Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

'cardboard Khomeini' Right Or Wrong?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Oh look, it is the Basiji and IRGC representative on ShiaChat. Sorry man, I swear I won't spike my hair anymore.

It was a funny comment related to Star Wars...what's wrong with laughing about it.

Ahsant akhi,

I'm just looking to lighten the mood around here with some intellectually honest observations (which may or may not cause a smile).

I have no sinister motivations, unless innocent smiles, babies, butterflies (not their effects), and rainbows are to be considered sinister.

• Advanced Member

When two people start liking each other, means these two people walk on the same path, either by faith, or politically.

So do you support the tyrants in Syria like Khamenei?

Do you support Wahdat al Wujud like Khomeini?

Do you support being able to kiss/touch/derive satisfaction from your infant bride (without any penetration) like Khomeini allows?

Cardboard Khomeini & Jedi Khamenei await your response.

Do you support being able to kiss/touch/derive satisfaction from your infant bride (without any penetration) like Khomeini allows?

Cardboard Khomeini & Jedi Khamenei await your response.

Sheikh Yasser Habeeb taught you the hatred didn't he.

Well as you know, following a ignorant person who is put to create Fitna, is a creation to followers that end up like you.

• Advanced Member

Sheikh Yasser Habeeb taught you the hatred didn't he.

Well as you know, following a ignorant person who is put to create Fitna, is a creation to followers that end up like you.

(salam)

I apologize if you have ever perceived hatred from me, wallahi I have no hatred for you.

My questions are genuine, without any hatred involved akhi. The "cardboard cutout" and "jedi" comments are just humor, because you literally have a Jedi style photoshop of Khamenei, and that literally is a Cardboard cutout of Khomeini. I didn't make them, nor did I post them. I hope you understand now.

I'd appreciate if you answered the questions I posed, as they are serious questions. If you're confused about any of the questions let me know and I'll explain in detail with references, but I suspect you already know, so please let me know what your responses are.

(salam)

I apologize if you have ever perceived hatred from me, wallahi I have no hatred for you.

My questions are genuine, without any hatred involved akhi. The "cardboard cutout" and "jedi" comments are just humor, because you literally have a Jedi style photoshop of Khamenei, and that literally is a Cardboard cutout of Khomeini. I didn't make them, nor did I post them. I hope you understand now.

I'd appreciate if you answered the questions I posed, as they are serious questions. If you're confused about any of the questions let me know and I'll explain in detail with references, but I suspect you already know, so please let me know what your responses are.

The last question you asked isn't even right. People like Salafists and people who hate Imam Khomeini percieve it in a wrong way.

• Advanced Member

I can't believe that Iran went ahead with cardboard khomeini affer being warned by their officials not to do it. I am reading this news here

Former President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani is among the more high-profile critics. On February 4, during a meeting of the Expediency Council, he warned that cardboard cutouts of Khomeini could be abused by "the enemies" of the Islamic republic he founded.

Within Iran, he said, according to Deutsche Welle, state bodies should refrain from organizing "injudicious and weak" programs featuring the cardboard Khomeini. They exhibited a lack of taste, he said.

A number of Iranian politicians and lawmakers have criticized such events as "distasteful," "damaging," and "regretful."

Among them is lawmaker Mohammad Reza Tabesh, who has said the display of Khomeini's cardboard cutout is offensive to supporters of the Islamic Revolution and Khomeini.

'A Warning To The Revolution'

Khomeini's grandson, Hojatoleslam Morteza Eshraghi, has gone so far as to demand an apology from those who organized events featuring cardboard images of his grandfather.

Iranian media have also weighed in. The "Mardomsalari" newspaper wrote that events suggesting that all that remains of Khomeini and his aides is a mock-up should be taken as a warning to the revolution.

Iran's state television said in a report that those who were behind the idea should be stopped, " or else the problem is going to get serious."

more http://www.rferl.org/content/irans_cardboard_khomeini_faces_criticism_condemnation/24476398.html

• Forum Administrators

(bismillah)

(salam)

The cardboard cutout of Imam was an idea that the people wanted to do. Those in charge did it and made it happen. Sitting the cardboard Imam on a pillow showed respect for Imam RA. I'm sure Iranians didn't think it was funny. It was endearing. He is their Imam and they love him. What's wrong with that? Nothing wrong with it, in an innocent mind. Will this happen next year? No, because people jumped in and made photoshop pics of Imam RA in inappropriate places like Disneyland and Bollywood. If you get bored looking at the blog pics linked to the Radio Free Europe Radio Liberty news article in Post #1, you can find the facebook page with obscene comments, too. There's always somebody willing to make mockery where it wasn't necessary.

• Forum Administrators

"Sitting the cardboard Imam on a pillow showed respect for Imam RA"

Should we assume the card board picture is in a place of honor now,perhaps buried in a grave?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Satyban, I always try to be positive about your messages, but that sounded sinister. I have always wondered why you would be so negative on a website where you are a guest and you already have the word ban in your user ID. take care

(bismillah)

(salam)

Satyban, I always try to be positive about your messages, but that sounded sinister. I have always wondered why you would be so negative on a website where you are a guest and you already have the word ban in your user ID. take care

(bismillah)

(salam)

What a fork tongued comment. My point is that it is a piece of cardboard and very temporary by nature so placing it on a pillow to show respect to it is just plain silly because it can't feel so, how do you continue to show respect to it? You can't put it in the trash now can you, so what do you do with it?

BTW your name has the word HAM in it. Satyaban is one of my names not something I made up. How about yours Ham?

Edited by satyaban

• Forum Administrators

My point is that it is a piece of cardboard and very temporary by nature so placing it on a pillow to show respect to it is just plain silly because it can't feel so, how do you continue to show respect to it? You can't put it in the trash now can you, so what do you do with it?

BTW your name has the word HAM in it. Satyaban is one of my names not something I made up. How about yours Ham?

(bismillah)

(salam)

Sorry, man. I thought satyaban was a nick, you didn't CAPITALIZE it like it was your real name. Please forgive. Now I know why you called me Ham in another topic. I couldn't figure it out. :lol:

The cardboard wouldn't be trashed or put in a grave. It would simply be stored somewhere as a well intentioned innocent idea that fell flat.