Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Yesterday, my mom made this pasta with a Gorgonzola sauce & put red pepper flakes in it. This was so delicious that I ate two bowls (it's just us two) and then felt a little misty eyed when I realized that there was only one serving left. Then, I ate some cheesecake that she made, watched a great movie about the life of The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and went to bed.

Now, I am drinking some iced coffee with french vanilla creamer (this is my usual breakfast). In a short while, I will slam a protein shake and begin my (excuse for a ) workout.

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Made from the Gorgons?  :worried:

Stheno, Medusa and Euryale

Does it have a rocky taste?

:rolleyes:

One could say that it "rocks" as a meal; but luckily is not made from the Gorgons.

If I can find the recipe, I'll share it. I think my mom has it hidden somewhere (supplicate that she will come to Islam along with my sister and her fiancee if you will).

4 minutes ago, GD41586 said:

One could say that it "rocks" as a meal; but luckily is not made from the Gorgons.

If I can find the recipe, I'll share it. I think my mom has it hidden somewhere (supplicate that she will come to Islam along with my sister and her fiancee if you will).

Thanks. l looked it up and saw it is make from unskimmed cow's milk, making it "milder" that from goats milk.

No need for a recipe. My cooking is limited to cans, bags, boxes and frying.

Edited by hasanhh
box

About to have a second cup of coffee with milk. I don't know why I'm having a hard time walking up today. 

Ate for supper last night: creamy vegetable soup with buttered naan. It was leftover and delicious. 

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

No need for a recipe. My cooking is limited to cans, bags, boxes and frying.

Been there before brother.

One day I made an enchilada casserole based off of how I thought you made enchiladas. It was pretty good and we have it regularly now. Once you decide to jump in the deep end and give cooking a shot, you sort of develop a hobbyist enjoyment of it but then also just want to cook one big meal once or twice a week and eat off of that so that you don't have to cook every night.

12 hours ago, GD41586 said:

Then, I ate some cheesecake that she made, watched a great movie about the life of The Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and went to bed.

Did you watch it alone or did your Mother watch it? 

3 hours ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Did you watch it alone or did your Mother watch it? 

I watched it alone, but I'm going to have her watch it with me eventually because I'm praying that her, my sister & her fiancee will notice a change in me for the better & start researching Islam themselves.

7 hours ago, Diaz said:

Yesterday I made kfc, it was tasty, got compliment from my mom and aunt :blush:

I had it for lunch and dinner. 

Fried chicken is my favorite food that I never cook. 

:fever: l slept the evening away. Got up. Made a hometried pizza. Came to the computer. Lost in CyberSpace* because we are back to the old screens . . . the day after the blue color of Ramadhan was changed back to green . . . a double blow to the old-Grumpy's psyche.

the trauma . . . the trauma -- a'la Apocalypse Now 

l need a medical 'fix'. Chocolate? Blackberries? Coffee? 

*  - ln the 60s there was a TV program titled Lost in Space

On 5/30/2020 at 4:05 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

I’ve actually made my version of KFC style chicken at home in my air fryer. Turned out pretty nice!

23 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

@hasanhh

Why the sad face? 

KFC is already inflated bread crumbs disguising the size of the pulet piece. Then to duplicate, you use an airfryer, adding addition air.

Wasn't the texture like eating the pappus of a dandelion?

That is why l was empathitic towards your kitchen-lab experiment.

:cryhappy:"Still am."

Edited by hasanhh
clarification

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Then to duplicate, you use an airfryer, adding addition air.

That's not how an air fryer works. Basically it's the same as "oven fried" in a convection oven with a small amount of oil on the surface of the food. The taste is similar to frying, but it's actually baked. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

convection

This is a word which means motion, like air in motion, like in blown, which could be extrapolated to inflate when a narrow passage way -like a tube- is used.

5 hours ago, hasanhh said:

KFC is already inflated bread crumbs disguising the size of the pulIet piece. Then to duplicate, you use an airfryer, adding additional air.

Being as accommodative as l are,  l'II change this to:

" . . . you use an airfryer to blow-it-up, in little explosions. Very small explosions as popcorn does."

:yahoo:"That is it !    Heavenly-Silk made pop-chicken/pop-pulIets."

lt still must have been like eating a pappus.

On 5/31/2020 at 4:57 PM, hasanhh said:

KFC is already inflated bread crumbs disguising the size of the pulet piece. Then to duplicate, you use an airfryer, adding addition air.

That is why l was empathitic towards your kitchen-lab experiment.

:cryhappy:"Still am."

Actually it was pretty tasty, as sister notme mentioned the taste is similar to fried food. If one feels like the food is really dry much more to their liking then dab some more oil on but it’s still better than deep frying in my opinion. 

You also get really used to it!

1 hour ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

You also get really used to it!

That is scary. :scarerun:

My mother was a terrible cook. l got use to that too.

Here is one example:  She saw this recepie for "porcupine balls" in the newspaper. What you did was mix rice with hamburger, roll into balls, then when cooked the rice grains stick out. And they do. But what her crazy thing was to freeze them solid. Then when she'd "cook" them, she'd put them in the oven on Low for three hours. Then when she served them, the porcupine balls would be black, burnt and crisy out the outside and still frozen in the center.

l told my women students this. One decided to try it. So as she told me later, she bought a pound of hamburger and then experimented to get them to come out the way l described. She was 'successful'.

That's all funny now.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

That is scary. :scarerun:

My mother was a terrible cook. l got use to that too.

Here is one example:  She saw this recepie for "porcupine balls" in the newspaper. What you did was mix rice with hamburger, roll into balls, then when cooked the rice grains stick out. And they do. But what her crazy thing was to freeze them solid. Then when she'd "cook" them, she'd put them in the oven on Low for three hours. Then when she served them, the porcupine balls would be black, burnt and crisy out the outside and still frozen in the center.

l told my women students this. One decided to try it. So as she told me later, she bought a pound of hamburger and then experimented to get them to come out the way l described. She was 'successful'.

That's all funny now.

Well at least your younger sister makes you nice food now. :) 

Tonight I made refried bean enchiladas and spanish rice. Easy dinner, and I'll have enough to last me to at least friday.

Yesterday I had 3 patties with rice and salad, for dinner I had 1 roasted cheese with bread, other one was roasted mozzarella cheese with mortadella.