Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Chose this low cal pizza for dinner tonight. 

Reminds me of when I went to Kansas City and my relatives asked me where I wanted to eat dinner. They had four restaurants picked out and asked me to choose. I said, I've never been to "Pizzeria low cal" and when we arrived I saw their signage said Pizzeria Locale. :D 

2 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

I received a lotus cheesecake today as a welcome back gift from a long holiday and it was DELISH!  

Weren't the leaves kinda chewy? Or did you just have the flower petals?

[obviously, l do not know what a lotus cheesebake is.]

9 hours ago, Reza said:

Yesterday had falafels and onion rings, deep fried!

The only way to do it...

9 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

I received a lotus cheesecake today as a welcome back gift from a long holiday and it was DELISH!  

7 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

IMG_1716.JPG.6972a54a28d11e9ce7caba4239658f8a.JPG

Awww, now you guys have made me hungry! All those sound delicious. I just got back from taking my parents some fig cookies, and have hardly eaten anything in two days. 

They liked the cookies, but didn't want to even taste the fresh figs I brought them. Apparently they only like familiar foods. 

On 8/11/2017 at 11:10 PM, notme said:

Awww, now you guys have made me hungry! All those sound delicious.

I just got back from taking my parents some fig cookies, and have hardly eaten anything in two days. 

They liked the cookies, but didn't want to even taste the fresh figs I brought them. Apparently they only like familiar foods. 

:cry:  After all the work you put into making them. [10Aug post]

8 hours ago, notme said:

Yeah some people only eat what they're familiar with, or what looks "edible" to them. I tried fresh figs much later in life and I liked them. They are tasty but dried figs are tastier and I always have them in winter time along with other dried fruit.

I'll see if I can try the recipe when I get fresh figs next time, but you gotta post a pic of your fig cookies.

7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

:cry:  After all the work you put into making them. [10Aug post]

No they liked the cookies. I also took a handful of fresh figs, which they declined. 

54 minutes ago, Marbles said:

but you gotta post a pic of your fig cookies.

I plan to, but haven't yet gotten them uploaded. It's been a very busy couple days. Later today, inshaAllah.

am going to try a samosa for the first time, but its in the form of cocktail samosa..will update soon. its really good if you love spicy hot things...its like a tiny bread triangle thats toasty and filled with all sorts of red hot cheeto spices, its amazing. i find inner peace when i eat samosa. i find nirvana

Edited by Miss Wonderful

On 11/08/2017 at 8:14 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

IMG_1716.JPG.6972a54a28d11e9ce7caba4239658f8a.JPG

I was listening to a long rant by an Italian about Starbucks and the etiquette about how coffee should be prepared and drunk.

He was as emphatic and animated as only Italians can be and I was enjoying the experience, so I asked him what he thought of Dominos.

Breakfast. Kale (never had it before, but heard good things about it and it was on offer at the supermarket) and tomato smoothie, with lemon and one whole hari mirch. Don't know the English for hari mirch, looks like this:

hari-mirch-250g-600x600.jpg

2 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@notme  l re-read your fig-cookie post and had this thought: can dates be used for cookies?

lf so, how do l start?  l can get my little sister to do the actual cookie dough part.

I've had date cookies that were just like these. I'm sure many different fillings would work: dates, baked apples, nuts in sugar, even possibly chocolate. 

I use this recipe:

http://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/gardens/garden-to-table/homemade-fig-newtons

Except I substituted lemon juice for orange and was pleased with the result. When I made them before I used orange juice, I just didn't have any on hand this time. Either works equally well, in my opinion. 

Inspired by sis @notme's air fried chicken she posted some time ago, I decided to check out and buy an air fryer but no one in town knew what on earth it was. One twit of a salesman even joked, "hehe does it fry air and wind? Strange times we live in." One electronics vendor promised to make inquiries in the capital city and get one for me if possible. I finally got one a couple of days ago. This is the first ever attempt. And wallahi it was worth it!

20170831_220539.thumb.jpg.7ce84305be70262bbc5a78921cff01a0.jpg

@Marbles it's really just a mini convection oven equipped with a basket, as far as I can tell. Everything I've made in mine has turned out great, but it's a little difficult to use for a family of six, if I want everyone's food to be ready at the same time. 

I anticipate using it for lunches for myself and the youngest child while everyone else is away for work or school, starting Tuesday. I've got a bag of frozen okra I want to "fry" up, and the bigger kids don't like it so won't miss it if we eat it all.

On 9/2/2017 at 1:23 AM, notme said:

@Marbles it's really just a mini convection oven equipped with a basket, as far as I can tell. Everything I've made in mine has turned out great, but it's a little difficult to use for a family of six, if I want everyone's food to be ready at the same time. 

Yeah, it's not easy if you're cooking for the family. I had to do two portions of chicken separately to feed three people.

But for an oven it's quite handy for laypeople like me who wouldn't normally use the conventional oven for the extra work needed to operate and clean them.

3 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Yesterday and today I have had freshly sourced...

Mutton karahi

Mutton chops

Fried mutton liver

Mutton pulao

Mutton seekh kabab

Mutton xyz

*burps*

IMG-20170903-WA0005.jpg.f604555ac08bc0557eaeada896624061.jpg

:rolleyes:

For those of you who can't read urdu: 600 people ended up in hospitals in Lahore after eid ul adha feasts. 23 had bones stuck down their throats.lol

22 hours ago, starlight said:

For those of you who can't read urdu: 600 people ended up in hospitals in Lahore after eid ul adha feasts. 23 had bones stuck down their throats.lol

This is the curse of all the innocent goats and cows :shock:

So much more delicious than I was expecting:

IMG_20170906_093604663.jpg

Leftover waffles, toasted, topped generously with a sliced ripe banana, and then covered in homemade apple syrup. 

Planning something resembling this for tonight's supper: 

DSC_0216.jpg

Chicken enchilada lasagna. I've included black beans in the past, and it was good, but this time I'm leaving them out because some of my people don't like them. It's going to have chicken, onion, corn, jalapeños, Monterey Jack cheese, and enchilada sauce, layered between corn tortillas. I might also include black olives, but I'm undecided on that. Black olives have no taste to me, but they're often included in tex-mex style dishes. 

Edited by notme
Dinner