Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Following @starlight medical advice have been taking industrial quantities of garlic with an egg for breakfast. Also add onions, some mushrooms and green chillis. Found that as well as perceptibly improved blood flow, it also likely stopped me having my annual bout of flu.

Son had been having too many days off school for colds so have him on the same regime, but less onions for him and no green chillis. 

Found that using my mums pre-liquidised garlic in a jar made the texture all horrible, so have to cut it myself, then spend 15 mins washing my hands.

They're cooked in rapeseed oil, his is done first so that mine only uses the leftover oil. He also gets a pinch of salt, that I don't.

59247a7276c49_IMG_1485(1).thumb.jpg.bd3493feb7fdbb4d398f06dcd9342e5c.jpg

@Haji 2003 The easiest way to get rid off garlic(and onion!) smell from your hands is to rub fingers with toothpaste or mouthwash. 

I have heard people say rubbing hands on stainless works very well too but I have never tried that. 

@Haji 2003 why not pick up a box of inexpensive food service gloves? 

@starlight stainless steel alone isn't enough, but it does help some. I wash with dish detergent and water, rub hands on stainless steel sink, rinse with lemon juice, then rinse again with water. Or wear gloves. 

17 hours ago, starlight said:

The easiest way to get rid off garlic(and onion!) smell from your hands is to rub fingers with toothpaste or mouthwash. 

Use a good hand sanitizer instead. The one's I have remove the strongest and stubbornest smells up to 98%, like Shikarpuri achaar (pickles).

@Haji 2003

4 minutes ago, Marbles said:

So we had this the other day. Breakfast.

IMG-20170523-WA0002.thumb.jpg.ea71c269e65e10b15baa65b5c56e7d69.jpg

IMG-20170523-WA0001.thumb.jpg.31d95513af7122d859c4a0ac69e6f447.jpg

I gained 10 lbs just looking at that breakfast. 

I'm totally not jealous. No, never. 

I'm having coffee with milk, and a banana and almond butter sandwich. I've got a grapefruit too, if I'm still hungry after the sandwich, but I think I'll be having it for lunch later. 

Edited by notme
Added ate/eating/will eat

2 minutes ago, notme said:

I gained 10 lbs just looking at that breakfast. 

I'm totally not jealous. No, never. 

What can you do, sis, when every 'healthy breakfast' I have ever tried tastes like horse manure!

There's a price to pay for taste. Add 2 hours in the gym to burn it all off.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:49 AM, Marbles said:

So we had this the other day. Breakfast.

IMG-20170523-WA0002.thumb.jpg.ea71c269e65e10b15baa65b5c56e7d69.jpg

IMG-20170523-WA0001.thumb.jpg.31d95513af7122d859c4a0ac69e6f447.jpg

I'm fasting and I'm looking at this now. If brother Marbles was next to me I would have pinched him in his arm, of course he would be wearing long sleeves.

*stomach growling *

REQUEST TO MODS: MONTH OF RAMADHAN THIS THREAD IS LOCKED

OPEN NEW THREAD: IFTAR TONIGHT IS....

9 minutes ago, Laayla said:

I'm fasting and I'm looking at this now. If brother Marbles was next to me I would have pinched him in his arm, of course he would be wearing long sleeves.

*stomach growling *

Don't worry sis, all of us will be joining the Rumbling Stomach Society in a couple of days or so. And like you, I want this thread locked and hidden, till the day of Eid...

Btw, you can't pinch me because I take my safety seriously...

Untitled.png.62f937a13084622850489f895ec85a2a.png

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

What are you saying, you will hit me with a bat?  I wasn't going to aim at the face!  

You made me look at your breakfast pic for the second time and 1.5 hrs left until iftar!

You horrible Muslim, you.

You broke all etiquette rules! Insh'Allah my reward is double from Allah, because this is torture!  If the technology allowed it, you would have attached how it smelled too.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Laayla

24 minutes ago, Laayla said:

You broke all etiquette rules! Insh'Allah my reward is double from Allah, because this is torture!  If the technology allowed it, you would have attached how it smelled too.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

A patient was asking too many questions. The doctor got fed up and told him to take two tablets before waking and two after falling asleep. It would cure his illness. The patient returned a week later and thanked the doc. "It was magical." he said, "I took the tablets as instructed and still saved all of them."

So, sis, close your eyes next time you click on this thread. Problem solved :grin:

What are you saying, you will hit me with a bat?  I wasn't going to aim at the face!  

Noooo, notice that I'm in the defending position, against the sting of the pinch!

29 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

A light supper?  Rice and beans?

Breakfast. Leftover seasoned rice with cashews. 

You can tell it's breakfast because the coffee with milk is there. 

4 hours ago, notme said:

Rice in breakfast? Never heard that before :worried:

3 hours ago, Marbles said:

Rice in breakfast? Never heard that before :worried:

It's good. But I also don't mind omlette and pancakes for dinner. 

2 hours ago, notme said:

It's good. But I also don't mind omlette and pancakes for dinner. 

Omelette can be eaten any hour of the day, twenty-four seven. Eggs are by nature time-neutral.

In my early days of first-time-away-from-home, I used to have an omelette in breakfast, omelette in lunch, and omelette in dinner, because that was the only thing I could make to eat with toasted bread.

14 hours ago, notme said:

What?

You can tell it is supper not by the coffee. You can put the cup down any which way by holding the cup by the rim.

The cue is the correlation of shadow with spoon. Assuming your are a proper Muslima, you eat with your right hand. In the picture, the spoon is on the right and the cup is set further out from the edge of the table than the bowl. The shadow off the chair rungs  is being cast eastwards towards the East.  This means you are sitting on the South side of the table, the Sun is to your left, because of the shadow length shows it is the end of the day.

Of course, you are now going to write that you ONLY sit in the Northeast corner of the table -- like a Yankee.   :D

@hasanhh it's an east facing window, and the dish is on the east side of the table. And I don't have one chair or location where I always sit. If someone else is sitting with me, I usually sit diagonal from them; when everyone is at the table, I sit in the remaining chair. But this meal, I sat alone with my back to the morning sun. 

And this evening I plan to serve waffles for supper. 

8 hours ago, notme said:

@hasanhh it's an east facing window, and the dish is on the east side of the table. And I don't have one chair or location where I always sit. If someone else is sitting with me, I usually sit diagonal from them; when everyone is at the table, I sit in the remaining chair. But this meal, I sat alone with my back to the morning sun. 

And this evening I plan to serve waffles for supper. 

:dwarf: l'm losing my photo-interpretation skill set.

On 5/16/2017 at 1:07 PM, notme said:

Tonight's supper must be early and quick because my husband has an evening class. I'm planning egg salad sandwiches, served with carrot sticks. 

2630923601_29cbe1717f_b.jpg

(Not my picture, but mine might look like this.) 

WHAT!?!?

wHaT¿!¿

h-u-s-b-a-n-d.

My entire existence on shiachat, I've addressed you as bro, thought you were a bro, and quoted you for advice as a bro, BUT YOUR REALLY A SIS?

You know what, it was reverse psychology, the superman avatar made me assume*, and one should never assume* regarding the unknown.

Edited by Bazzi_

1 hour ago, Bazzi_ said:

WHAT!?!?

wHaT¿!¿

h-u-s-b-a-n-d.

My entire existence on shiachat, I've addressed you as bro, thought you were a bro, and quoted you for advice as a bro, BUT YOUR REALLY A SIS?

You know what, it was reverse psychology, the superman avatar made me assume*, and one should never assume* regarding the unknown.

Never heard of Supergirl ?   When notme first used the avatar she wrote it was as in Supergirl

But, l guess she is really the Phyllis Coates type.  :D

Egg salad on bread with baby carrots. Kids lunch stuff,

1 hour ago, Bazzi_ said:

and one should never assume*

Yes sir, one should never assume. Sis notme's avatar is a great consciousness raising exercise. When people see it they assume only a man can have the superhero avatar. But her choice of avatar quietly and persistently questions gender stereotypes.

4 hours ago, Marbles said:

Yes sir, one should never assume. Sis notme's avatar is a great consciousness raising exercise. When people see it they assume only a man can have the superhero avatar. But her choice of avatar quietly and persistently questions gender stereotypes.

My choice of avatar was not intended to make a statement on gender, but it is true that in the real world more women are super heroic than men. My mom, at least one of my sisters, and many of my friends are heroes. 

As I've said before, I chose the Supergirl logo one day when I was feeling particularly heroic, and it's stuck since then. 

I've never pretended to be a male, but I don't think it makes much difference on internet. We know each other by our thoughts and our words, not by our faces and clothing. Often when someone refers to me as "brother" I don't bother to correct them. 

18 minutes ago, notme said:

We know each other by our thoughts and our words, not by our faces and clothing. Often when someone refers to me as "brother" I don't bother to correct them. 

Yeah, at one level our gender, looks, clothing etc make no difference as we know each other by our thoughts and words; but at another level, I do think gender plays an important role in online communication. Gender-based differences in thoughts, worldview, and how we respond to real life situations are inevitably reflected in our online persona.

I once mistook a girl for a guy and made a rather crude remark, which is fine between men, even if said publicly, but entirely inappropriate when said to a female. So I try to ascertain the gender of my interlocutor before addressing them, unless they don't want to reveal it.

3 hours ago, notme said:

As I've said before, I chose the Supergirl logo one day when I was feeling particularly heroic, and it's stuck since then.

Yes, channeling Wonder Woman would be entirely inappropriate for an Islamic forum.

On 5/24/2017 at 7:59 AM, Laayla said:

On 5/24/2017 at 8:19 AM, Marbles said:

And like you, I want this thread locked and hidden, till the day of Eid...

This topic is temporarily locked as you requested. Please post in the new topic for this Holy Month of Ramadan: 

Did you lose weight during the Holy Month of Ramadan? I can lose 10 pounds that month and gain it back during the Eid and the next 3 days. :)