Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Marbles said:

"I find it strange that Jesus said that He is the Bread of life, but the American wheat is killing us."

I think nowadays bread is no longer the same as it was back in the days of  Prophets (peace be upon them all). These days we have a protein called gluten in our wheat breads which causes people digestive problems. That's why we have so much gluten free food in our supermarkets. Its all because food manufactures these days have been manipulating our foods with additives and unorganic harvesting practices. 

Edited by Murtaza1

Fruity Pebbles cereal and peanut butter rolled up in a tortilla. I have a cold and nothing tastes. My little son was snacking on cereal and it seemed like a good idea. It was not bad. I searched Google for a picture, but apparently everyone who has ever done this, just like me, has eaten it all before thinking of taking a picture. 

Ate: homemade bread with homemade spiced fig jam, and coffee with low-fat milk. 

Eating: nothing at the moment.

Will eat: tonight's supper is planned to be ground turkey gravy served atop rice, with a green vegetable or two yet to be determined. I'm contemplating roasting some brussel sprouts, or it might be steamed broccoli, everyone's favorite. 

8 hours ago, Laayla said:

This is eaten with 

Image result for lebanese yogurt and cucumber

this is same as Iranian Yogurt with Cucumber & dried mint leaf

^^^^

ah, brother but does the Iranian version include crushed garlic  lol

When I would go with my family to the Iranian gathering, we would make mujadara hamra and bring yogurt with us for potluck and they would :love:   haha

31 minutes ago, Laayla said:

^^^^

ah, brother but does the Iranian version include crushed garlic  lol

When I would go with my family to the Iranian gathering, we would make mujadara hamra and bring yogurt with us for potluck and they would :love:   haha

I said about it's appearance using garlic for us is optional that most of time we don't use for big gatherings also every nation has it's flavor for it that iraninas prefer salty  one but we love Lebanese & Arabic flavors too.

I wrote a few days ago about the free fruit for kids that my local supermarket offers. It's just one piece of apple, tangerine or banana. Anyway I picked up Maryam from school to get my 5 mile walk on a low carb diet. And on the way back, despite her protestations, we made a detour to the supermarket so that we could get the free fruit (on her account). I also show her where to get the discounted food that is on its sell-by date.

So she picks up a tangerine and makes a face (as if she is too good for it) and we continue shopping.

Later that day we go to Sakina's to wish her a happy birthday and in a pleasant show of generosity Maryam takes out the tangerine from her pocket and gives it to Sakina.

The little toerag.

am: coconut oil, apple cider vinegar

early noon: two fried eggs, coffee with heavy whipping cream 

noon: handful of pistachios

a bit later: three teaspoons of heavy cream, green tea 

dinner: chapli kabob peshawar style 

bit later: a spoonful of ghee, warm water 

now: Labbani, already half cup, can’t stop 

here goes my 3rd week of high fat, low protein meals 

We'd been discussing where to go for dinner. There was an Iranian place not far from the hotel, but Abbas had had a temperature earlier that day.

I suggested the place below, it was directly opposite the hotel. It is a Brazilian style steakhouse and nothing to suggest that it's halal. Anyway, my wife phoned them and was told that they do in fact serve halal and unlike a Tripadvisor commentator had reported you don't need to give 24 hours notice.

So we turned up and they explained how it works, basically you get the waiters come around with skewers of bbq'd meat, which you can have cut onto your plate (or not). They have these green discs to show that you do want to be served more or you turn them over and red the red side shows you don't want any more. They also gave us a blue disc which has halal written on it. So the claims to serve halal were kosher.

The crowd in the place seem fairly normal and there's nothing to suggest anything weird. But I did say to Maryam that given the waiters' willingness to come over with different skewers, the business model only made sense if the charge was about 50% more than what we were used to paying e.g. at places like Nandos. So I was counting on a bill of about £60-£70. Maryam thought it would be about £50 (I think she was going by the quality of the food).

Final bill is below.

I take beta blockers so I am not fazed by such things. But Maryam nearly fainted. In situations like this, my wife's usual response is, 'why didn't you check the price yourself'.

502803212_F769A181-FFD0-4451-B3BD-4F9273E211262.thumb.JPG.643063bf5199a4b57df4fd317edd87be.JPG

Edited by Haji 2003