Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

Posted Images

• Veteran Member

I went to the warehouse yesterday and bought a crate of chicken nuggets.

l cooked a ~2 foot circular sheet of them. Plus lranian Fries.

This filled a salad bowl to heaping.

Ate all in one sitting --in front of the TV , which is about the obvious location for indulgences like this.

:eat:

Fell asleep --or passed out-- of course.

On 2/10/2017 at 7:07 PM, hasanhh said:

lranian Fries.

What are Iranian Fries?

Iranians have the same fries as anyone else in the world.

• Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, Marbles said:

I had a classic club sandwich on a family outing.

I also had crème brûlée in dessert.

I'm posting it separately because this useless website would not let post pics if the total size exceeds half an MB.

20170403_165349.thumb.jpg.0ce4e86cdf5e77323c04da34d5af109a.jpg

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, starlight said:

20170415_124921.thumb.jpg.c70fcce0abeee20415a612edc464d31a.jpg

Molten lava cake and ice cream. 

Disclaimer for @hasanhh it was a kids treat. I had just two spoonfuls.:itsok:

Are they all in dentures now?   :D

:missing: sniff, sniff The Dental Bills. And you were posting yesterday about thriftiness.  

:shock: l am disappointed. 

Joke over, have a good day, uhty.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Shaykh Patience101 said:

I've only eaten pierogies a few times, but enjoyed them every time. I should find a recipe and make them.

2 hours ago, magma said:

Greek food (also known as Mediterranean food, also known as Arab food).

They stole our sciences, clearly our food joints were next...

I love Greek/Mediterranean/Arab food!

Will eat: I've got a chicken stew simmering, then I'm going to put it into a pot pie. 

• Veteran Member

It was called Fish Spinaci on the menu. Pan fried Vietnamese pangasius coated in some sort of creamy sauce served with rice.

It was [edited out] delicious...

20170411_212709.thumb.jpg.8ce979af508780a6c8e0d44286de9d30.jpg

Edited by Marbles
  • Moderators
On 4/19/2017 at 0:32 AM, Marbles said:

Pan fried Vietnamese pangasius coated in some sort of creamy sauce served with rice.

I used to keep a lot of aquaria, and pangasius sutchi were one fish that I kept. They are called irridescent sharks, but they aren't closely related to sharks. They're not very good to keep in tanks, but I didn't know that when I got them. They were very sensitive to noise or movement, and would run into the glass and injure themselves when startled. In a quiet location, they were lovely to watch though. They ended up being one of my favorites. 

So you say my pets would have been delicious with creamy sauce and rice. Hm. 

• Forum Administrators

Monday morning I had this snack, banana cake and a drink. I'd be doing 25km of cycling later so reckoned the sugar would help:

IMG_1456.thumb.jpg.af16234e2462cb10b13dc83aedc5a270.jpg

After the bike ride I was famished and decided to splurge some cash, went to a fancy Lebanese place, complete rip-off, this cost HK$300 (US$38), ok so there was also 750ml of Pellegrino water:

IMG_1459.thumb.jpg.0cd53b415faa0c54ee7230f9a12619e3.jpg

This is more my style, customisable McDonalds, ate the food before I could take a pic, but here's the receipt, US$8.35:

IMG_1462.thumb.jpg.67a8a2832d93edec2ecb8d88d1d437ac.jpg

On the way back to London, followed the Haji tradition of having a Popeye's at Hong Kong airport, the only halal outlet there and obviously we have to make sure they stay in business and the only time in the year I have fried chicken:

IMG_1464.thumb.jpg.8b5913c7a47431f7f7be1e407054a2a5.jpg

OK, you know in some airports you have to put anything with liquids in it in a clear bag (that they give you), here's a use for that bag when you eat food you brought along with you in your hotel (because it's healthier/cheaper):

IMG_1460.thumb.jpg.64cd9e99a8cb4e007f4605df48a4dcda.jpg

• Moderators

Bamboo shoots, freshly harvested. Honestly, they weren't awesome, just alright. Tomorrow I'll get some canning jars inshAllah, and pickle them. I was really hoping they'd be delicious enough to justify all the work involved in their preparation. Maybe the pickled ones will be better than just plain. 

We have to remove them anyway our they'll overrun the place, so being able to eat them is just a bonus. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, notme said:

Bamboo shoots, freshly harvested. Honestly, they weren't awesome, just alright. Tomorrow I'll get some canning jars inshAllah, and pickle them. I was really hoping they'd be delicious enough to justify all the work involved in their preparation. Maybe the pickled ones will be better than just plain. 

We have to remove them anyway our they'll overrun the place, so being able to eat them is just a bonus. 

Bamboo is an amazing plant subhanAllah, so many uses and so resilient. You can use it for construction, water collection, weapons etc, etc.

But what does it taste like and how do you cook it, you boil it right?

Does it taste and have the consistency of artichoke?

Edited by IbnSina
  • Moderators
3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Bamboo is an amazing plant subhanAllah, so many uses and so resilient. You can use it for construction, water collection, weapons etc, etc.

But what does it taste like and how do you cook it, you boil it right?

Does it taste and have the consistency of artichoke?

We have an infestation of invasive golden bamboo, and I'm trying to get rid of it, but I can't help but admire the plant too. It's strong, resilient, and even beautiful. The taste somewhat resembles cauliflower. 

You have to dig up the shoots when they are about a foot tall. Skip a day and they'll be over your head and much too woody to eat. You split them lengthwise and pull out the tender yellow "ladder", which you boil in salted water until crisp-tender and all traces of bitterness gone. (Mine weren't bitter to start. I tasted.)

From there, you can store them in the fridge in salt water for up to a week, or pickle them to store refrigerated for up to a year, or water bath can the pickled shoots to store on the shelf for a year or more.

If you are in the United States, I might be able to send you a jar. I'd only ask for the cost of packaging, shipping, and the jar itself. The pickled bamboo shoots can be yours for free (plus shipping and handling).

• Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, notme said:

We have an infestation of invasive golden bamboo, and I'm trying to get rid of it, but I can't help but admire the plant too. It's strong, resilient, and even beautiful. The taste somewhat resembles cauliflower. 

You have to dig up the shoots when they are about a foot tall. Skip a day and they'll be over your head and much too woody to eat. You split them lengthwise and pull out the tender yellow "ladder", which you boil in salted water until crisp-tender and all traces of bitterness gone. (Mine weren't bitter to start. I tasted.)

From there, you can store them in the fridge in salt water for up to a week, or pickle them to store refrigerated for up to a year, or water bath can the pickled shoots to store on the shelf for a year or more.

If you are in the United States, I might be able to send you a jar. I'd only ask for the cost of packaging, shipping, and the jar itself. The pickled bamboo shoots can be yours for free (plus shipping and handling).

I see, thank you for the information and offer! But I am not in the US nor do they allow me to enter, maybe one day when I come uninvited :)