Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

^ Our biscuits are a bit like your scones, and the word "gravy" covers a wide range of sauces, usually made with meat drippings or broth, but also can be made with mushrooms or butter or cream.

American scones are usually sweet and served in coffee shops. American biscuits are a flaky quick bread and are not sweet.

Right after i make corn bread i'll try these 'biscuits' maybe.

Edited by Ruq
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Salam

Ate Anthea's pudding, a token for my brother turned alleged murderer. He loved baking it good.

ws

• Moderators

Bro ammar: Is that cauliflower cooked with potatoes??

Haven't you starting feasting on the fresh summer produce?? All those tasty vegetables?... okras,aubergines and of course,bitter gourd which everyone but me seems to love...

sis Ruq, I want some cheese toast and I want it NOW ..... :P

and afterwards I will have some of Bakir's Macaroons :P

Edited by starlight
  • Veteran Member

Brother AnaAmmar,I ate chicken curry with rice.

What you ate looks so good...what is it called and why didn't you send me some of that?

This is one of the old school dishes. Potatoes (as we call them Aloo) with cauliflower (Gobhi) cooked together. There are several cooking styles for this dish. This one is punjabi style. 

i would have sent it if i could :(

i can share the recipe if you want to try. its really easy and tastes wonderful.

Bro ammar: Is that cauliflower cooked with potatoes??

Haven't you starting feasting on the fresh summer produce?? All those tasty vegetables?... okras,aubergines and of course,bitter gourd which everyone but me seems to love...

Yes it is. But i dont know if cauliflower season is properly there yet because my sister had to cook it for 1.5 hours to make it soft. 

Bhindi is life. Okras cooked with tamarind water is probably the best thing available on the face of earth.

• Advanced Member

This is one of the old school dishes. Potatoes (as we call them Aloo) with cauliflower (Gobhi) cooked together. There are several cooking styles for this dish. This one is punjabi style. 

i would have sent it if i could :(

i can share the recipe if you want to try. its really easy and tastes wonderful.

Your offer to send me the dish is enough bro...it's all about the niyyat.

I think I ate smthg similar to that but indian style,I'd love to have your punjabi recipe.May Allah bless you.

• Veteran Member

(salam)

Since the paranoid, peeping-Tom gov't likes to study our forums and posts, l wonder if this thread is thought of as a "laundry code" ?

If so, for example, shia askari will be arrested and interrogated over, "What does 'Lasagne' mean?"

So to save shia-askari, "lasagna" is an alternative spelling for "lasagna".

Lasagne also means weight gain.

I'm must be watching too many re-runs of "The FBI Files" and "Un-solved Mysteries" to think of this. :cry: