Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
-Enlightened

Ya Mahdi Adrikni

Rate this topic

well according to haydar husayn, what this man did was shirk as he called to other than Allah (aj).

But Enlightened, I would also call Ya Mahdi Adrikni, he is my wali as appointed by Allah (aj).

Guest Mushu

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is a true story that happened in 1980 in Iraq . As you may all know, Iraq was ruled by Saddam at that time and he was oppressing people to gain superiority . The army of Saddam caught several people who opposed them and their cruel views for the sake of justice and put them in jail (prison) .

There was a man (whom I have his name) that was in prison for over a year . Each night, the army of saddam came and visited each person in prison to hit them on their back with a hard stick for 100 times that the effect would remain.. Each night ,the same routine happened and the man would always supplicate and call ''Ya Mahdi Adrikni''. . He wondered why the Imam never answers his call .

One night, during his dream , he had the chance of meeting Imam Mahdi . The man asked him '' O Imam , why is it that when I call upon you for help , you never answer ?'' And the Imam said ''How many times do they hit you ?'' The man said ''100 times !'' and the Imam said '' how many marks of stick do you have on your back?'' The man replied '' a few.. 9 or 10 '' . The imam said ''Who do you think took the 90 others ? '' .. The Imam then turned and showed his back to the man .. The huge painful marks appeared ..

Lesson : Even though we may not realize it, The Imam helps us when we call him .. and I'm sure that he expects a return from us such as a prayer for him to hasten his reappearance .

That's beautiful Enlightened, thank you for sharing :)

well according to haydar husayn, what this man did was shirk as he called to other than Allah (aj).

But Enlightened, I would also call Ya Mahdi Adrikni, he is my wali as appointed by Allah (aj).

I think that haydar husayn may be wrong in this context ..because as you said , he is appointed by Allah.

Similarly to when I have a final math exam.. I call my teacher for help ..and of course, if the teacher is out of the classroom , I would cry and call for him even more ...Allah won't give me the answer , he will only give me guidance

( i don't do that , but just an example for our brother Haydar..)

Salam.

Great..

Thanks for sharing..

قال : حدثنا أحمد بن عبد الجبار ، قال : حدثنا بشر بن بكر ، عن محمد بن إسحاق ، عن مشيخته

قال لما رجع علي بن أبي طالب من احد ناول فاطمة سيفه ،

وقال أفاطم هاك السيف غيــر ذميـم * فلست بــرعديـد ولا بلئيــم

لعمري لقد أعذرت في نصر أحمد * ومرضــاة رب للعبــاد رحيــم

قال : وسمع في يوم احد وقد هاجت ريح عاصف كلام هاتف يهتف وهو يقول

لا سيـــف إلا ذو الفقــار * ولا فـــتـــى إلا عـلــي

وإذا نــدبتـــم هالـكــا * فــابكوا الوفي أخـــا الوفي

Mohammad bin Is'haaq narrates from his scholars, who said:

When Ali ibn Abi Taleb returned from Ohud, he gave his sword to Fatema (sa) and read this poem:

"O Fatema (sa)! Take my sword, the sword that is not disgraced. I am not frightened nor am I a villain. I swear that I worked hard to support Ahmad (saww) and to please the Merciful lord of the slaves."

On the day of Ohud when it was very windy, people heard a voice that recited this poem:

"There is no sword except Zulfiqar, and there is no man except Ali.

When you need help, cry out the name of the loyal one, and the (name of the) brother of the loyal one."

[source: Amali - Sheikh Toosi 1:142 / Basharatul Mustafa Le Shiyat e Murtuza Ch.11 Hadees.13]

http://www.yasoob.com/books/htm1/m013/11/no1186.html

(bismillah)

(salam)

This is a true story that happened in 1980 in Iraq . As you may all know, Iraq was ruled by Saddam at that time and he was oppressing people to gain superiority . The army of Saddam caught several people who opposed them and their cruel views for the sake of justice and put them in jail (prison) .

There was a man (whom I have his name) that was in prison for over a year . Each night, the army of saddam came and visited each person in prison to hit them on their back with a hard stick for 100 times that the effect would remain.. Each night ,the same routine happened and the man would always supplicate and call ''Ya Mahdi Adrikni''. . He wondered why the Imam never answers his call .

One night, during his dream , he had the chance of meeting Imam Mahdi . The man asked him '' O Imam , why is it that when I call upon you for help , you never answer ?'' And the Imam said ''How many times do they hit you ?'' The man said ''100 times !'' and the Imam said '' how many marks of stick do you have on your back?'' The man replied '' a few.. 9 or 10 '' . The imam said ''Who do you think took the 90 others ? '' .. The Imam then turned and showed his back to the man .. The huge painful marks appeared ..

Lesson : Even though we may not realize it, The Imam helps us when we call him .. and I'm sure that he expects a return from us such as a prayer for him to hasten his reappearance .

(wasalam)

So when you say 'ya (name of an imam)' are you expecting the Imam to come and help you himself, as in the story, or is it Allah has allowed the Imam to come and help you, or are you asking the Imam to make du'a for you?

For me, this story has just made this whole thing even harder to understand, or to believe.

Everyone claims saying 'ya ali' is tawassul, and you can even see quotes from from advocates of this (over the last day or two) where they criticise those who think that the Imam is going to do anything other than supplicate to Allah on your behalf. Is this form of help unique to Imam Mahdi (a) or can you expect this from all the Imams (a)

the Imam said '' how many marks of stick do you have on your back?'' The man replied '' a few.. 9 or 10 ''

Did Saddam provide mirrors in his cells so that the prisoners could look fresh before the next torture session? How could he see his back? If you have been tortured and only have 9 or 10 marks on your back, and you are not thanking Allah (swt) you are an ingrate. You hear stories from people who get attacked by a group of people and they come out of it with few marks on them, and even if these people, who don't believe in God, will say 'thank God I made it out without serious injuries' or at the very least they thank their lucky stars. Why would someone with such weak faith after such a miracle be blessed with a visit from the Imam عليه السلام?

The more I re-read the story the more full of holes it becomes, every day for a year?

Each night, the army of saddam came and visited each person in prison to hit them on their back with a hard stick for 100 times that the effect would remain.. Each night

And he doesn't know Allah is with him?

And when your Lord made it known: If you are grateful, I would certainly give to you more, and if you are ungrateful, My chastisement is truly severe. (14:7)

I'm sorry, I'm not saying that Imam Mahdi (a) can't help certain people in certain circumstances, but first of all, those who are blessed with getting his help wouldn't talk about it, secondly, this story doesn't make too much sense (on many levels), as, for one, it hasn't been established that Rasulullah (s) could hear from affar, and take the pain of punishment in someones places. (and also some of the other points I made)

I hope you don't take offence from this, but the only way you can look at this and not ask questions is if you don't want to.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

(bismillah)

(salam)

I would like to add to what Ali_Hussain said [Not saying I agree with all his points]

One night, during his dream , he had the chance of meeting Imam Mahdi . The man asked him '' O Imam , why is it that when I call upon you for help , you never answer ?'' And the Imam said ''How many times do they hit you ?'' The man said ''100 times !'' and the Imam said '' how many marks of stick do you have on your back?'' The man replied '' a few.. 9 or 10 '' . The imam said ''Who do you think took the 90 others ? '' .. The Imam then turned and showed his back to the man .. The huge painful marks appeared

So he was hit 100 times, felt the pain of 100 times, but was only marked 9 or 10 times.

And then Imam Mahdi (atfs) had 90 of the marks on his back?

So that means either the man was hit 100 times plus Imam Mahdi was hit 90 times which wouldn't make sense.

Or the man was hit 10 times but felt the pain of 100 times, and Imam Mahdi was hit 90 times, I don't see how he has been helped if he still feels the pain all 100 times

I also do not mean to offend you, however I agree with Ali in the sense that the story does not add up. If I have offended you then please forgive me.

(wasalam)

Edited by Shia_Debater

I would be very sceptical about any story to do with visits from Imam Mahdi (as). Most likely these stories are just created in order to convince ordinary Shias that the scholars have some kind of connection with him, and as a whole are guided by him.

(bismillah)

(salam)

I would like to add to what Ali_Hussain said [Not saying I agree with all his points]

So he was hit 100 times, felt the pain of 100 times, but was only marked 9 or 10 times.

So that means either the man was hit 100 times plus Imam Mahdi was hit 90 times which wouldn't make sense.

Or the man was hit 10 times but felt the pain of 100 times, and Imam Mahdi was hit 90 times, I don't see how he has been helped if he still feels the pain all 100 times

I also do not mean to offend you, however I agree with Ali in the sense that the story does not add up. If I have offended you then please forgive me.

(wasalam)

(salam)

As you may know , i'm not the best one in english here..it is difficult for me to use specific proper words . Let me rephrase it.

The man was hit 100 times , felt the pain 100 times ..after the pain ,there's always a red effect on the skin.. and there was 9 or 10 ''Rayures'' (french word ..plz google it lol...if you can't , i'll get you a pic.. i think it would be ''scratch'')

And then , the man was expecting to get some help (such as, to escape from jail) ..he thought he wasn't receiving any although he called ''Ya Mahdi Adrikni'' several times.. so the Imam came to his dream and said '' I am carrying the rest of your ''scratch'' '' This is how the Imam helps .

I would be very sceptical about any story to do with visits from Imam Mahdi (as). Most likely these stories are just created in order to convince ordinary Shias that the scholars have some kind of connection with him, and as a whole are guided by him.

well..believe it or not .. i have seen imam mahdi 2 times in my dreams . .. they don't just visit scholars ...they visit anyone who is ready to sacrifice their lives for them .

well..believe it or not .. i have seen imam mahdi 2 times in my dreams . .. they don't just visit scholars ...they visit anyone who is ready to sacrifice their lives for them .

Seeing him in a dream isn't the same thing as having him visit you while you are awake.

And let's face it, if you spend a considerable amount of your time thinking about Imam Mahdi (as), there is a good chance you are going to dream about him, just as if you spend a lot of time thinking about anything else. I'm not sure how much it proves.

(wasalam)

So when you say 'ya (name of an imam)' are you expecting the Imam to come and help you himself, as in the story, or is it Allah has allowed the Imam to come and help you, or are you asking the Imam to make du'a for you?

All these answers are right . Allah works in mysterious ways.

For me, this story has just made this whole thing even harder to understand, or to believe.

Everyone claims saying 'ya ali' is tawassul, and you can even see quotes from from advocates of this (over the last day or two) where they criticise those who think that the Imam is going to do anything other than supplicate to Allah on your behalf. Is this form of help unique to Imam Mahdi (a) or can you expect this from all the Imams (a)

it's from all the imams.

Did Saddam provide mirrors in his cells so that the prisoners could look fresh before the next torture session? How could he see his back? If you have been tortured and only have 9 or 10 marks on your back, and you are not thanking Allah (swt) you are an ingrate. You hear stories from people who get attacked by a group of people and they come out of it with few marks on them, and even if these people, who don't believe in God, will say 'thank God I made it out without serious injuries' or at the very least they thank their lucky stars. Why would someone with such weak faith after such a miracle be blessed with a visit from the Imam عليه السلام?

No but there was more than 1 person in a room prison . For example , my own father was put in jail for 7 years (he is a medical doctor by the way .. just to show that they put educated men in prison) ..and he was with 6 or 7 other people in a small room . They could ask the others to count the number of marks behind the back.

And of course they thanked Allah . My father never complains .

And this person was not stuck with a weak faith after having the blessed visit from the Imam .

The more I re-read the story the more full of holes it becomes, every day for a year?

yes every day they used to have different kind of tortures .

And he doesn't know Allah is with him?

It's not easy to be patient .. just imagine saddam knocking to your door and putting you to jail because you refused to join his cruel army . ..your family doesn't know where you are, you have a life and kids... but it's either jail or either they kill you .

i mean you may think it's easy ,but just go and experience it

I'm sorry, I'm not saying that Imam Mahdi (a) can't help certain people in certain circumstances, but first of all, those who are blessed with getting his help wouldn't talk about it, secondly, this story doesn't make too much sense (on many levels), as, for one, it hasn't been established that Rasulullah (s) could hear from affar, and take the pain of punishment in someones places. (and also some of the other points I made)

The man said this story for a purpose.. After hearing this story from the man , Many people have realized that the Imam DOES answer our call ..and it is OUR turn to answer his own call back . this story proves that Imam Mahdi is doing a lot for us ,and it shouldn't be kept secret ..not everything from the imam is kept secret ,otherwise people won't learn

I hope you don't take offence from this, but the only way you can look at this and not ask questions is if you don't want to.

The prophet said ''Knowledge is a door and it's key are questions'' .. Keep asking brother .

^_^

Seeing him in a dream isn't the same thing as having him visit you while you are awake.

And let's face it, if you spend a considerable amount of your time thinking about Imam Mahdi (as), there is a good chance you are going to dream about him, just as if you spend a lot of time thinking about anything else. I'm not sure how much it proves.

Seeing him in a dream is the same thing as having him visit you while you are wake. (not in all cases..but in the case of the story , it is)

Call sistani for more info .

Edited by Enlightened_x

Guest Mushu

A dream which has one of the Imams in it is always true. Right?

A dream which has one of the Imams in it is always true. Right?

I doubt it, but maybe there are some ahadith I am not aware of. However, considering your dreams often reflect what you are preoccupied with while you are awake, I would find it strange if that was true. That's not to say you can't receive authentic visits from the Imam (as), but I would be surprised if every such dream is authentic.

I doubt it, but maybe there are some ahadith I am not aware of. However, considering your dreams often reflect what you are preoccupied with while you are awake, I would find it strange if that was true. That's not to say you can't receive authentic visits from the Imam (as), but I would be surprised if every such dream is authentic.

From what I have heard shaytaan [la] cannot imitate the Prophet [saww] or A'immah [as] therefore if they visit you in a dream then it really is them.

With that said I have also heard that they have to declare that it is them, it isn't enough to just have a dream and 'sense' that it is Imam Ali [as] or Imam Mahdi [atfs] etc..

Hayder, If someone has a 'religious' dream they usually know straight away. I doubt Enlight would mention it if she didn't believe so.

Hayder, If someone has a 'religious' dream they usually know straight away. I doubt Enlight would mention it if she didn't believe so.

I'm not making a judgement on whether her dreams were authentic or not. All I'm saying is in itself, it proves nothing.

Christians often report not just dreams, but visions of Jesus. It's unlikely they are all lying, and they would certain say those dreams and visions were 'religious'. I'm sure the same would be true for other religions as well.

bismihi ta`ala

@ sister enlightened x

''All these answers are right . Allah works in mysterious ways.''

''it's from all the imams.''

Sister, your version of what tawassul is is different from many other peoples, you are actually calling on the Imam himself, and you hope and believe that in some way the Imam is going to come to help you. I'm not saying you think the Imam has any power seperate from Allah, but you really believe all the Imams are with us, looking on at us, and have the ability to interfere with our daily lives in a physical way.

Can you bring any concrete proof for any of this apart from it is what you believe?

They could ask the others to count the number of marks behind the back.

And of course they thanked Allah . My father never complains .

And this person was not stuck with a weak faith after having the blessed visit from the Imam .

And none of these people thought there was anything odd about this one person amongst them being tortured everyday for a year and having so few marks? And of course he wouldn't have weak faith after seeing the Imam, my point was - this man is getting tortured, he has very few marks on his body, even his cells mates can attest to this as he asked them to count the marks on his back (or else how would he know the number?). Even after all that this man is sitting around wondering why Imam Mahdi (a) didn't help him,

He wondered why the Imam never answers his call .

then when he meets the Imam

''O Imam , why is it that when I call upon you for help , you never answer ?''

Really there is no way for me to comment on this with being insultingly sarcastic.

In you op you said

Each night, the army of saddam came and visited each person in prison to hit them on their back with a hard stick for 100 times that the effect would remain.. Each night ,the same routine happened and the man would always supplicate and call ''Ya Mahdi Adrikni''.

then when asked about this you said:

yes every day they used to have different kind of tortures .

So which one was it? Was it only when the man got hit really hard on the back that the Imam took 90% of the pain and marks, or was it every different type of torture?

The man said this story for a purpose.. After hearing this story from the man , Many people have realized that the Imam DOES answer our call ..and it is OUR turn to answer his own call back . this story proves that Imam Mahdi is doing a lot for us ,and it shouldn't be kept secret ..not everything from the imam is kept secret ,otherwise people won't learn

No one is denying our deeds are presented before the Imam (in what form it is hard to know) but either way, in some capacity, we know that is what occurres.

The Imam has also left us guidance in his words, it's just that in most cases, people think they know better, for example, Imam says do taqiyya, ithna asharies of pakistan, do not heed his words, then hold a big juloos, then wahhabis blow some people up, people die, if they had followed the words of our Imam, this would not have happened. But there are other examples.

Yes, the man did tell this story for a purpose, maybe to bring the level of faith of the listners up a notch or two, but I'm sorry, the story doesn't make any sense, even you have had to chage little details to make it make a little sense, but either way, your father is a doctor, and he doesn't think there is any thing strange about this torture victim having so few marks? I can't imagine there is much to talk about in the cell, this topic must have at least come up, yet the man still had to ask why the Imam didn't come to help him, what about the help from Allah? Why was that not the first thing that came to his mind?

so then , why did you ask questions ?

The reason is because I read the story, it made little sense, then I scrolled down and read the comments and saw how many 'likes' it got, and honestly I was worried, people require such little proof to accept such a story, and they are going to go and narrate it as a sahih hadith. What makes it worse is most people are presented with clear verses from the Qur'an and ahadith of the ahl ul-bayt (a) and they dismiss them in favour of obscure and isolated narrations - or worse, they believe things because they want to, and in some way, religion would have less importance, or be less meaningful if they did follow the ahadith, rather than what they found their forefathers on.

I am not for a second implying you are lying, I'm sure this is a story you heard, and truely believe, but I just find it strange that people are so amazed and impressed by this, but not by the actual words of the Imams Úáíå ÇáÓáÇã.

This is the opinion of sayed Sistanis on such things are (I know it is about muharram but I think it can still be applied as that month should be a building block for the rest of the year)

3- Refrain from reporting anything concerning the Imams (a.s), that is unsubstantiated by witnesses and occurrence (during their time).

http://www.najaf.org/all/view.php?l=ENG&c=statement&i=011210

I'm sorry if my words were harsh or seemed sarcastic at times, that wasn't my intention, I swear before Allah that every thing I said was what I believe to be the truth, and my intentions were just to make people think twice before accepting every story they are told

(salam)

@ Enlightened_x

Until ppl have experienced one of these dreams for themselves its difficult to explain or convince them.

My question to you is, what did u learn from the Imam (atfs) from these dreams...if its not too prvate, then share some knowledge with us.

@ Enlightened_x

Until ppl have experienced one of these dreams for themselves its difficult to explain or convince them.

My question to you is, what did u learn from the Imam (atfs) from these dreams...if its not too prvate, then share some knowledge with us.

i saw him 2 times cause i asked him.

There was a message behind it..but it had nothing to do with the ummah .. it was simply a guidance for my life ..which path i have to take and all ..

so i don't think it would be beneficial if I explain them here :P

@Ali_hussain : you are going into the philosophy of WHY the man asked for help and HOW come he asks for help and .. no no no no .. avoid these .

Each thing in life has a purpose .

The purpose of this story was to receive a message from the imam ,saying that he answers our calls in various ways

(bismillah)

(salam)

(wasalam)

Who says you need to feel the pain of 100 lashes, to know there was 100 lashes?

Isn't the sound of the whip, enough to know that you're receiving a lash?

What on earth does this story have to do with scholars?

Who says you need to feel the pain of 100 lashes, to know there was 100 lashes?

Isn't the sound of the whip, enough to know that you're receiving a lash?

Well if you hear the whip but don't feel it you are going to think something strange is going on.

Why would the pain suddenly go away after 10 lashes?

Guest Mushu

Well if you hear the whip but don't feel it you are going to think something strange is going on.

Why would the pain suddenly go away after 10 lashes?

No you're misunderstanding.

He feels in pain, but when Imam al-Mahdi (as) shows him the other 90 lashes on HIS back, the man realises that he is only in fact feeling the pain of 10 lashes, and therefore feels guilty.

Geddit!?

No you're misunderstanding.

He feels in pain, but when Imam al-Mahdi (as) shows him the other 90 lashes on HIS back, the man realises that he is only in fact feeling the pain of 10 lashes, and therefore feels guilty.

Geddit!?

So he thinks he is feeling the pain of 100 lashes when in reality he was feeling the pain of 10 lashes?

So either way he still felt the same amount of pain?

I am not trying to say it is definitely wrong, maybe it is true Allah (swt) knows best, but the story doesn't seem to add up.

In any case I am not doubting about Enlight telling the truth.

For the dreams, it kind of comes into the question of where dreams come from in the first place. Are they transmissions from the other side, a sort of personal divine inspiration, a personalized internal "small p" prophet? Is it our unconscious mind, shouting up to us from the depths in personally significant, symbol laden code as described by Jung? Is it #1 through the medium of #2? Is it the imam (as) speaking to people in these dreams, or just one part of the the person's psyche speaking to the other, conscious part, wrapped in a symbolic image the believer finds personally significant and emotionally striking (and thus memorable?)

For the dreams, it kind of comes into the question of where dreams come from in the first place. Are they transmissions from the other side, a sort of personal divine inspiration, a personalized internal "small p" prophet? Is it our unconscious mind, shouting up to us from the depths in personally significant, symbol laden code as described by Jung? Is it #1 through the medium of #2? Is it the imam (as) speaking to people in these dreams, or just one part of the the person's psyche speaking to the other, conscious part, wrapped in a symbolic image the believer finds personally significant and emotionally striking (and thus memorable?)

There are some ahadith that mention that only dreams at certain parts of the night are true, but I don't really understand them to be honest.

15 – The venerable Shaykh Abu Ja`far Muhammad b. `Ali b. al Husain b. Musa b. Babuyeh al Qummi narrated to us. He said: My father رحمه الله narrated to us. He said: Sa`d b. `Abdullah narrated to us. He said: Ahmad and `Abdullah, sons of Muhammad b. `Isa, and Muhammad b. al Hasan narrated to us from al Hasan b. Mahbub from Muhammad b. al Qasim al Naufali. He said: I said to Abu `Abdillah al Sadiq عليه السلام: A believer sees a dream and it is (i.e. happens, takes place) as he had seen it. And sometimes he sees a dream but it is nothing (i.e. of no consequence)? So he said: Verily when the mu’min sleeps, there emerges an extended movement from his ruh (i.e. part of the ruh travels), ascending towards the heaven. So whatever the ruh of the mu’min sees in the kingdom of the heaven in the place of (Divine) decree and regulation, it is haqq. And whatever he sees on the earth, then they are confused dreams. So I said to him: Does the ruh rise towards the heaven? He said: Yes. I said: Until there remains nothing of it in the body? So he said: No, were all of it to leave until there remained nothing of it, he would certainly be dead. I said: So how does it leave? He said: Verily you see the sun in the sky in its place and its light and its ray on the earth; similary the source of the ruh is in the body and its movement, extended, towards the heaven.

16 – My father رحمه الله narrated to us. He said: Sa`d b. `Abdullah narrated to us. He said: Ya`qub b. Yazid narrated to us. He said: One of our companions narrated to me from Zakariyya b. Yahya from Mu`awiyah b. `Ammar from Abu Ja`far. He said: When the servants sleep, their arwah exit towards the heaven. So what the ruh sees in the heaven, is haqq. And what it sees in the atmosphere, it is far from reality (confused/mixture of truth and falsehood). Now surely the arwah are enlisted soldiers (i.e. of an army). Then whichever of them gets acquainted with the other, it unites (with the other) and whichever of them rejects the other, it diverges (from the other). So when the ruh is in the heaven, it gets acquainted (with another) and it loathes (another, mutually). And when they are acquainted in the heaven, they are acquainted on earth and when they loathe each other in the heaven, they loathe each other on earth.

17 – My father رحمه الله narrated to us. He said: Sa`d b. `Abdullah narrated to us. He said: Muhammad b. al Husain b. Abu ‘l Khattab narrated to us from `Isa b. `Abdullah al `Alawi from his father `Abdullah b. Muhammad b. `Umar b. `Ali b. Abu Talib from his father from his grandfather from `Ali عليه السلام. He said: I asked RasulAllah صلى الله عليه وآله about the man who sleeps and then dreams. So sometimes it is haqq and sometimes it is batil (false). The Messenger of Allah صلى الله عليه وآله said: O `Ali! There is no servant who sleeps but that he is raised with his ruh towards the Lord of the worlds. So what he sees near the Lord of the worlds is the truth. Then when Allah, the Mighty, the Omnipotent orders with the return of his ruh to his body, the ruh is between the heaven and the earth. So what it sees (then) are confused dreams.

http://www.*******.org/hadiths/amali-al-saduq/twenty-ninth-assembly

Guest Mushu

So he thinks he is feeling the pain of 100 lashes when in reality he was feeling the pain of 10 lashes?

I am not trying to say it is definitely wrong, maybe it is true Allah (swt) knows best, but the story doesn't seem to add up.

No, he doesn't know any different. How would you know exactly how one hundred lashes feels in comparison to 10, unless you'd been lashed before.

It was a dream! Dreams are usually symbolic; Imam Mahdi (a) showed him that he's with him.. it hardly matters how many lashes he had on his back if he was shown that the Imam (a) felt his pain/empathised with him.. It's a beautiful dream masha'Allah and the only comfort a person like him could receive given the circumstances. :)

A part from the scholars, including sistani and others, Many people have been rescued and got their dua fulfilled because they did tawassul.

If not tawassul, the number of people who visit karbala each year would decrease.

Tawassul is also a miracle from Allah, as a proof that it's through ahlulbayt that we can receive guidance thus, they should be followed