Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Hungry and busy this afternoon, I gobbled down a couple of chicken patties - the darling food of every Pakistani bakery.

IMG_3876_resize.jpg

And now I'm having chai and bran rusk to atone for the high calorie count of the above:

DSC_4702-500x500.jpg

tea-cup_1798148b.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of rusks dipped in a cup of tea?

Oooh sounds nice!

I'm having leftover buffalo chicken, buttered corn, and an apple. Wish I had some rice or bread.

I thought I had breakfast but now I don't remember what it was. Maybe I forgot to eat. Tonight's supper might be burritos or enchiladas with a salad.

Salams, do you have a tried and tested recipe for corn bread?  ive never tried it and never see it in the shops here, but i like the look of it (when it looks yellow and a bit cakey).

Hungry and busy this afternoon, I gobbled down a couple of chicken patties - the darling food of every Pakistani bakery.

IMG_3876_resize.jpg

And now I'm having chai and bran rusk to atone for the high calorie count of the above:

DSC_4702-500x500.jpg

tea-cup_1798148b.jpg

Does anyone have a picture of rusks dipped in a cup of tea?

That looks like melba toast...you dip cmelab toast in tea?  or do you mean those dry biscuits people give to babies(?)

Salams, do you have a tried and tested recipe for corn bread? ive never tried it and never see it in the shops here, but i like the look of it (when it looks yellow and a bit cakey)

Yes I do! But in my family we make our corn bread less sweet than is typical and slather it in butter, so I'll give you my recipe and also a more typical one. Later, inshallah. Right now I am eating pizza.

That looks like melba toast...you dip cmelab toast in tea?  or do you mean those dry biscuits people give to babies(?

I had to look up melba toast. The description fits perfectly. We call it rusk. No, they are not dry biscuits. To dip rusks in tea is considered a bit uncouth and village-type, but I do it :D

I am enjoying a cupcake with mint flavoured topping. Credit to my sis. This is a real pic off her FB.

cupcake_zpsba8af63e.jpg

Laddo.. As much as I hate those oily, stuck in the throat, overly sweet, yellow cholesterol filled balls, for some strange reason I was craving for them so much that I special ordered some to FedEx for me all the way from Chicago. Still can't beat the petha and ras gullay, the crown of Pakistani sweets. Which I ordered too and devoured it all in one weekend. 

0_pid_1151.jpg

Edited by Waiting for HIM

To dip rusks in tea is considered a bit uncouth and village-type, but I do it :D

That is the only way one should eat rusk with chai! You should try slathering the rusk with butter and then dipping it...it's a new high. Try it sometime.

I'm a big fan of cake rusks too.

That is the only way one should eat rusk with chai! You should try slathering the rusk with butter and then dipping it...it's a new high. Try it sometime.

I'm a big fan of cake rusks too.

This should be the only way, I agree, but what do you do with 'refined' people who rebuke you for dipping them in the chai? :( They put a layer of butter or malai on the rusk and take little bites with sips of tea but won't ever dip it in the cup. Butter-topped rusk dipped in the chai is new. I have never done it but now that you say, I'll try...

And yes, cake rusks are cool but fattening and I pile up pounds if I don't check my calorie count. Wish I was one of those people whose bodies don't register the amount of food they shove down their throats. :(

Asalaam Alaikum,

I've gone paleo so most of my meals are protein and veggies/ fruit. Best invention is the nutribullet !! So loads of smoothies.

Breakfast: tomatoe spinach omelette

Lunch: baked chicken in piri piri sauce with huge salad

Dinner: not sure

I don't usually snack between meals except for maye walnuts, pecans or almonds

This should be the only way, I agree, but what do you do with 'refined' people who rebuke you for dipping them in the chai? :( They put a layer of butter or malai on the rusk and take little bites with sips of tea but won't ever dip it in the cup. Butter-topped rusk dipped in the chai is new. I have never done it but now that you say, I'll try...

And yes, cake rusks are cool but fattening and I pile up pounds if I don't check my calorie count. Wish I was one of those people whose bodies don't register the amount of food they shove down their throats. :(

Ive always been a dunker. Its perfectly acceptable as long as you dont submerge it so long that, when you lift it again, its gone so soft that it starts to perilously dangle and you have to then lower it into your gaping mouth.

One suggestion. Don't toast your bread in a toaster. Try tawa instead. Adds to the yum factor.  

Does it? I like it untoasted if I'm smothering the slice of bread with peanut butter.

If you are eating bland, textureless American style white bread like shown in that photo, you have to toast it or it is inedible.

Bran or wholewheat usually, but I have not seen peanut butter on a toasted bread; it's always not toasted for this purpose. Which is more common?

Khayr, I ate creamy chicken pasta tonight:

RECIPE_Creamy-Chicken-and-Mushroom-Pasta

Edited by Marbles

I have a bar of dark chocolate warped up in fridge. I came today and found it opened, some ate a bit of it . Finger prints of kids were obvious over it. I took a piece and while it dissolved in my mouth I was imagining the sneezing, nose picking etc … but the chocolate was long gone before I could do anything .. it actually tasted sweet …..and sour.