Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Posted Images

• Moderators

We are having halal beef sausage and potatoes with peppers and onions, roasted. I've never made it before, but it smells really good. And I'm getting good at cooking with only cast iron skillets and a pyrex bowl and no spices.

• Veteran Member

I ate some Lebanese food, 27 courses of appetizers, 23 of the was some form of hummus. Dessert was hummus crackers with hummus tea.

Then i went to this iraqi place, all i got was a bell pepper on a plate, he said it's the national dish.

I ended up going to the good old trustworthy Desi place where they serve you Tandoori chicken that will burn for 5 days straight.

In one evening? wow, what a pro

• Veteran Member

(salam)

My littlest sister had a baby this past weekend.  So all the women are helping her, checking on her, and bring her lots of food.

So she tells me: eat some of this before it goes to waste. She tells me this for 3 days in a row. I obliged each time.

Finally, last night I asked, "Do your girls friends hate me?"

"No, why?" she asked.

"Because the food tastes terrible", I think I said.

After a minute, she said, "I know why you don't like the food. This is food for women after giving birth. It has a lot of spices and 'special ingredients' in it."

That one salad about made me sick last night. :sick:

• Development Team

(salam)

My littlest sister had a baby this past weekend.  So all the women are helping her, checking on her, and bring her lots of food.

So she tells me: eat some of this before it goes to waste. She tells me this for 3 days in a row. I obliged each time.

Finally, last night I asked, "Do your girls friends hate me?"

"No, why?" she asked.

"Because the food tastes terrible", I think I said.

After a minute, she said, "I know why you don't like the food. This is food for women after giving birth. It has a lot of spices and 'special ingredients' in it."

That one salad about made me sick last night. :sick:

Don't why but that's pretty funny to me. I remember that mother's cooking was "off" after she had my brother. Couldn't figure out what was wrong and to this day, I still don't know.

• Moderators

Don't why but that's pretty funny to me. I remember that mother's cooking was "off" after she had my brother. Couldn't figure out what was wrong and to this day, I still don't know.

Lol, really.. Being a not so good cook during pregnancy makes sense but after...hmm... Us Women :p

• Veteran Member

The food given to Hassanhh was not prepared by pregnant woman. It was special food for post delivery , for new moms, to give them energy and help them get more milk for baby and contract their womb etc lol

I am not sure what's Hasanhh background is, but it is known practice in my place.

Your mom probably was anaemic and had hard time concentrating, always forgetting and missing things and dates...

Edited by Chaotic Muslem
  • Development Team

'tis all finished :D

Bummer, no matter, I found a local place to get chicken curry, samosas, mango lassi and all that good stuff. I am pretty excited for my pl8 to try it for the first time. Finally, I can check out what you Pakistanis have been singing culinary praises about. :D

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
  • Veteran Member

I finally got some decent food from my sister's friends.

Malawi, cookies, hamburgers ... there goes my diet after losing 20+ lbs.

Her new son had his first doctor's visit today. I was chauffeur ---as usual.

Everything OK so far.  He doesn't cry too much.

But he had the hiccups.

I told my sister he sounded like a squeaky-toy...

she replied with a bruise.

• Advanced Member

Bummer, no matter, I found a local place to get chicken curry, samosas, mango lassi and all that good stuff. I am pretty excited for my pl8 to try it for the first time. Finally, I can check out what you Pakistanis have been singing culinary praises about. :D

samosas  :wub:

must get some made today!!!

i dont like mango lassi - i mean, i LOVE lassi in its original flavor, just not the mango one :/

• Development Team

samosas  :wub:

must get some made today!!!

i dont like mango lassi - i mean, i LOVE lassi in its original flavor, just not the mango one :/

Is the original lassi bitter, I am curious about its taste, I guess I will check it out when I get a chance to the restaurant.

• Advanced Member

Is the original lassi bitter, I am curious about its taste, I guess I will check it out when I get a chance to the restaurant.

yep it is - even the sweet one is good. at least i find it better than mango lassi 

having muesli for breakfast :(

• Moderators

no, the lassi isnt bitter, its either sweet or salty, I like the sweet one more .

Having Paratha for breakfast, :D

don't know what's for lunch... Maybe I will take the kids out for our once a month trip to 'junk food land'