Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Bamboo pickles: 

IMG_20170430_122901482.jpg

From left to right, red chilli hot, jalapeño medium, black pepper mild. 

Actually, we aren't eating them yet. We're letting them marinate a bit first. I tasted the vinegar and spice mixture/solution and predict they will be quite nice.

It looks so... alien. I feel like I'm having an alien sandwich. It's red chilli bamboo shoot pickle with garlic butter on bland American bread. It's good, but only mildly spicy, and it looks much weirder than it tastes. 

IMG_20170501_085732029.jpg

9 hours ago, notme said:

It looks so... alien. I feel like I'm having an alien sandwich. It's red chilli bamboo shoot pickle with garlic butter on bland American bread. It's good, but only mildly spicy, and it looks much weirder than it tastes. 

IMG_20170501_085732029.jpg

:hahaha:  "alien sandwich"

When l first saw it l thought of sea worms from the oceans' depths.

16 hours ago, eve55 said:

I last had spinach, pickle and a bowl of rice.

I'm eating nothing but I'm drinking a cup of black tea now.

Next meal I'd like have some salads.

No protein?? 

20 minutes ago, notme said:

My husband cooked spaghetti. :love:

What do you mean? He boiled spaghetti with nothing ells? No meat sauce?

4 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Pic or it didn't happen?.. just kidding! 

You are only allowed to upload 512kb.

5 hours ago, Reza said:

What are these?

Basically, you beat a few eggs, add some onions, fresh chili, tomatoes, salt, pepper, garam masala, beat it all up and stick it on the frying pan. Then finish it off under the grill - well that is the recipe that I used, I didn't really taste the way that I was hoping.

@Ali_Hussain We never put garam masala in omelettes, and it can be cooked in the frying pan. No need to put it under the grill. 

Seeing you have failed marvellously at Pakistani omelettes I suggest you get a pakistani wife ASAP. 

Agreed with @starlight I have never seen garam masala in an omelette or the need to grill it (How do you grill an omelette anyway?)

But the rest is a pretty accurate way to make a Pakistani-style omelette. I add a wee bit of milk to make it fluffy and soft. If you don't take care it ends up like a shriveled cheechra.

40 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

You are only allowed to upload 512kb

Resize it.

^ looks delicious!

Lunch: my daughter used to have a sensitivity to wheat. She grew out of it, but not before she got us all hooked on hummus with tortilla chips. My toddler son and I lunched on tortilla chips with hummus, "string cheese", and Golden Delicious apples. 

Tonight's supper must be early and quick because my husband has an evening class. I'm planning egg salad sandwiches, served with carrot sticks. 

2630923601_29cbe1717f_b.jpg

(Not my picture, but mine might look like this.) 

On 14/05/2017 at 2:14 PM, Ali_Hussain said:

I made a Pakistani style omelette (although tbh I didn't get the flavour down just right,  but still it wasn't bad)

Ooh wow....what went in it?

On 15/05/2017 at 9:31 AM, Ali_Hussain said:

You are only allowed to upload 512kb.

Basically, you beat a few eggs, add some onions, fresh chili, tomatoes, salt, pepper, garam masala, beat it all up and stick it on the frying pan. Then finish it off under the grill - well that is the recipe that I used, I didn't really taste the way that I was hoping.

Just saw this now. Yes i'd agree with other posters....don't put garam masala in it. Your attempt wasn't a marvelous fail though....slight exaggeration

I would have chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped fresh dhaniya, salt, red chilli powder, bit of dhaniya powder or zeera powder if you really want it.

42 minutes ago, lalala123 said:

Just saw this now. Yes i'd agree with other posters....don't put garam masala in it. Your attempt wasn't a marvelous fail though....slight exaggeration

I would have chopped onion, chopped green chillies, chopped fresh dhaniya, salt, red chilli powder, bit of dhaniya powder or zeera powder if you really want it.

My computer is completely broken now and for some reason when I post a link from my phone it doesn't show up. Or else I would post a link to the recipe I followed and expose the real culprit - who happens to be a woman following her mum's recipe.

5 minutes ago, Ali_Hussain said:

My computer is completely broken now and for some reason when I post a link from my phone it doesn't show up. Or else I would post a link to the recipe I followed and expose the real culprit - who happens to be a woman following her mum's recipe.

Well my mum's recipe is better and isn't going to make you vomit. :tongueangry:

Just now, Ali_Hussain said:

Although I was seriously thinking of asking Marbles or Darth Vadar for a recipe. As by and large women are naught but competent amateurs.

:tongueangry:

So i found the recipe and you can tell it's completely wrong just by looking at it.  It's way too thick....

1 minute ago, Laayla said:

@Ali_Hussain

Assalam Alikum Brother,

*TRUMP VOICE*

Your egg omelette was a disaster and just make a mental note or write it down and stick it on the fridge, DO NOT USE GM ON EGGS! I WON'T EVER TAKE ANOTHER RECIPE FROM AN INDIAN IMMIGRANT.

/END VOICE

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

That was a really great trump impression,  just super.

I'll build a wall to keep GM out, and make her pay for it.

In the immortal words of bush, you fool me once, shame in you, you fool me twice...shame on...you, me? :ko:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum 

Last night was special.  I had relatives over from back home.  After calling upon Sayyida Zahraa to help me with my sickness, she interceded Alhamd'Allah and I was doing much better.

I made fatoush, cauliflower soup, french fries, and vegetarian kibbie (used tomatoes instead of raw meat).  Also, on the table stuffed grape leaves my aunt made and I ordered fried fillet fish.  Everyone enjoyed the meal. A wonderful feeling feeding our loved ones.

I only ended up eating the soup, because I had no desire to eat.  

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah