Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
hamza1892

Combining Prayers

Rate this topic

salam ,

below thread's might help you, i pray them in different times,it is not a must that you combine them. and some marja's also insist on performing it with gaps, as it's mustahab as per their sayings.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/234992824-combining-prayers/page__fromsearch__1

http://www.revivingalislam.com/2011/06/combining-prayers.html

regards,

Salams 3laykum,

Why do we as shia combine our prayers?? is there any Quranic verses or hadith stating anything about combining prayers to this reasoning??

Thank you

Hamza

(wasalam)

We Shi'a obey the Qur'an first, and then any hadith which are not against Qur'an. The Prophet (pbuh) never told us to do anything which went against the Qur'an, and Allah SWT doesn't tell us something in the Qur'an just to leave us astray.

1. Salaat-al Fajr-DAWN PRAYER (24:58; 11:114).

2. Salaat-al Esha-EVENING PRAYER (24:58; 17:78; 11:114)

3. Salaat-al Wusta- MIDDLE PRAYER (2:238; 17:78)

This is something the Qur'an-only guys understand well. However they think it's only 3 prayers and not 5. We learn from hadith that it is 5 prayers, but at 3 intervals.

Fajr = first glimpse of sunlight until sunrise

Dhuhr = when the sun has reached its zenith (highest point) and is now descending until before Maghrib

Asr = anytime after Dhuhr but before Maghrib

Maghrib = when the rays of the sun have begin disappearing so that it is clear that twilight will begin soon, until midnight

Ishaa' = anytime after Maghrib, but before midnight

Even in the hadith of other schools of thought they have the Prophet (pbuh) praying Dhuhr and Asr together, and also Maghrib and Ishaa together...

Thank you for the verses.. A sunni told that your only supposed to combine your prayer when you travel... how would i respond??

never mind. I found the answer.. thank you everyone for your responds.. Please keep me in your duaa and help protect the teachings of Ahul bayt :)

Thank you for the verses.. A sunni told that your only supposed to combine your prayer when you travel... how would i respond??

never mind. I found the answer.. thank you everyone for your responds.. Please keep me in your duaa and help protect the teachings of Ahul bayt :)

Tell your Bakri friend to read this http://www.al-islam.org/nutshell/files/combine.pdf

Then tell him to add me on facebook and I'll be happy to discuss any topics he likes: http://www.facebook.com/dalamriki

Tell him I do not do Taqiyyah over the internet, nobody is threatening my life, I feel no need to do such, he can ask anything and I will respond with evidences.

Prayer timings according to the Qur'an

"Establish regular prayers at the Sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the recital of the Quran in the morning prayer; for the recital of the dawn is Witnessed.”

Qur'an 17:78

Therefore, Prayers times from the Qur’an are three, not five.

• Sun's Decline
  • Darkness of the Night
  • The Morning Prayer.

Sahih Muslim:

Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Messenger of Allah (s) combined the noon prayer with the afternoon prayer and the sunset prayer with the 'Isha' prayer in Medina without being in a state of danger or rainfall. And in the hadith transmitted by Waki' (the words are): “I said to Ibn 'Abbas: What prompted him to do that? He said: So that his (Prophet's) Ummah should not be put to (unnecessary) hardship.”

this tradition from the following Sunni sources:

• Sahih Muslim (English translation), Kitab al-Salat, Book 4, Chapter 100 Combination of prayers when one is resident, hadith no. 1520;
  • Jami al-Tirmidhi, volume 1, page 109, translated by Badee’ uz-Zaman, published by No’mani book store, Urdu bazaar Lahore.
  • Sunan Abi Daud, volume 1, page 490, Chapter: 'Combining of Salat', translated by Maulana Waheed uz-Zaman

Edited by Muntaqim Force

On 2/5/2012 at 12:31 AM, Guest Monad said:

Salam

Click here ----> Shia combine prayer

Click the links below, as you might need further info on various other aspects.

Link 1

Link 2

Thanks For The Links Brother! Salaam :)

@monad

Edited by Hameedeh
Tag