Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Salam as I searched about Biryani, we have still simple form of that we call it 'مرغ لای پلو ' ' morgh lay Polo' that it's translation is chicken inside rice but usually restaurants make chicken & Rice separate from each other but you can also can find  meat balls that cooked with  rice in traditional iranian restaurants that present traditional foods of North of Iran ,but Iranian don't use Masala & other spices 

مرغ لای پلو

Morgh Lay polo

The most similar to Biryani is Qaymeh la Polo' that is more popular  قیمه لا پلو & distributes in Ashura day 

I hate to eat food I do not understand.

Why can't everything be simple like hamburger and fries, pizza or turkey dinner?

I don't know what l am Iooking at up above.

10 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Why can't everything be simple like hamburger and fries, pizza or turkey dinner?

I don't know what l am Iooking at up above.

These are only simple because they are familiar to you. 

Ate: I cooked a disaster for last night's supper. We ate it anyway. It was meant to be ground turkey gravy served over rice, but there was a series of mishaps and it ended up more like a sticky paste. Maybe we can spread the leftovers on toast. 

Eating: waiting for the coffeepot, then I will have a cup of coffee with milk and a piece of oat muffin, inshallah. 

Will eat: tonight's supper is planned to be chicken and noodles, but if it doesn't rain I may change that to chicken on the grill, maybe with noodles, maybe with bread or potatoes. And I'll figure out the rest later. 

Edited by notme

8 hours ago, notme said:

These are only simple because they are familiar to you. 

Ate: I cooked a disaster for last night's supper. We ate it anyway. It was meant to be ground turkey gravy served over rice, but there was a series of mishaps and it ended up more like a sticky paste. Maybe we can spread the leftovers on toast. 

Eating: waiting for the coffeepot, then I will have a cup of coffee with milk and a piece of oat muffin, inshallah. 

Will eat: tonight's supper is planned to be chicken and noodles, but if it doesn't rain I may change that to chicken on the grill, maybe with noodles, maybe with bread or potatoes. And I'll figure out the rest later. 

Go for grilled potatoes hahah

It's 2:45am here and I am eating kulfi. It's traditional Pakistani 'ice cream on stick' made by evaporating sweetened cardamom flavoured milk until it's condensed and caramelized. Pistachios and almonds are added for extra flavour.

lahori-kulfi01-458x408.jpg.b14b9129c9c882e3324e45cfca865a31.jpg

(Picture off Google, cannot take own because involves grave danger of waking up kids and ruining rare moments of enjoying kulfi and solitude) 

Edited by starlight

16 hours ago, notme said:

It was meant to be ground turkey gravy served over rice, but there was a series of mishaps and it ended up more like a sticky paste.

Half guessing, My grandmother would have said something like, "Cut it with milk" or "Thin it with milk".

Will that work?

On 6/9/2019 at 12:08 AM, hasanhh said:

How dare can someone else’s combination of meat and grain be different from my combination of meat and grain?

Humanity!

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Half guessing, My grandmother would have said something like, "Cut it with milk" or "Thin it with milk".

Will that work?

Yes - until it reached the top of the pot. But I've been adding milk in a glass bowl before reheating the leftover, so I can pour it over toast, not spread it like turkey peanut butter. It does taste good, but I'll probably be the only one eating the leftover because these people I've got are lazy when there's easier food available. 

From tomorrow onwards inshallah if I remember, I will start posting pic of what I eat in a day.

Today I ate béchamel pasta for dinner and lunch. No breakfast because I woke up late. 

Ate: breakfast was leftover grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and rice. Of course there was coffee with milk. I always have coffee with milk.

Eating: (actually finished) Triscuit crackers and cheese, dates, and an apple. And I'm waiting for some berry-black tea to steep. 

Will eat: ( @hasanhh might like this one.) We've got some beef hot dogs, and I'm going to serve with fries and baked beans. It's not my favorite meal, but the kids love it. Actually, the less effort I make, the more they like it. :confused:

hot-dog-chili-con-carne-bowl-roll-bun-ch

(Stock image from Google, but you get the idea.)

^^^ @notme   Actually, I like my food a little 'drier' than how you are serving those beans. My grandmother use to send me (navy)beans and dumplings in a large bowl.

Looks good.

So when is your hubby going to invite me over to try it?

:grin: