Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

I actually make lovely lasagne, but it looks different. Plus, I like lamb mince.

. Ooh yes please.

I will send you a message.

It could be Pakistani version of lasagne? Fusion cuisine you know.

Yes it looks somewhat different from what I have come across in Britain and elsewhere in Europe.

It looks different because I had a cooking malfunction. It turns out my oven was tiny as compared to the dishes I wanted to serve lasagne in. So the long lasagne strips had to suffer torture in this round bowl which resulted in outwards protruding of the strips. I know it looks rather odd.

Edited by Wind Chimes
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

I will send you a message.

It looks different because I had a cooking malfunction. It turns out my oven was tiny as compared to the dishes I wanted to serve lasagne in. So the long lasagne strips had to suffer torture in this round bowl which resulted in outwards protruding of the strips. I know it looks rather odd.

I think it looks pretty!
  • Advanced Member

salty lassi feels good in hot weather.

meethi lassi feels good early in the morning,with malai,and makhan :wub:

does anybody here know kachi lassi?

yeah kachi lassi, just a pint of milk added to a gallon of water . and salt.

makhan , malai....... all belong to the :sick: family for me. :no:

Edited by Durr-e-Najjaf
  • Veteran Member

mamul.jpg

some arab lady brought these to the center last night for laylatul raghaib, and they are just delicious ^_^

ooo what are they? what do they taste like? what is the texture? is it coconut? the little wheel ones are cute.

Malai Tikka aka BBQ chicken brushed with cheese and crushed roasted almonds. Awesome.

Malai-Tikka.jpg

o.O... how do you 'brush' something with cheese?

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P

So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an instagram addict and all!) Without further adieu *drumroll*

Yesterday's gathering: (the pic on the right is called tahdig - it's basically crispy rice at the end of the pan). This one is potato tahdig and tahdig is the pride of all Iranians

Ive never had it but have heard of it, that one looks expertly done. Do you have any tips?

• Advanced Member
ooo what are they? what do they taste like? what is the texture? is it coconut? the little wheel ones are cute.

They're called 'ma'mul' and they come in date and walnut fillings. Check out the recipe and video on this site:

http://www.dedemed.com/mediterranean/maamoul-recipe-maamoul

Ive never had it but have heard of it, that one looks expertly done. Do you have any tips?

Tip number one: You have to have a non stick pan in order for your tahdig not to burn.

Number two: Practice makes perfect!

Check out this site for more tips: http://turmericsaffron.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/art-of-making-persian-tah-dig.html

And this one for more tahdig varieties (bread, lettuce etc): http://mypersiankitchen.com/?s=tahdig

• Veteran Member

o.O... how do you 'brush' something with cheese?

Not brush per se but you sprinkle crushed cheese over the pieces of meat half way through BBQ. Cheese melts and spreads itself on the meat and there you have tasty malai tikka <3