Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Yuck

l was letting my meal cool-off a little in an open oven door when a pentatomidae flew in.

l hope it ain't camoflage with the hamburger on my pizza.

Kinda reminds me of the Army.

Ate for breakfast: leftover yellow rice and chicken.

IMG-20200218-093010.jpg

Eating: now I'm just finishing up the coffee with milk. 

Will eat: plan for today is tacos, but I have to take my daughter to an art show where she won something. (We don't know what she won, or for what art work.) I can either make the tacos and hopefully they will save some for us, or I can leave them to fend for themselves for a little while, and we have a late supper when the ladies return. 

I shared my breakfast, and yes, she's on the table because I'm uncivilized like that. This is Marian, enjoying a bit of chicken. 

IMG-20200218-093222.jpg

Edited by notme
Typos

On 2/18/2020 at 5:42 PM, notme said:

Ate for breakfast: leftover yellow rice and chicken.

Yummy, I love grilled chicken. 

Today for breakfast I had 2 chocolate bar, I was craving sweets. For lunch I had stuffed grape leaves, my aunt made them. For lunch I will eat fast food restaurants, still didn’t decide what to eat.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

lt does look like a beef heart.

Did you make it halal ?

Yeah, I do remember saying  Allah of Akbar before stabbing it with the fork. 

This afternoon l concocted some brownies out of a box.

So after they were cooled off, l started eating them.

Five hours later, l finished the entire box in the pan.

l even scaped the crumbs into a glass and finsihed them that way.

Didn't eat anything else.

Now l am woozy in a glucose-ian hell.

Edited by hasanhh

On 2/23/2020 at 6:42 AM, starlight said:

Yeah, I do remember saying  Allah of Akbar before stabbing it with the fork. 

l noticed at the leaves at the lower part of the plate what looks like a spot of blood.

Was this "pancake" somekind of biochemical experiment?

I didn’t eat from any restaurants Since coronavirus reaches the place where I live. Today for lunch  I will have beef and veggies stew with rice. I won’t eat restaurant with my cousin if he is planning to eat, I will eat beef veggies stew if there are leftovers.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, starlight said:

Lots of times in life things don't go as you had planned....or hoped.

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting the heart shaped pancake!! :p

rps20200223_134622_083.thumb.jpg.be3c20f1f315210f0fc23e5868b30aa5.jpg

LOL that was definitely off-plan shaped. These days my kids are not into shape demands. Its what happens after that the creativity needs to go into overdrive. Last time I made them (Large flat and round) they wanted them coated with honey and peanut butter (I threw in some sesame arde and grape syrup for health) and then cut into strips and rolled up. Girls arranged their rolls into flowers. Son opened up his strips and first licked off filling then had the rest of the pancake.

I was preoccupied by the creativity and forgot to have any until my cup of coffee flavored milk was over. 

Breakfast: I ate my son's cereal that he left. Obviously I also had coffee with milk.

Lunch: I ate my son's tortilla chips that he didn't eat, with salsa, while he ate cereal. 

Supper: he ate his own rotini salad, and I ate mine. It was full of vegetables. 

Right now I'm sipping a cup of herbal tea. 

Tomorrow I think I'll cook up a pot of chili. 

I'm proud of this coleslaw I made:

IMG-20200322-161653.jpg

It's a (slightly) spicy, no mayonnaise version. I usually don't care for coleslaw, but this one is good - and super cheap to make. 

We had it with baked fish, on tortillas. 

Eating: nothing. It's night time here. 

Will eat: Tomorrow's dinner plan is stir fried veggies and rice. Maybe I'll add some peanuts. If I had cashews, that would be better, but I don't. Anyone ever tried stir fried veggies with almonds or pecans? 

Ate: toast with cheese, coffee with milk.

Eating:  nothing at the moment, but I think I'll have a red grapefruit for lunch in a little while. Black tea. 

Will Eat:  I've got ground turkey in the crock pot, and I'll make a seasoned gravy with lots of garlic, onion, and turmeric, add mixed vegetables, and serve atop rice.  We have this at least once per month, but usually with ground beef and the seasonings and vegetables vary.

My oddity, @notme , but the only ground meat l Iike is hamburger. Whether texture or taste, the others never seem to be 'right'.

My oldest son said the same. The rest of us notice the difference but don't mind a little variety. Besides, there's a meat shortage; we eat what we have available. 

11 minutes ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Can you share your recipe? :) 

Sure. It's my version of "Spicy No-Mayo Coleslaw; Mexican variation" from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. 

1 head of green cabbage, thinly sliced

3 carrots, grated

1 jalapeno, grated

1/2 medium onion, grated

2 TBS Dijon mustard

2 TBS lime juice

1 TBS minced garlic

2 TBS sesame oil

4 TBS olive oil

2 TBS dried parsley or cilantro

Mix all ingredients except cabbage well, then add cabbage and toss to coat. Let rest at least an hour or up to 24 hours before serving. Serves probably about 10 - we always have plenty and some left over. 

If you don't like spicy salad, omit jalapeno. 

If you like mayonnaise, (or like traditional coleslaw) feel free to substitute mayo for some or all of the oils and/or mustard.

And obviously, adjust to taste. 

4 minutes ago, notme said:

Mix all ingredients except cabbage well, then add cabbage and toss to coat. Let rest at least an hour or up to 24 hours before serving. Serves probably about 10 - we always have plenty and some left over. 

If you don't like spicy salad, omit jalapeno. 

If you like mayonnaise, (or like traditional coleslaw) feel free to substitute mayo for some or all of the oils and/or mustard.

And obviously, adjust to taste. 

Your recipe looks really good! I have been looking at this one online, but did not try it yet:

https://downshiftology.com/recipes/vinegar-coleslaw-no-mayo/

1 hour ago, ShiaChat Mod said:

Your recipe looks really good! I have been looking at this one online, but did not try it yet:

https://downshiftology.com/recipes/vinegar-coleslaw-no-mayo/

I used to think I didn't like cabbage, but now realize it is the mayonnaise that I dislike. 

:furious: "That is why there is cole slaw dressing."

Coleslaw dressing is usually mostly mayonnaise, isn't it? Maybe with some sugar? 

Usual coleslaw is not delicious to me. It's not disgusting, but I don't like it. I'd eat it if not eating it would leave me hungry or hurt someone's feelings, but I wouldn't seek it.