Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

What do these taste like?

Sweet and tangy. These are store bought, but from what I've read, the cranberries are soaked in sugar water before dehydrating. They go really well with pecans or almonds, or probably any type of nut that you like. 

You can probably find a small packet to try in the grocery store near raisins. If you end up not liking them, worst case you can feed them to wild birds. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

worst case you can feed them to wild birds

What other kind of bird is there? l'd never keep a bird in a cage.

As to the worst case . . . l could always feed them to my ex.  :grin:

Ate: pop-tarts. Ugh. Do not recommend as food. May be ok as a dessert after eating food. Coffee with milk. 

Eating: nothing at the moment. Contemplating having cheese toast for lunch. 

Will eat: I've got boneless chicken in the crock pot, with some paprika, garlic, black and red pepper. When it's done I'm going to pour off the broth, shred the chicken, add barbeque sauce, and serve it on a bun. I've got some frozen seasoned corn to go with, and probably a salad. 

The broth might be used for gravy or soup later. I have no immediate plans for it. 

Edited by notme
Clarity

6 hours ago, Diaz said:

Just now I had Paratha bread with craft cheese and tea with milk. I’m not Indian but I really love Indian food. Yummy.

I'm also not Indian but that sounds very appealing. 

20 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

lndian cusine is curry-crud. :tongueangry:"Blaahhh . . ."

Paratha is just bread. It's good, but really full of butter so don't eat it too often. I don't know how authentically, but I've made it a few times. You'd probably like it if you tried it. 

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

lndian cusine is curry-crud. :tongueangry:"Blaahhh . . ."

Indians have tons of tasty food, try them first. I love Indian breads (Chapati, Paratha, poori), Indian Samosa, Indian butter chicken etc. did you ever try them?

1 hour ago, Sirius_Bright said:

Bruv. 

Do Astaghfaar. 

I think he's one of those goras who just does not do spicy. To be honest, having grown up in the UK I can understand the pleasures of bland, but only occasionally.

Yesterday for lunch I had Shepard pie but instead with potato I had it with cauliflower. For dinner I had grilled chicken.

Right now I am eating 2 doughnuts and tea with milk for breakfast, I’m craving sugar.

10 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

I think he's one of those goras who just does not do spicy. To be honest, having grown up in the UK I can understand the pleasures of bland, but only occasionally.

He can just order them mild, I always do that. I can’t eat spicy too. 

As l finished my daily meal of potatoe children and an extravagant two slices of pizza (to celebrate this palindromic Groundhog Day), the door bell rings.

My little sister sent over some of her bread [ :eat: "Best in World"] and rice.

Oh, what  the heck. l'II eat some when l am not hungry. Then, as us old dotards do, l slept it off in my chair.

As l awoke, there was this stupid cooking show on.

"lf you have salted butter" be careful about the amount of salt you add. What dummy would waste salt for the butter they sell when anyone with a salt shaker can do the same?  :ko:

Then she spouts things like: Add peas or whatever to your butter. Many restaurants do.    :worried: Like from the kids' uneaten leftovers?

Then it is saw-tazed and poured over the most gawd-awful waste of water and manure: artichokes. Then baked.

After removing them from the oven and wasting electricity, she spouts these pompus pontifications of a prize winner.

Then she ends with "chow".

Chow? l don't know what she thinks is food, but l wouldn't feed that to a tree-hugger or a liberal.

She just totally ruined my Groundhog Day --palindromic or not.

Went round to my brother's. Feeling hungry. Found some nice crusty bread and also some French cheese in the fridge. Finished off the bread and then thought about you lot, so sorry there's only crumbs left.

Then found out that Sakina had been saving the bread for breakfast this morning. Story of my brother's childhood.

IMG_2065.JPG

3 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

then thought about you lot,

And reading the post,  I thought about your sister in law. :p 

rps20200208_160200_262.thumb.jpg.91ccfed2bc0f8514b0e47f619ba8fc77.jpg

After nearly a year took a day off from being a Mum. 

French toast topped with banana and Nutella. Calorie loaded, but I shared it with someone and later burned off some calories in shopping. :verryhappy: 

2 hours ago, starlight said:

After nearly a year took a day off from being a Mum. 

A year??

Im pretty sure we'd been seeing these on a weekly basis, or better.

later burned off some calories in shopping.

sauntering in shops does not count. Honestly. Buying a few kilos of groceries and walking home does.

And reading the post,  I thought about your sister in law. :p 

No smart comments from her. Anyway Sakina's dadi is downstairs at mine at the moment making her kebabs and dawti (roti in Sakina's babyspeak).

1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

A year?

My meticulously maintained :p cheque book tells me the last time I went on a out of town fun trip was Jan 24,'19. 

I don't remember the last time I left the house without the kids.I even took them to work with me in their summer break last year. 

sauntering in shops does not count.

Trying on 20 pairs of shoes in ten minutes doesn't come under High-intensity interval training??? :worried: 

dawti (roti in Sakina's babyspeak)

So cute!! Somehow I was under the impression that Sakina's around Maryam's age but she is a baby!! 

So I just had Palak gosht  (spinach cooked with mutton) with 'dawti'. 

Now drinking tea. 

36 minutes ago, starlight said:

So cute!! Somehow I was under the impression that Sakina's around Maryam's age but she is a baby!! 

They are about the same age, but I like using the same language as they were using when Maryam was 2. We don't call crisps crisps any more. They're pratik.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

I don't remember the last time I left the house without the kids.I even took them to work with me in their summer break last year. 

Oh so this trip was with the kids then?

On 8/18/2019 at 5:47 PM, starlight said:

Coffee and cake (Any reminders about calories will be conveniently ignored).

rps20190818_214653_899.thumb.jpg.513fdc5c7ae6e03ccbd101bae720fa4f.jpg

And this:

On 6/11/2019 at 2:14 PM, starlight said:

Lunch 

rps20190611_181321.thumb.jpg.06ab5c672c79e8b523e3d0fa4fd3dfce.jpg

2 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

so this trip was with the kids then?

No, this one was at home ^^ but almost every time I have gone out in the past year at least of them went with me, if not both. My son has turned particularly mischievous and it's easier to take him with me everywhere rather than leave him home and then receive SOS calls from Mum asking me to drop everything and come back to 'deactivate the torpedo'. 

4 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

They're pratik

That’s so sweet, that reminds me of when I was a kid and I would pronounce Quiche as ‘Quwichee’. Some of my family members still say that to tease me! 

A treat I had earlier!

AD9B3EEB-5E31-461A-A259-EEA4E82460DF.thumb.jpeg.f43d36912228f6950dad8939e08fa49e.jpeg

So ladies you think you have a chocolate addiction.

No you don't.

This is pukka Wahhabi fundo-warrior 100% cocoa chocolate. The sort that American Indians were eating before the Spanish came along. I think.

And no one could have an addiction to this. I can take bites of a few milligrammes at a time. 

Maryam took a bite and in her innocence it was a big one and then she ran to the bathroom to spit it out. The label says it has notes of red fruits and honey with a hint of vanilla. The same way that cyanide has almond notes.

Actually I just realised that perhaps it's not supposed to be eaten eaten. Rather you should just shave it to put on top of the forth of a latte etc.?

marks+and+spencer+peru+100%2525+dark+cho

26 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

Actually I just realised that perhaps it's not supposed to be eaten eaten. Rather you should just shave it to put on top of the forth of a latte etc

No, I just googled. You eat it. Arrgh.

My suggestion is to really savour the chocolate. Break off one small square and let it settle on the tongue and melt slowly. When I judge chocolate for the Academy of Chocolate or the International Chocolate awards, I consciously let the chocolate melt slowly without chewing. The heat from my mouth should be sufficient to melt high quality chocolate slowly. If it melts too quickly then you’ll know it has too much cocoa butter.

For me it’s a wondrous flavour. Of course it’s intense, depending on which bar you try you’ll get different flavours. But often they have a rounded and fairly blunt acidity – nothing sharp or ‘off’ at all. You should also get some woody (of different types) notes and a good base of caramel. The thing is, it’s very hard to generalise. But being at the 100% level you know it’s going to offer more depth and intensity than most chocolate

https://www.chocolatiers.co.uk/blogs/guides/7165016-100-dark-chocolate

A long slow torture like process is being suggested. But why H? Why? Aren't their already enough hardships in this dunya that we invite 100% chocolate into our world too? 

I just had a cup of Nescafe gold instant coffee in the flavour 'Amaretto'. I randomly picked it from the supermarket. I googled Amaretto after drinking it because I loved the bitter almond like taste so much and then learnt Amaretto is a type of liqueur!!!!:braveheart: I hope it's halal. Internet isn't telling me much. 

7 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Actually I just realised that perhaps it's not supposed to be eaten eaten. Rather you should just shave it to put on top of the forth of a latte etc.?

l put 'baking cocoa' in my coffee once a day. Cocoa has a health benefit. 

6 hours ago, starlight said:

. . .  and then learnt Amaretto is a type of liqueur!!!!:braveheart: I hope it's halal. Internet isn't telling me much. 

How vanilla extract is made is here: https://www.beanilla.com/blog/homemade-vanilla-extract 

The process reuires ethanol. Ethanol boils at <38*C.

Ergo, lf you bring your coffe to a boil at 100+*C then the alcohol will be evaporated off/out.

When l was in hi skool, there was a joke about getting drunk on rum cake -but most of us knew that the alcohol was completely gone after baking. And you bake at higher temperatures than boiling water.

Afwan.

Edited by hasanhh
link correction

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Hey . . . notme just gave me my 8,000th "Like". Shukran

Now l'II depart for a minute for an egomaniacal skream.

You're welcome. :party:

I ate some pepper and onion frittata for breakfast, a slice of pineapple and two strawberries for lunch, and I have no plans to eat supper as I'm feeling miserably congested and sneezy and have a sore throat and no appetite. I'm going to go make and drink a cup of ginger turmeric tea, and then sleep. 

Tomorrow, God willing, I'll cook the chicken drumsticks that I had planned for today.