Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, Ruq said:

Just finished: Carrot halwa and pistachio barfi with tea and coconut kulfi (on its own). The halwa and barfi were good, not too sweet and the spices were plenty detectable. The kulfi was a little over-sweet for me.

When this is well made, it is amazing.

Speaking of halwa @Ruq, here's something to try if you ever find it up there. Sohan halwa

It's in season, fresh off the karahi, wherever I go these days I'm treated with a compulsory plate of sohan halwa and tea. A bite with a sip of tea is divine experience. It's like I'm about to get a new wahi / revelation.

I ate a couple of pieces yesterday evening at a social gathering.

pakistani-sohan-halwa-recipe.jpg.69bd372

Edited by Marbles

6 hours ago, Marbles said:

Speaking of halwa @Ruq, here's something to try if you ever find it up there. Sohan halwa

It's in season, fresh off the karahi, wherever I go these days I'm treated with a compulsory plate of sohan halwa and tea. A bite with a sip of tea is divine experience. It's like I'm about to get a new wahi / revelation.

I love sohan halwa!!

Just ate tomato tart and apple strudel.

Edited by Zarla

22 hours ago, Marbles said:

O my word, that looks so good! made with millet? i think im going to try making some desi sweets. I once made besan barfi, which turned out quite well. Problem is i cant leave things like this alone, its safer to purchase a small amount from shop.

I just noticed the sports and food forum has been squished together. I do hope this wont impact upon the standard of poster we have here on the Ate/eating/will eat thread :coffee: Im not so much interesting in post after post about protein shakes and isotonic drinks.

23 minutes ago, Ruq said:

I just noticed the sports and food forum has been squished together. I do hope this wont impact upon the standard of poster we have here on the Ate/eating/will eat thread :coffee: Im not so much interesting in post after post about protein shakes and isotonic drinks.

Part of health is mental health. One way to be mentally healthy is to enjoy life. One way to enjoy life is to eat beautiful and delicious food. Therefore arrowroot halwa and banana splits and all that stuff is important to health. 

The baby likes my sauteed ginger garlic soy sauce green beans! That means I can start including them the regular rotation.

The paratha I made this morning turned out a bit too oily and heavy for my liking :cry: the omelette however, was all golden and fluffy and I cheered up as the aroma of freshly brewed tea filled my nostrils.As I was sitting down to breakfast.... I heard Mum calling me, and she wanted to be dropped off somewhere .......urgently. :braveheart:

Eating: nearly cold paratha, the flat omlette and the reheated tea

#nolife #noleisurelybreakfast #alldreamsdownthedrain

Edited by starlight
I make too many typos

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Biscuits with olive oil, jelly and cheese and potatoe paddies on the side. Then fell asleep.

No offence, but sometimes your meals remind me of this. It's the Lufthansa business class lounge at Frankfurt airport. In terms of food, I swear there's not a lot else. The lounge at Karachi airport is an epicurean smorgasbord in comparison.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2014/07/29/review-lufthansa-business-class-lounge-frankfurt/

Lufthansa-Business-Lounge-Frankfurt-23.j

Lufthansa-Business-Lounge-Frankfurt-26.j

eating: the second third helping of Walnut sohan halwa....delectable. 

as  @hafiz  so rightly said : chocolate feels ashamedly looked over and forgotten compared to it . :D

Will eat : Pepperoni and Mushroom pizza,