Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

i love jalaibee <3 

did you eat them raw?

raw? what do you mean by raw...

they were fried and dipped in sugar syrup afterwards (the usual way) I had them with tea.

is there another way to eat them?

raw? what do you mean by raw...

they were fried and dipped in sugar syrup afterwards (the usual way) I had them with tea.

i really know how they make jalaibees. i meant if you were eating them with anything.

is there another way to eat them?

with milk.

doodh jalaibee is a famous term. i dont eat it like that because i think its nasty but people eat it here.

i really know how they make jalaibees. i meant if you were eating them with anything.

with milk.

doodh jalaibee is a famous term. i dont eat it like that because i think its nasty but people eat it here.

oh yeaaah, doodh jalaibee, you lahorites have it in nashta? don't you? I too, never eat it that way

I tried a friend's recipe for baked samosas and I was pleasantly surprised! I don't like "normal" samosas as the oily taste puts me off and not being fond of fried things. These were quite nice and non-oily. They looked a bit like these:

baked-tofu-samosa-pm-baked.jpg

^

I never heard of baked samosas before. I sometimes find the fried ones a little oily too, but aren't they too dry like that?

You brush them with olive oil (or any oil you prefer) a few times while they bake. It's annoying but it keeps them from getting too dry. 

I'd previously never heard of baked samosas either. My friend devised this particular recipe to try to make them healthier and for the blog she's starting. Interestingly, her blog is going to be a food blog presenting a revised, healthier take on Pakistani food. 

My friend devised this particular recipe to try to make them healthier and for the blog she's starting. Interestingly, her blog is going to be a food blog presenting a revised, healthier take on Pakistani food.

Please share the link to your friend's healthy food blog whenever you can. :)

^^^Not exactly a weight-watcher, are you?

:lol: no, this was one in a blue moon type of thing. One deserves a little treat after working on data sheets till 2 in the morning,no? :p

:lol: no, this was one in a blue moon type of thing. One deserves a little treat after working on data sheets till 2 in the morning,no? :p

One certainly does. I can devour magnum ice cream anytime even if I don't deserve one. It's just so good. :p

Ate- Small spoon of nutella

eating- nothing

will eat - home made potatoes.

& yes, while i was trying to help my mum in the kitchen i was chopping off the photoes & cut my finger & thumb, & well i guess this is what happens when your hand & the knife fall in love, the knife will cut you & hurt you & it was just OUCHH

:donno:

tell me i'm gonna be the best house wife & a cooker, surely, I'd be left with 0 fingers.

Ate- Small spoon of nutella

eating- nothing

will eat - home made potatoes.

& yes, while i was trying to help my mum in the kitchen i was chopping off the photoes & cut my finger & thumb, & well i guess this is what happens when your hand & the knife fall in love, the knife will cut you & hurt you & it was just OUCHH

:donno:

tell me i'm gonna be the best house wife & a cooker, surely, I'd be left with 0 fingers.

Ouch! Knife cuts always hurt real bad! And the worst part when I get them is, they last for like a whole month :/

Edited by NooralHussain

Ouch! Knife cuts always hurt real bad! And the worst part when I get them is, they last for like a whole month :/

yes, it is the worst. I mean there's this thing between me &  the knife, i can't hold it or use it without having one of my fingers cut, & then it gets even worse when it bleeds non-stop. But yeah the cut will stay for waay too long !

or i can't go in the kitchen without having something happen, so if i was cooking something, i'd burn my hand, like something MUST happen.

lol what is life

The only thing I've eaten in the last two days is a tomato/cheese sandwich. hunger's given up on me.

Have a glass of milk, dear. It is easy and will give you a little energy. It's what I did when I lost my appetite for weeks due to sadness.

I had this for lunch, with a grilled half chicken

wow... ^ looks mouth watering...  short change or not, sickness or no sickness I want to eat it... :P

I had nothing after the Halwa puri :( feeling  hungry

will have a glass of milk before  going to bed

Edited by starlight

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D

Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast

Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour)

Mom made the Halwa and it was the best I had ever eaten :P

attachicon.gifhalwa puri.JPG

breakfast was late, so skipped lunch

My daughter wanted to bake chocolate chip cookies, so we started getting the things together and she was mixing flour, eggs etc. Towards the end when it was time to add the chocolate chips I found there were only few left in the box :( so I decided to chop some chocolate bars and use that instead.. well I usually never injure myself while working with knives ( I used to do surgeries in another life ... sigh.. anyway ) but today I cut my hand really bad. It's  a very deep cut, suddenly there was blood on the floor and I rushed to the bathroom to give myself first aid 

while in the bathroom, I overheard this conversation between my kids daughter, 7 and son, 4 (in hushed voices)

Son         : Is she going to die?

daughter : I think she will make it

Son         : should we call an ambulance?

daughter : She is a doctor, remember? she would have called one herself is she needed

Son         : if she is going to die we should ask her to at least put the cookies in the oven before dying

daughter : ssshhh.. STOP, she will find out we love her cookies more than her .

As i type this the first batch of the cookies is eaten and ..... well.. I am still alive :D

Looll a good laugh was needed :D

You brush them with olive oil (or any oil you prefer) a few times while they bake. It's annoying but it keeps them from getting too dry. 

I'd previously never heard of baked samosas either. My friend devised this particular recipe to try to make them healthier and for the blog she's starting. Interestingly, her blog is going to be a food blog presenting a revised, healthier take on Pakistani food. 

That sounds like a blog i'd be interested in, Will she be posting recipes for Pakistani sweets/desserts also?

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D

Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast

Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour)

while in the bathroom, I overheard this conversation between my kids daughter, 7 and son, 4 (in hushed voices)

Son         : Is she going to die?

daughter : I think she will make it

Son         : should we call an ambulance?

daughter : She is a doctor, remember? she would have called one herself is she needed

Son         : if she is going to die we should ask her to at least put the cookies in the oven before dying

daughter : ssshhh.. STOP, she will find out we love her cookies more than her .

As i type this the first batch of the cookies is eaten and ..... well.. I am still alive :D

:P If your kids ever want another aunty i'd like to put my candidacy forward.

That sounds like a blog i'd be interested in, Will she be posting recipes for Pakistani sweets/desserts also?

:P If your kids ever want another aunty i'd like to put my candidacy forward

awwww... :wub:  Than you so much Ruq <3 . They are sleeping right now but when they wake up I will tell them about their brand new Aunty..... 

I am SO tired of outside food! Even my 15-year-old, who loves to eat out, is tired of outside food.

I had trail mix for breakfast. Last night's super was from Fazoli's (Italian fast food) and lunch and breakfast yesterday were both trail mix. I don't care if we have no fridge or dishes or cookware - I'm going to buy groceries!

What should I get, that requires no refrigeration, and no dishes, utensils, or cookware? I do have my cast iron skillets and some paper plates.

^ Cast iron skillet and paper plates. How about buying sliced bread and sliced cheese to make grilled cheese sandwiches? Or skip the cooking and just eat cheese sandwiches.

This looks like it could be nice, although she doesn't explain what kind of broth to cook the rice in, which is quite important as it will add all the flavour, I wouldn't deep fry the potatoes or aubergines either.

I like the general idea of the dish though.

Edited by Ali_Hussain