Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

The wrap is made of a rice paper and Amazon in London sell this now. it's quite good as a wrapping instead of the alternatives we are more familiar with.

IMG_0916.thumb.JPG.74a8fb89aa2b83a4114c332c7b5e04df.JPG

New concept place in Hong Kong, guess it is to do with the rising number of millennials. But it does vegetarian, which is the main thing.

F3F51F64-DB59-429A-9663-9AF359C297AD.thumb.JPG.2f1f9f255e22ca7481976246c86b1ed1.JPG

I did not buy this, but the concept seems cool (if you are the person selling it). It's literally a fruit, with the skin peeled off and put into a freezer and stuck onto a stick. Then look at the price.

1 US$=HK$7.85

IMG_1039.thumb.JPG.8124ec072c3f124bad6688d18942cd49.JPG

I was going for this:

4971049.jpg

It came out looking very different and not nearly so nice. My "crust" was tall and puffy and weird, and the vegetables leaked out the sides. Tasted good though. (Cabbage pie.)

19 hours ago, starlight said:

rps20190428_173418_436.thumb.jpg.79d850764cc747987d7b480bc9bd80be.jpg

Lunch with friends.Sorry for the bad camera angle.

Wa Alikum Assalam sister 

Why wasn't I invited :cry:?

Looks like great Pakistani food :cryhappy:

Last week before the holy month of Ramadan. 

I'm trying to invite my cousin over before he leaves town for a home cooked meal with my dh and children and instead he wants to invite me for dinner out and said he would pick up the tab. 

At what point do you stop asking to come for dinner?  How many invites do you extend, until you stop doing so? 

Looool what happened to the ShiaChat poll questions?

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

On 4/29/2019 at 2:48 AM, Laayla said:

Why wasn't I invited 

InshaAllah one day I will get to meet my sisters from ShiaChat.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:48 AM, Laayla said:

At what point do you stop asking to come for dinner?  How many invites do you extend, until you stop doing so? 

Depends upon how close you are with the person. If he is really insisting then maybe you should accept his invitation and reciprocate with a nice tea? 

8 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Back yard BBQ: Hamburgers, salad, homemade cookies and fresh-baked bread.

Cookies and bread cooked outdoors too? 

I've baked bread on fire, but never cookies. Seems feasible though, of course. 

Let’s make this thread alive again. :verryhappy:

AE486E85-CC86-48EA-A6D3-EC1A41BACBBD.jpeg.4baa04869e17932024b61cca24cdb863.jpeg

Ate: Omelette with black olives and cheese. 

Eating: nothing at the moment. 

Will eat: I’m craving Hummus with crackers :( unfortunately we don’t have tahini at home to make it. Guess I’ll just buy it already-made from the grocery store. 

On 4/29/2019 at 8:48 AM, Laayla said:

I'm in the reverse position. My brother's wife never asks us round, ok once or twice a year. So I just pop over and help myself. My family complain about her bad aklaq, but I defend her and say that she never stops me taking food out of her pots or fridge.

Today for iftar I had my favorite food in the world, Salmon, rice and fried potatoes with fresh orange juice. Right now I will eat the leftovers for Suhur with some omelette. 

Edit:- I forgot to tell you guys about my dessert, I had Muhallebiya

Edited by Diaz

When ShiaChat was on top of the game, they would close this thread and open Ramadhan Iftar 2019, I guess it is postponed until next year.  Oh well.  :rolleyes:

Or it could do something new this year and open a thread, what will be your last iftar before Shahir Ramadhan ends lol

Brother @Haji 2003  your brother is the head of the house, shouldn't HE be inviting you over?  Funny  :accident:Are we running a shortage of men, where the wife is the boss of the house?  Or is that one the consequences of leaving the east and living in the west, because the roles are reversed.  :blush:

Edited by Laayla

It's is 28Ramadhan, and I probably missed it, but it is time for ShiaChat's annual 'bad joke':

"Ramadhan is the only time of year when I can get a date."

Meanwhile, as the old commercial said, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing."

For lftar, a bowl of macaroni salad, a skillet of potatoes, 1/3 of a pizza, onion ring, chicken nuggets, and a soda.

:cryhappy:

I'll have a desert after Isha, inshallah.

6 hours ago, Laayla said:

Are we running a shortage of men, where the wife is the boss of the house?  Or is that one the consequences of leaving the east and living in the west, because the roles are reversed. 

Another website I frequent has mainly Trump supporting, Muslim hating, middle-aged white American men, a number of whom seem to be divorced. The accepted wisdom there is that whackjob women do have compensating attributes elsewhere (that we can't discuss in an Islamic forum).

For that reason, I cut them both some slack.

On a side issue, but related to this. I was wondering if the following may have some traction. When we get problematic marital issue threads - I like your no-nonsense, take-no-prisoners approach. Do you think we could set up a thread "Ask Laayla" where you could deal with the issues being raised in the latest such thread, which would avoid creating a flamewar in the OPs thread? 

A bit like "Ask haji", but the latter always had a slightly comic intent, whereas "Ask Laayla" would have the intent of keeping people on the siratulmustaqeem (inshallah).

Edited by Haji 2003

Just to stay on topic:

Currently fasting from food and liquids

but not fasting from writing 

@Haji 2003 please share the Trump website, would like to see the topics they discuss.

You are pushing the envelope Hajj, I'm viewed as traditional, extreme, keyboard warrior, unempathetic, list goes on, I'm sure you have read posts from the sisters who disagree with me.

I frequently ask Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to remove the love of this world from my heart, because dunya is deceiving and makes you crave for more and you are never satisfied.  My opinions are irrelevant, they are JUST mine.  I highly dislike Muslims' watered down version of Islam, no matter where they are in this world.  Those who complain about the cultures and customs of their immigrant parents, don't they realize about their own cultures and customs they have adopted from the Western hemisphere?  I always smirk to myself when tweens, teens, young adults talk about how they can't stand the cultural aspect of their parents, and I'm sure if you talk to those parents they also hate how their children are assimilating to the society and no they are not holding to Islam, every year something disappears.  Hijab gets shorter and tighter, or girls are bare headed, safeera.  Salat is only when I feel like it or not necessary.  Sawm is just traditional, just because everyone is doing it, don't want to be left out.  Muslim names are butchered to two-three letters "Moe, Sam, Joe, TJ, Bob, Al, Zay, Faf"  Very Sad (here I sound like Dump LA)

I think you would be pleasantly surprised if you knew my background or biography.  But I like to practice the way brother @hasanhh is, not to reveal personal information about myself.

As my child now is singing l3antul Allah 3la Ibn Muljim you have almost 3 Billion views of Baby Shark Dance singing do do do do.  (thank God children do not know it) Masha and the Bear (my children watch) at 3.6 Bil

+6.2 Billion Despacito LA, almost reaching the same amount as the world's population.  

I think I should stop now, because my mind is scattered and I need to put my thoughts back together after breaking my fast.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

You are pushing the envelope Hajj, I'm viewed as traditional, extreme, keyboard warrior, unempathetic, list goes on, I'm sure you have read posts from the sisters who disagree with me.

Well, that was my point. If there was a thread dedicated to that approach the snowflakes would know to keep away and those who wanted trenchant would know where to go. Win-win. Indeed snowflakery would be considered off-topic on that thread. The website is liveleak.com and you can adjust the settings so that you don't see any dodgy images. After the New Zealand shootings they had so many anti-Muslim comments that they now only allow you to see the comments if you have an account. But for whatever reason, even though I do, I still can't see the comments and they were the best bit to be honest.

Top 10 Iranian dishes

Top 10 street foods in Iran (amazing street food)

Iran-Top 10 Iranian dishes

Iftar Ep.12_persian roast & rice - brand new Cooking show  (she uses some ingerediants that is not using in Iran like as pine nuts &  cashew , we use roasted pistachio & almond )

Zereshk polo with morgh (traditional way)

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Guest Deeda
58 minutes ago, starlight said:

Ate: made burgers for kids,ate leftover. 

Drank: About 3 gallons of water,juice and soda. 

Drinking: coffee with milk, nutella and cream.

You made burgers for your children and ate their left overs? SubhanAllah, we need to love and respect our mothers, sacrifice upon sacrifice they do for us, until their last day.

Today I had for my iftar kefta with potato and tomato sauce with fake orange juice.

No dessert today, right now I order kfc, waiting for it. I’m Hungry *drool*

21 hours ago, Diaz said:

Today I had for my iftar kefta with potato and tomato sauce with fake orange juice.

No dessert today, right now I order kfc, waiting for it. I’m Hungry *drool*

I have to ask.

What is "fake orange juice"?