Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Today for dinner I had butter chicken with rice and Indian bread, I don’t know the name of that bread I had. I had 2 Pepsi diet as well.

edit:- The name of that bread is naan.

Edited by Diaz

I cleaned out the fridge and we had a leftover casserole for supper. 

That is, I made a casserole from the leftovers, not a casserole was left over and we ate it. That second scenario will be later in the week. 

Edited by notme

Now l not only did not have to clean out anything, but at Mahgrib the doorbell rings and it's my brother-in-law. My little sister sent me over some food. A medium sized Styrofoam box with C&C rice and three round things and half a pita bread. So, l put it in a bowl, slapped on cheese slices and nuked it for  two minutes.

C&C = Chicken cubes and Chick peas.

Edited by hasanhh
spleing and clearity

9 hours ago, Diaz said:

Today for dinner I had butter chicken with rice and Indian bread, I don’t know the name of that bread I had. I had 2 Pepsi diet as well.

edit:- The name of that bread is naan.

Who else remembers Al Mufeeds butter chicken recipe everytime they see butter chicken? :verryhappy: Link 

I just finished making churros.  Dusted them with icing sugar and cocoa powder( was out of cinnamon powder. I took at picture while I was making those, just checked and it's come out too blurry) Eating churros with coffee.

Ate: Chicken Achari Handi with Roti for lunch.

Will eat: nothing after this.

2 hours ago, Marbles said:

What's churros? :worried:

:confused:"l don't know either, but it sounds like she is on a mexican food binge."

"Then . . .

6 hours ago, starlight said:

Will eat: nothing after this.

. . .  she diets for the next couple of hours."

:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, Marbles said:

What's churros? :worried:

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

"l don't know either,

Sorry, I thought everyone knew about Churros. :shock:

Churros is basically fried dough,eaten with sprinkled sugar and cinnamon powder,though people often eat them dipped in chocolate too. They originate from Spain. 

churros.thumb.jpg.34999ec9989ea0b4dd07498bbcc9fffd.jpg

48 minutes ago, Marbles said:

I've tried them in Turkey, but never seen them in Pakistan I think.

Yeah, I know only of one place in Karachi which serves this.

Edited by starlight

Yesterday for lunch and dinner, I had molokhia with chicken and rice. Nowadays, I’m trying my best not to drink a lot of Sodas, so instead I will drink water with tons of ice, yet my mom is still angry. I don’t know what to drink xD 

Edited by Diaz

18 hours ago, starlight said:

Sorry, I thought everyone knew about Churros. :shock:

Churros is basically fried dough,eaten with sprinkled sugar and cinnamon powder,though people often eat them dipped in chocolate too. They originate from Spain. 

churros.thumb.jpg.34999ec9989ea0b4dd07498bbcc9fffd.jpg

I’m shocked, I didn’t know that some of you guys never heard about churro. I made them once as well. 

15 minutes ago, Diaz said:

I’m shocked, I didn’t know that some of you guys never heard about churro. I made them once as well. 

Different countries, different cuisines like some people might not have heard of falooda or ras malai.

28 minutes ago, Diaz said:

An American friend was shocked I didn't know what tacos were.

I never saw one until I visited the US.

There are no Mexicans here in Pakistan and no Mexican cuisine, authentic or otherwise. So yeah...

On 9/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, Marbles said:

An American friend was shocked I didn't know what tacos were.

I never saw one until I visited the US.

There are no Mexicans here in Pakistan and no Mexican cuisine, authentic or otherwise. So yeah...

Tacos are the best kind of sandwich.

But they're pretty much just like any other meat and veggies sandwich, just with the meat seasoned like tacos and the bread is a tortilla.

Edit: unless pizza counts as a sandwich. If pizza is a sandwich, tacos are second best.

Edited by notme

On 9/25/2019 at 6:36 AM, notme said:

Tacos are the best kind of sandwich.

I was so hooked on burritos I didn't get a chance to eat tacos but once.

Burritos were cheap, tasty and filling so I stuck to them for a week. One a day, sometimes two a day.

(Okay, I just looked it up and burritos and tacos seem to be pretty much the same except the size)

14 minutes ago, Marbles said:

(Okay, I just looked it up and burritos and tacos seem to be pretty much the same except the size)

Tacos have lettuce and tomato in them, and burritos generally don't. Tacos are traditionally served on a crisp corn tortilla "shell", but also sometimes on a soft tortilla. Otherwise, burritos and tacos are the same.

Starter:

IMG_1868.thumb.JPG.9f7e708ca610416e20e5bcca26d8a99e.JPG

Main course:

IMG_1869.thumb.JPG.d2cc242676fcac87646c214db83f6b40.JPG

I was prepared for this and had strategically placed myself opposite this:

FF1BA187-226A-4388-8881-BBEF7B1043AB.thumb.JPG.1f9205fd285fbc1ad0bf93bc79a6aa3f.JPG

Edited by Haji 2003

After a vigorous day of dealing with Democrat duplicities as they publicly panic to spew spin for their vertiginous varications about President Trump , doing some painting and fending off insinuations of verbal child abuse; l decided to relax and celebrate with an slightly more elaborate daily meal. Right now, l am eating:

-potatoe children

-chicken nuggets -halal of course

-and a slice of pizza with 5 kinds of cheese, diced tomatoes -from a can, of course, sliced olives -also from a can, hamburger -halal of course, and after it baked added garlic and saurkraut -both from jars, of course.

-washed down with ginger ale -non-alcoholic, of course.

As @David66 use to close:  :grin: "Cheers"

Forgot: and a pickle for desert.

Edited by hasanhh
Forgot:

9 hours ago, Reza said:

And all this time I thought you were this cultured man of the world...

Americans think there is no life and no culture outside their borders...

Edited by Marbles

Lexiographic Correction: Word Use:

On 9/27/2019 at 5:49 AM, Reza said:

What does this have to do with you?

Sounds like a non-sequitur.

But it does follow, in subject and verb.

On 9/27/2019 at 6:05 AM, Marbles said:

Those who wanted to understand, have understood.

Change of subject by frivolous reply. This is a non-sequitor.

Non-Sequitor means your sentence or argument 'does not follow'. from what was previously stated.

Talking of culture, asked them for some frites to accompany the saumon ecossais. When I asked for the same dish a couple of days ago there was no bread that you see in the background here. If I knew that was coming I would not have asked for the frites. Hang on, I should have, it's on an expense account.

IMG_1876.thumb.JPG.e8ace9508a8c55e00ef5052c9b1b06e2.JPG

Edited by Haji 2003

Actually @Haji 2003, I have never had an opportunity to eat delicate and cultured foods, but that plate of salmon and tomatoes looks delicious. I might have to add something similar to our monthly menu. Do you know what was the seasoning?

1 hour ago, Haji 2003 said:

Talking of culture, asked them for some frites to accompany the saumon ecossais. When I asked for the same dish a couple of days ago there was no bread that you see in the background here. If I knew that was coming I would not have asked for the frites. Hang on, I should have, it's on an expense account.

I’m sorry to ask this, I just hope you won’t mind answering my question. How much did that plate cost?

Edited by Haji 2003

@Diaz The fish, fries and water cost 25 Euros.

1 hour ago, notme said:

I have never had an opportunity to eat delicate and cultured foods

@notme It seemed to have been quite simply made, but was delicious nevertheless. The 'liquor' from the fried tomatoes was nice and tangy, which set off the oiliness of the fish. The tomatoes had capers and fried onions definitely, but I have pretty uncivilised palate and can't really tell more than that.

Edited by Haji 2003