Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Al-Hussayni

Valentines Day

Rate this topic

(salam)

What is the Islamic ruling on celebrating valentines day? Is it allowed? Is it haraam? Is it kufr? Is it Bidah? Is it ok as long as you stay within boundaries? What are the limits and boundaries etc.?

If you can, then please give clear elaborated answers to clear these types of issues that face all Muslims today.

JazakAllah Khair

(wasalam)

(salam)

What is the Islamic ruling on celebrating valentines day? Is it allowed? Is it haraam? Is it kufr? Is it Bidah? Is it ok as long as you stay within boundaries? What are the limits and boundaries etc.?

If you can, then please give clear elaborated answers to clear these types of issues that face all Muslims today.

JazakAllah Khair

(wasalam)

Salam Alaykum

It's funny how out of all things, we go into such detail for things such as this. Look at the questions we are raising. There are far more better things to worry about than celebrating a day where you give your husband or wife a present. What's wrong with that? Not that I've checked, nor am I going to even bother - but I doubt there's going to be an Islamic ruling that forbids one from buying another a present. Rule out the fact that it's "Valentines Day" and think about it. What's the difference? The only boundaries I can think of is the fact that it should be your husband or wife and not your 'boyfriend or girlfriend' that you are celebrating it with.

Valentine's Day is an artificial, hollow holiday created to increase the consumption of roses and heart-shaped-box chocolates...

... but it's a bidah that I accept, for Zaveri's sake. :wub:

Edited by baradar_jackson

Celebrating valentine day is haram.because islam denounce free mixing between between opposite sexes(non mahram).doing this haram will lead to more haram & if astagfar is not done during this life.then it will lead to hell.

Celebrating valentine day is haram.because islam denounce free mixing between between opposite sexes(non mahram).doing this haram will lead to more haram & if astagfar is not done during this life.then it will lead to hell.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I think the OP meant a man and woman who are in a halaal relationship

(wasalam)

I am strongly against it. Its nasty foreign culture, and we must practice tabarra from the foreign devils. If we start to adopt Western culture bit by bit, we will just be colonized by them. And our children will not have the willpower to resist. And our destiny will be slavery.

Edited by titumir

Consult your marja'a and look for evidence.

Do you know what Valentine's day is?

Saint Valentine...

We as Shi'a have enough of our own events to commemorate, mourn, celebrate...

Do you celebrate Christmas and Haunika and Easter and Passover and Yom Kipur?

Just curious.

Valentine's Day is another Christian holiday turned into a big corporate advertisement for lingerie, jewelries, and other frivolous consumer goods.

Edited by Saintly_Jinn23

I'd like to see some HONEST feedback from guys who are actually married (which counts out about 99% of you).. seeing as many Muslim women, especially even practising ones in the West would be pissed the frick awwwwwwf if you came back on that day empty handed when they KNOW other girls are being romanced and spoilt and what not.

The Muslim countries are by no means not exempt, where it is commonly known as Eid ul 7ub in the Mid-East. If anything they are more into it than the Muslims in the West in many cases - you see the gift shops all packed and busy with all these teddy bears and cutsey stuff wrapped up. Saudi Arabia has a black market of red roses for that occasion with extortionate prices.

Girls will be girls, no matter what race or culture or civilization.

It just seems most vocal criticisms on this thread are from these types:

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Tomorrow, the 14th of February, is such a huge day for me and so many others.

The passion, the love, the moment.........the Champions League knockout stages are going to be incredible.

Edited by Replicant

Jab beti chokhat per aa jaye

Aur izzat ka biyopaar karay

Jab baap ki izzat kho jaye

Jab bhai ko tanay miltay hon

Jab behno kay dil jaltay hon

Jab maaon ki nazrein jhuk jaye

Jab saans labon per ruk jaye

Jab sharam-o-haya ka aamiza

Jab ek kanwari dosheeza

Jab baysharami ko apna ley

Jab khud ko zillat mein dhaalay

Jab ghair kay seenay lag jaye

Aur apna aap ganwa aaye

Tou aisi halat ko logon

Tum Valentine kehtay ho

Jab beti chokhat per aa jaye

Aur izzat ka biyopaar karay

Jab baap ki izzat kho jaye

Jab bhai ko tanay miltay hon

Jab behno kay dil jaltay hon

Jab maaon ki nazrein jhuk jaye

Jab saans labon per ruk jaye

Jab sharam-o-haya ka aamiza

Jab ek kanwari dosheeza

Jab baysharami ko apna ley

Jab khud ko zillat mein dhaalay

Jab ghair kay seenay lag jaye

Aur apna aap ganwa aaye

Tou aisi halat ko logon

Tum Valentine kehtay ho

true

I am strongly against it. Its nasty foreign culture, and we must practice tabarra from the foreign devils. If we start to adopt Western culture bit by bit, we will just be colonized by them. And our children will not have the willpower to resist. And our destiny will be slavery.

Bring out your hate, bring out your hate.

Valentine's Day is an artificial, hollow holiday created to increase the consumption of roses and heart-shaped-box chocolates...

Hello Baradar_Jackson,

My husband completely agrees with you on the above point. No chocolate for me. :( No roses :( No gifts :( No cards :(

But, my husband works hard to provide for me :) allows me to buy flowers and even though I like roses a lot, I love tulips!!! :) gives me whatever I ask for within reason :) and expresses his love to me everyday :) So, Valentine's day isn't needed, I have learned. :)

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

I got an absolute grilling from the Mrs for the lack of valentine's celebration from my end. Even though we were going out for a meal, but the lack of flowers, chocs, etc infuriated the Mrs. No doubt I lack the romance, but I don't do valentines - rather against its practise. According to wiki, it's banned in several Islamic countries including Iran.