Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:08 PM, Sirius_Bright said:

IMG-20180215-WA0043.jpg

What the dish on the right reminds me of:

A story. From the 50s.

Mom dished up some ice cream with sprinkles on it and gave me one and one to my sister and her friend.

l told my sister's friend when she asked what the sprinkles were that they were chocolate-covered-ants.

Which my sister went along with because that is what we jokingly called them for years.

Her friend believed us and wouldn't eat her ice cream.

So after the two girls left, l ate her ice cream.

1 hour ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

For lunch, I had falafel shawarma. Similar to this image:

image.png.e2f2c87ebe878554db1398095b309471.png

Mmmmm! That looks delicious. I'm a little envious. 

I breakfasted on snack mix:

718gT+TdvuL._SY450_.jpg

And coffee with milk. 

Tonight for supper I'm planning to make beef and bean burritos with a salad. 

1 hour ago, notme said:

Mmmmm! That looks delicious.

Haha, it was. I'm certainly someone that prefers the non-meat option so where others had the chicken filling, I opted for the falafel.

1 hour ago, notme said:

Tonight for supper I'm planning to make beef and bean burritos with a salad. 

That sounds really nice too and is similar-ish to the shawarma (well maybe not the taste but you know what I mean). :) Please remember to take a pic of those burritos to share with us!

4 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Hehe, If you didn't make up your own language half of the time that no one understands I might take you seriously. :grin:

lf wez didn't uz sum kind of standardized langwage, then weed hav nuthin' but ah 'failure to communikate'. [if you saw the movie].

I made overnight oats for the first time and I really liked them. Mine looked similar to the strawberry one on the left-hand-side and I used fat-free yoghurt and almond milk which is naturally low in calories. It was tasty and filling and you can use any toppings that you fancy.

image.png.e2490f8b44436ce026df6c58a98586ee.png

Edited by Heavenly_Silk
Typo.

5 hours ago, Reza said:

For those who use stock images instead of actual photos of their food:

1. They don't have their phones with them all the time.

2. The food was already eaten before an image could be taken. Perhaps the food was that good. 

l guess. Personally l,  l cannot Iook at my own cooking for very Iong.

6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

:cry:"l am afraid to ask, @Heavenly_Silk, but what are "overnight oats"?

They are no-cook method of making oatmeal, instead of on the stove or microwave. You basically measure out the exact same amount of rolled oats, yoghurt, milk and other mix-ins (optional) and leave it overnight in the fridge. You can use either plain or fruit yoghurt and any milk of your choice (I used Almond as mentioned above). You can also add chia seeds, flax seeds, dried fruit, nuts, honey, or even peanut butter. Whatever you fancy really, you can make it healthy or as unhealthy as you like. In the morning, you have pudding-like porridge which is a perfect grab-and-go breakfast. :) 

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

A whole week and no post !

What? Everybody dieting or something?

l am going to have some donuts, coffee and tobacco.

With the new site layout, stuff that doesn't come up to the top of the list on its own at the right time gets missed. I had roasted potatoes and broccoli for supper. It was even better than I expected. Roasted broccoli is delicious. I'm going to make myself a cup of coffee with milk in a few minutes.

Also, I've lost a few pounds on my diet. 

On 4/10/2018 at 4:47 AM, hasanhh said:

A whole week and no post !

What? Everybody dieting or something?

l am going to have some donuts, coffee and tobacco.

Oops posted this yesterday in the wrong place (captured photos thread):

food.jpeg

shop.jpeg.cd19f8445a44b2c86be7133ec4643758.jpegkebab.jpeg.acc3beec31958bd7221ab7531bdfab31.jpeg

Had this chicken kebab salad at this street stall in Singapore recently. Only way you can tell the stall is halal is the hijabis outside. They can't display halal signs because they also sell alcohol. Singapore is a bit fundamentalist in that respect. Lol.

Went here for a lunch while in Hong Kong.

eben.jpeg.e52c47f2a183714afebff19a751709ec.jpeg

Their claim to fame is the biggest alcoholic drinks cabinet(s) I have seen anywhere in any kind of restaurant:

drinks.thumb.jpeg.6537c87256d9ba4b251cb78cc548ebb7.jpeg

Edited by Haji 2003

This was an evening meal while in Hong Kong. Forgot to bring bowl and spoon so improvised. Used the stirrers as chopsticks which was kinda poetic in the circumstances.

fish.thumb.jpeg.ca8e2f346eb40de0909cf95a14c89b3b.jpeg

9 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Is this a warm or cold salad?

Warm. I actually didn't think of it as salad. I called it "macaroni and cheese with tuna and peas". Sadly, my oldest doesn't like cheese, my daughter doesn't like peas, and my youngest doesn't like tuna, so only half of us were happy. 

You won't believe what is made with the following ingredients:

sesame seeds

almonds

ground cardamom

ground cinnamon

honey

mahleb

pecans

pumpkin seeds

puffed wheat cereal

sunflower seeds

@Haji 2003 Ashura cereal.

[Edit] Also called Noah's pudding. The name comes from the historical fact that Noah's ark came to rest on the 10th of Muhharam(Ashura) and it was him who made this for the first time in history using whatever left over supplies he had. 

Desis make haleem on Ashura which is similar in the sense that it also has lots of different types of grains, carbohydrates etc. 

Edited by Nitidum

:clap: l haven't had one of these in decades. For brunch l decided to have an egg sandwich. lt was a double-yoked egg.

l couldn't about believe it. Thinking back, it is over 50 years since l broke open one of those from the farm. Probably early 60s.

But back then l fried it while today l microwaved it. And today is Friday the 13th.

:party: