Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

IMG_20180117_111606687.jpg

Brunch casserole.

It's got canned biscuits, crumbled turkey sausage, shredded cheddar cheese, eggs, milk, and gravy. Quite delicious, actually. 

Edited by notme

On 1/17/2018 at 6:53 PM, Haji 2003 said:

I had to google what these are.

I knew someone British would comment. Biscuits are not cookies here, they're a flaky quick bread, often served with gravy. Or jam. Either is good. 

Canned biscuits are one of the few canned items I occasionally buy. Homemade is much better of course, but canned are just so convenient. 

Tonight's supper resembled this image from Google:

easy-italian-pasta-salad-2.jpg

Edited by notme
Swap image for one that works

Oh my goodness this Chocolate Candy Cane Black Tea is amazing! I've been waiting eagerly for my online order to arrive. I am well pleased.

IMG_20180123_133506202.jpg

Edited by notme
Again with the images not showing!

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

This looks like barley and burnt rice.

The camera flash washed out the color a bit, but it's tea leaves, peppermint leaves, and cocoa bits. It made a most interesting and tasty tea, with just a little sugar. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

The camera flash washed out the color a bit, but it's tea leaves, peppermint leaves, and cocoa bits. It made a most interesting and tasty tea, with just a little sugar. 

Couldn't you just by regular tea, peppermint and a can of cocoa and save a few $s?   :D

On 1/24/2018 at 9:04 AM, hasanhh said:

Couldn't you just by regular tea, peppermint and a can of cocoa and save a few $s?   :D

Probably, but I'm not sure it would have cost less. Besides, I'd never tried chocolate tea and didn't want to commit to a large amount at this time. Maybe next time I'll evaluate the cost of buying the ingredients separately. I usually have tea leaves and peppermint leaves on hand. I've never shopped for cocoa beans. I have cocoa powder, but I don't think it would work. 

Ate: last night's supper was roasted potatoes, steamed mixed vegetables, and sweet rolls. It was good. Satisfying.

Eating: breakfast of coffee with milk and a bit of home dried beef jerky. I think an apple or an orange will finish it off nicely.

Will eat: leftover beef stew on mashed potatoes for lunch and homemade pizza for supper. I like my pizza with jalapeño, onion, and pineapple. Some of the kids prefer cheese only. I'll make both, inshaAllah.  

On 1/24/2018 at 9:45 AM, notme said:

Probably, but I'm not sure it would have cost less. Besides, I'd never tried chocolate tea and didn't want to commit to a large amount at this time. Maybe next time I'll evaluate the cost of buying the ingredients separately. I usually have tea leaves and peppermint leaves on hand. I've never shopped for cocoa beans. I have cocoa powder, but I don't think it would work.   Thumbs Up

...  homemade pizza for supper. I like my pizza with jalapeño, ...   :fever:"Yarrabi"

:D

51 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Cummon. It's okay to spend on a something nice once in a while.:sign_no:

@notme Enjoy Sis!