Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

shop.jpeg.cd19f8445a44b2c86be7133ec4643758.jpegkebab.jpeg.acc3beec31958bd7221ab7531bdfab31.jpeg

Had this chicken kebab salad at this street stall in Singapore recently. Only way you can tell the stall is halal is the hijabis outside. They can't display halal signs because they also sell alcohol. Singapore is a bit fundamentalist in that respect. Lol.

Went here for a lunch while in Hong Kong.

eben.jpeg.e52c47f2a183714afebff19a751709ec.jpeg

Their claim to fame is the biggest alcoholic drinks cabinet(s) I have seen anywhere in any kind of restaurant:

drinks.thumb.jpeg.6537c87256d9ba4b251cb78cc548ebb7.jpeg

Edited by Haji 2003

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Is this a warm or cold salad?

Warm. I actually didn't think of it as salad. I called it "macaroni and cheese with tuna and peas". Sadly, my oldest doesn't like cheese, my daughter doesn't like peas, and my youngest doesn't like tuna, so only half of us were happy. 

You won't believe what is made with the following ingredients:

sesame seeds

almonds

ground cardamom

ground cinnamon

honey

mahleb

pecans

pumpkin seeds

puffed wheat cereal

sunflower seeds

@Haji 2003 Ashura cereal.

[Edit] Also called Noah's pudding. The name comes from the historical fact that Noah's ark came to rest on the 10th of Muhharam(Ashura) and it was him who made this for the first time in history using whatever left over supplies he had. 

Desis make haleem on Ashura which is similar in the sense that it also has lots of different types of grains, carbohydrates etc. 

Edited by Nitidum

:clap: l haven't had one of these in decades. For brunch l decided to have an egg sandwich. lt was a double-yoked egg.

l couldn't about believe it. Thinking back, it is over 50 years since l broke open one of those from the farm. Probably early 60s.

But back then l fried it while today l microwaved it. And today is Friday the 13th.

:party:

On 4/13/2018 at 10:24 AM, hasanhh said:

But back then l fried it while today l microwaved it.

Fried in butter is the best. I'm planning "breakfast for supper" tonight. I'd be content with oatmeal and fruit, but my people demand protein. Usually we have beef or turkey "bacon" and eggs, with some bread and potatoes. I like to work in melons if they are available but I've not checked the grocery store yet. 

I was going to make some more bamboo shoot pickles, but they still aren't growing this year. I'm sure last year by mid April, we had more than we knew what to do with. Maybe I really have killed them all off. The grapevines just might have a chance after all. 

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks like chicken patties, sweet potatoes and goop.

What is it?

tikiyas, kajar ka halwa and kheer. One of the sis can expand, no doubt.