Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l had two bologna sandwiches for brunch.

With lettuce, tomatoe, cheese and relish.

That sounds good except the bologna. :D

I had frozen pizza for breakfast and now I'm thinking about lunch. 

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

l microwave mine. lt is faster and l do not get any lace.

What? I’ve never knew we can microwave an egg. Anyway, enjoy your food brother. 

1 hour ago, Diaz said:

What? I’ve never knew we can microwave an egg. Anyway, enjoy your food brother. 

Becareful when you do. The egg will explode, so what you want to do is nuke it 30 seconds at a time.

Now my whiney ex-strife . . . errrrrr . . . ex-wife . . . complained that the plate was too hard to clean, but l never had any real "baked-on" problems.

10 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Becareful when you do. The egg will explode, so what you want to do is nuke it 30 seconds at a time.

Now my whiney ex-strife . . . errrrrr . . . ex-wife . . . complained that the plate was too hard to clean, but l never had any real "baked-on" problems.

I know, that’s why I was shocked when you said you microwaved your egg, it happened to my friend once. Anyway, I don’t have a microwave. 

4 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I know, that’s why I was shocked when you said you microwaved your egg, it happened to my friend once. Anyway, I don’t have a microwave. 

A cheap little microwave saves a lot on the electric bills. Like when heating a drink.

My spoiled ex once complanied, broke the little plate deliberately and threw it away. She thought washing dishes was a liquified form of wiping.

11 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

A cheap little microwave saves a lot on the electric bills. Like when heating a drink.

It’s not about the price, We don’t have place in our kitchen. And electric bill in here is nothing compare to other countries. We have electric water boiler. And btw, my parents hate microwave :( 

Edited by Diaz

26 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

I used to have egg stick to the plate. I started lightly spraying the plate with nonstick spray. Being careful to not overcook reduced sticking too. I normally prefer to cook eggs on the stove since I'm feeding a small army, but for only one person, microwave is much more convenient. 

In any event, if it's cleaned up right away it's not difficult 

1 minute ago, notme said:

I started lightly spraying the plate with nonstick spray.

l tried oil by oiling my finger and rubbing it on. The problem is you get a confined 'boom' and have to clean the the microwave sometime before the mold grows.

Any way, l found water to be a much better thing to use. The plate gets extra hot, but l never burned myself.

Ate: last night's supper was salad with buttered bread.

Eating: (just finished) coffee with milk

Will eat: thinking about tomato and eggs with store-bought bagels for tonight's supper. Lately I've been cooking the eggs in the oven. Might change it up to avoid so much heating the house, since it's hot today, or might try using my electric roaster oven outside. 

I'm currently going to make some warm tea with milk, and then eat naan (long flat bread) with lamb karahi (stew)

1 hour ago, Okera17 said:

I'm currently going to make some warm tea with milk, and then eat naan (long flat bread) with lamb karahi (stew)

That sounds nice.

I have a small piece of lamb shoulder, but I need to decide a way to make it enough for six of us. I am thinking of making a stew or soup with the lamb and some potatoes and carrots. But not today. Today I want to eat our tomatoes, so I planned a meal that will go well with them. 

16 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I’m gaining a lot of weight, I’m worried T__T

Are you in your early to mid twenties? Might be your metabolism slowing. 

On 6/4/2020 at 9:31 AM, hasanhh said:

relish.

An advertisement on the radio for a vitamin supplement also mentions we should eat pickled vegetables. So relish, sauerkraut and pickles are healthy. (Must be the vinegar is good for us.) :)

Tonight I had potato cheese soup with a salad and some tuscan-style garlic bread.

Ate: Sundried tomato hummus & crackers

Eating: Chocolate chip cookies (homemade)

Will eat: vegetarian shepherd's pie

On 6/7/2020 at 4:43 AM, Hameedeh said:

(Must be the vinegar is good for us.) :)

A Medication for Pain of the Spleen
‘Abd al-Rahman Sahl b. Mukhlid narrated from his father, who said: I went to ‘Ali Al-Ridha’, peace be upon him, and complained to him of a pain in my spleen, the severity of which kept me sleepless at night and confined to bed during the day. He said: “What about the ‘comprehensive medication’?” that is the previously mentioned ingredients. He said: “Take a grain of it with cold water and vinegar soup.” I did as he instructed me and what was in me abated, praise be to Allah, the Exalted.

https://www.al-islam.org/fr/node/41561

It is reported from Abu al-Hasan, peace be upon him, that he said: ‘My teeth (al-asnan) were hurting me and I applied Cyperus rotundus (al-sud) to them.’  He said: ‘Wine vinegar (khall al-khumr) strengthens the gums (al-litha).’  He also said: “Take wheat (al-hinta), husk it, and extract the oil.  If the tooth is decayed and rotten, put two drops of the oil in it.  Put some oil on a piece of cotton and place it in the ear near the tooth, for three nights.  It will stop [the decay], Allah, the Exalted, willing.’

http://www.duas.org/tibb.htm

You Are What You Eat; Practical Guide and Q&A - Maulana Syed Muhammad Rizvi

https://al-m.ca/you-are-what-you-eat-practical-guide-and-qa/

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

19 hours ago, notme said:

Ate: chicken in turmeric gravy on noodles with steamed broccoli.

What is turmeric gravy? White sauce with added turmeric powder? 

I have been making this alfredo fettuccine/pesto hybrid dish that i'm loving recently.

I tweak the ingredients each time to experiment and it has been successful so far alhamd.

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Wait until he hits the four zero.

What? I didn’t get it. 

Today for lunch I had meat ball stew with rice, for dinner I had 2 roasted cheese sandwich and 1 roasted oregano sandwich with chocolate milk. 

2 hours ago, Hameedeh said:

What is turmeric gravy? White sauce with added turmeric powder? 

Yes! I actually added minced onion, turmeric, and paprika, but it was yellow so I named it for the turmeric. There was salt, pepper, and garlic too, but I always use those.