, but we say (as) on them. . but don't take me wrong , i am not comparing Imam khomeini to zainab or abbass.. i am just saying that AS does not apply for infallible people only .

I don't think it is haram or anything, but have you ever read a hadith where any of the Imams sent blessings upon them in this way? Even when they talk about the mother of Isa (a) they call her 'Maryam' and her status is higher than Abbas and Zaynab, also I've seen shaykh al-mufeed say: Khadija radiallahu anha.

Though I can't say that I have seen that many narrations when an imam talks about Abbas or Zaynab, but in certain books of history, english versions at least -Kitab Maqtal al-Husayn and Kitab al-irshad, they are just Abbas and Zaynab. I have seen several narrations a Ma'suma of Qum, and the Imam did not say: 'alayha salaam' after her name.

So I'm not really convinced, but it could just be that I haven't come across many actual narration where they are mentioned

In regards to the votes 8, 2, 2, 10, 10, and 7 for options 1 to 6, respectively, a chi-square analysis for goodness of fit shown that these results are inconclusive or statistically insignificant at the 5% alpha. Prehaps we need more votes.