Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Chocolate donuts and tea  :eat:

Twice l have noticed you write this. You're choc-aholic l surmise.  :D

l had something more healthy, hamburger on rye with spinach, tomatoe and cheese.

Washed down with de-caff and a vitamin.

21 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Twice l have noticed you write this. You're choc-aholic l surmise.  :D

l had something more healthy, hamburger on rye with spinach, tomatoe and cheese.

Washed down with de-caff and a vitamin.

Yes, chocolate has a special place in my heart :D

I ate some great Belgian chocolates when I was in Brussels last summer :eat:

Oatmeal with pecans and dried cranberries, and coffee with milk.

Tonight's supper plan is roasted potato casserole. Potatoes, onion, peppers, and garlic are cubed, then tossed with olive oil and spices and baked in an open pan until crisp and lightly browned. I have a little leftover beef sausage that I plan to add in. I usually serve it alone or with salad or with bread. 

^ @hasanhh, Bro how can you partially agree with someone's menu plan?

You go along with the potatoes, but you'd leave out the garlic, is that it?

On 9/21/2018 at 11:47 AM, Haji 2003 said:

^ @hasanhh, Bro how can you partially agree with someone's menu plan?

He predicted that I'd forget to add in the minced garlic and would have to use garlic powder at the last minute.  :dry:

Breakfast: two eggs on a tortilla with cheese and hot sauce, and coffee with milk.  The kids ate Cocoa Puffs and husband preferred Shredded Wheat.

Lunch: Apple cinnamon flavored black tea with honey. I wasn't hungry. Maybe I'll snack later. My people had some tea (it was nice), and also noodles and apples.

Supper planned:  Beef and bean enchiladas and salad, by popular request.

9 minutes ago, notme said:

He predicted that I'd forget to add in the minced garlic and would have to use garlic powder at the last minute.  :dry:

No . . . as l explained above, you wrote that you toss your food around. Kind of wasteful l think.

Now l use garlic powder because l can keep the shaker handy on the stove --along with the basil, black pepper, turmeric, salt and ginger-- so l don't have to walk over to the refrigerator.

This will sound odd but in South India people don't eat non-vegetarian for first 11 days of Moharram, I seriously don't understand this ritual but have been badly missing beef and chicken 

And finally tomorrow I am going to eat them 

I made pumpkin and chicken rice, and served with steamed green beans. All my non-vegetarian people liked it. I'll almost definitely have to make it again. 

My vegetarian ate the green beans alone. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

I made pumpkin and chicken rice, and served with steamed green beans. All my non-vegetarian people liked it. I'll almost definitely have to make it again. 

My vegetarian ate the green beans alone. 

What is "chicken rice" ?

4 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

What is "chicken rice" ?

No, no, no. Pumokinandchicken rice. Rice cooked in pumpkin puree and chicken broth with pieces of cooked chicken. Also had olive oil, onion, garlic, rosemary, and a bay leaf. It was amazingly simple, yet delicious. 

9 minutes ago, notme said:

No, no, no. Pumokinandchicken rice. Rice cooked in pumpkin puree and chicken broth with pieces of cooked chicken. Also had olive oil, onion, garlic, rosemary, and a bay leaf. It was amazingly simple, yet delicious. 

Truthfully, l thought you cooked the chicken with rice inside the pumpkin like in stuffed green peppers.

Thanks, now l know.  l am still pretty much at the eggs and toast level.

33 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Truthfully, l thought you cooked the chicken with rice inside the pumpkin like in stuffed green peppers.

That also might be good, but I'm not sure how it would be served. 

On 9/25/2018 at 2:16 AM, hasanhh said:

With a meat clever?  Probably too tough for a knife.

You could use a hatchet, too.

I don't think I'd feel safe sitting at the dinner table with all my family armed with hatchets. :dwarf: Maybe if we had a larger table it would be safe - much larger table.

Anyway...... !

Ate:  I served just macaroni and cheese with peas for last night's supper.

Eating: coffee with milk.  I'm thinking of having something for breakfast, but am not really hungry right now.  

Will eat:  tonight's supper is planned to be a ground beef gravy served as an open faced biscuit sandwich, with a side of broccoli, or maybe green beans.  My people go crazy over it. Not my picture, but mine looks similar to this:

picZ5Hjjx.jpg

My vegetarian kid likes biscuits and he also likes both broccoli and green beans.  Maybe I'll offer him a bit of cheese for some protein.

11 hours ago, notme said:

I don't think I'd feel safe sitting at the dinner table with all my family armed with hatchets. :dwarf: 

Anyway...... !:

picZ5Hjjx.jpg

My vegetarian kid likes biscuits and he also likes both broccoli and green beans.  Maybe I'll offer him a bit of cheese for some protein.

The picture reminded me of the beans & dumplings my grandmother use to make for me --just to be nice.

As far as "safe at the table" my mother was such a bad -even unhealthy rotten- "cook" that a couple of times my dad would have used one on her. My sister, definitely. Me? l was so use-to-it that l'd only get sick a couple of times.

On 9/26/2018 at 3:19 PM, notme said:

Not my picture, but mine looks similar to this:

How similar? I'm getting a little suspicious of these - given how easy it is to take a pic.

It's not the famous McDonald's syndrome is it?

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Haji 2003

21 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

How similar? I'm getting a little suspicious of these - given how easy it is to take a pic.

Maybe mine doesn't look as pretty as the pictures I find on the internet, but they're so delicious, people eat it all up before I can provide photographic proof, so you'll never know. :)

Today's menu is fairly uninteresting:

Breakfast: coffee with milk and whatever leftovers (kids are having saltine crackers, apples, and chocolate milk.)

Lunch: whatever leftovers or easy cook food. I've got some spinach ravioli in the freezer that seems a good lunch 

Supper: burger on bun with baked potato. 

7 hours ago, notme said:

Maybe mine doesn't look as pretty as the pictures I find on the internet, but they're so delicious, people eat it all up before I can provide photographic proof, so you'll never know. :)

Today's menu is fairly uninteresting:

Breakfast: coffee with milk and whatever leftovers (kids are having saltine crackers, apples, and chocolate milk.)

Lunch: whatever leftovers or easy cook food. I've got some spinach ravioli in the freezer that seems a good lunch 

Supper: burger on bun with baked potato. 

It's only when I read this stuff that I remember that you're actually American. That menu is so...white. :woot: