Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Ate: last night's supper was vegetable sandwiches with cheese and hummus.

Eating: cheese toast and coffee with milk. Thinking I'll have a nectarine if there's one left, otherwise an apple.

Will eat: tonight's supper is planned to be basic spaghetti. I might also serve a garlic bread. I picked up some Italian loaves off the discount rack yesterday. We've only got lettuce, tomato, and a bell pepper left for a salad.

6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I had, for my daily meal, chicken nuggets, potatoe children, pizza quarter, a cherry pastry, and soda.

I don't think im the only member waiting for you to post about a day you had "healthy" food. I hope all this junk food is not a side effect of your aversion to marriage :sunglasses:

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I had, for my daily meal, chicken nuggets, potatoe children, pizza quarter, a cherry pastry, and soda.

What on the Earth is potatoe children????

Sends a shiver down my spine everytime I read of you eating children. Who are you??  The witch which tried eating Hansel and Gretel?

And since I am on the criticising campaign today 

On 9/18/2019 at 4:01 AM, Diaz said:

for dinner I had hot dog with French fries and 2 7up diet.

Tooooo many fizzy drinks? Don't you think?

I had rice cooked with chickpeas (chanay walay pulao) with mint & cucumber raita for lunch.

673647318_images(54).jpeg.e4b0e1d8bb0c1055387a888b4e31f68a.jpeg

Will have either tea, coffee or hot chocolate right now. Can't decide.

32 minutes ago, starlight said:

What on the Earth is potatoe children????

Notme asked me this last month. It is an alternative naming for "tater tots".

But be reassured l am not cannibalistic. l do not think l could do this in a halal sort of way.

3 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

I don't think im the only member waiting for you to post about a day you had "healthy" food. I hope all this junk food is not a side effect of your aversion to marriage :sunglasses:

Actually, truthfully NO. Even my uncles agreed that my ex is an outstanding cook, better than my grandmother. Before l was marred to her l never knew what truly good food was. Like my oldest sister and l agreed on, school cafeteria food was excellent compared with our mother's cwap --which the other kids could never understand or relate to.

And for what you refer to as 'junk food' is not junk at all because it has to two primary ingredients for an old, free dotard to eat: halal and cheap.

11 hours ago, starlight said:

Sends a shiver down my spine everytime I read of you eating children. Who are you??  The witch which tried eating Hansel and Gretel?

:hahaha:

I had coffee with milk, but I haven't had any breakfast yet. Might make myself a powdered "nutritional beverage".

I need some new, sugar-reduced recipes. My husband needs to watch his sugar intake; he's pre-diabetic. Plus we probably all eat way more sugar and refined carbohydrates than is healthy.

Menu says we're having burgers for supper, but I'm disinclined to shape the meat into patties. I don't like touching raw meat.

8 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Menu?

You have a menu?

Why not just grab stuff off the shelf?

Oh, that is right, you have children, so restaurateur is one of you work stations. 

It's a shopping list, and also a fallback position. I can always change my mind, but I only have to think about what's for supper once per month.

Though lately, since my people like having the same things over and over, I just reprint the same one every month, so I never need to think of what to cook.

I'm the only one who likes to try new foods.

But as I said before, I'm going to need to incorporate more diabetes friendly meals into our plan, so they'll be forced to try new things and I'll be happy.

11 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Actually, truthfully NO. Even my uncles agreed that my ex is an outstanding cook, better than my grandmother. Before l was marred to her l never knew what truly good food was. Like my oldest sister and l agreed on, school cafeteria food was excellent compared with our mother's cwap --which the other kids could never understand or relate to.

And for what you refer to as 'junk food' is not junk at all because it has to two primary ingredients for an old, free dotard to eat: halal and cheap.

Precisely what I thought. That you are missing out on good food while running away from marriage.

To all the people hasanhh scares off marriage, here is a prime example of how he would be better off married. :D

24 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

That you are missing out on good food while running away from marriage.

Peace in life > Good Food

Why take the risk? :scarerun:

39 minutes ago, starlight said:

Seriously! I'd rather subsist off nothing but plain toast and water than spend a lifetime with either of my exes! (Who both could cook... Hmm. Maybe there is a correlation between being a psycho and being a good cook.)

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Healthy, Happy and Hermit Hasan sounds so much better.

I cannot believe starlight completely agreed with a 'happy Hasan is hermit Hasan".

9 hours ago, starlight said:

This one l do not understand.

Let's get back to food.

I'm having some cocoa husk tea and oh my goodness it's amazingly chocolatey!

Smells like a cup of cocoa, but the taste is not similar to anything I've had.

I recommend it.

On 9/9/2019 at 7:33 AM, Haji 2003 said:

My tagging doesn't work, so I'm quoting to notify. See above for my evaluation of chocolate without any fat or sugar added.

It's good!

55 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

I had to look this up.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ohio-Mulch-Supply-00203-Cocoa-Shell-Potting-Mulch/25517826

But this is not it, is it? So, do you have a link?

This link from search is all l got.

That's actually pretty much it. Until recently, the husks of cocoa beans were only used as mulch, then someone decided to try them as tea. Believe me, I wasn't the first. I read that it was good, and as a person who likes chocolate and tea, I wanted to try it. I don't recommend trying the mulch; go for the food grade packages. I got mine from a tea vendor.

20 hours ago, hasanhh said:

13 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Using your post as a prompt, I changed my daily meal --for today,

I had for my daily meal, chicken nuggets, steak fries, pizza quarter, and a soda.

I do not know if l'II have a pastry or not.

55 minutes ago, notme said:

I got mine from a tea vendor.

I'll have to look in some specialty stores. Two brands l found that are reasonably priced are Mountain Rose Herbs and Martha Washington.

Thanks, l'll share some with my little sister.

On 9/19/2019 at 10:55 PM, habib e najjaar said:

I rephrase: where the greens?

There is some on the soda can and on a leaf decoration n the plate. Besides, l top my own pizza with tomatoes and olives,

On 9/20/2019 at 2:15 AM, Haji 2003 said:

If the nuggets were fried in corn oil would that not count as a vegetable?

I pour oil on the nuggets, either corn or olive. Then bake them with the pizza.