Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, Zarla said:

Pirashki. 

I didn't know what this is so I looked it up. Now I have to make it. Is there any particular recipe that you recommend?

2 hours ago, notme said:

I didn't know what this is so I looked it up. Now I have to make it. Is there any particular recipe that you recommend?

My sister made them, and she used custard for the filling. You can make it sweet or savoury. I don't know of any good recipes tbh.

Edited by Zarla

59 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Lunch on the move.

A cold sandwich from Gloria Jeans...

It looks bland and squishy.

_____

I cleaned out the fridge and blended all the fruit that people were ignoring for too long with some yogurt and honey. (Kiwi, lemons, blueberries) Its taste is good, but kiwi blended texture is always strangely gritty. But I don't like to let food go to waste, so I'm content with it. 

Edited by notme
Autocorrect incorrect

Just ate :Halva puri for breakfast washed down by a mug of hot chai.

rps20170311_091639_912.jpg.c1328dc1881f648538071ae10a1277e7.jpg

Desperate times call for desperate measures! 

When I got on the scales this morning I found I had lost another kg so I went out and bought this fat and calorie laden breakfast, much to my mother's chagrin who is on a constant jihad against food from outside. 

Two puris later..... 

Craving for street food.Satisfied.

Operation weight loss.Sabotaged.

Impending fear of getting slim.Eased.

Will eat: there's a strawberry cheese swirl coffee cake calling my name. I don't usually prefer sweet breakfast but I'll make an exception just this once.

7356bf6ae0c54a89005f060d950f9323.jpg

@Marbles

I read you post about adopting hamburgers.

TRIVIA: the first hamburger chain in America is White Castle, --founded 1922 as l remember off-hand. Hamburger which was and still is ground-up meat strips was thought-of as such poor  eating that people would not buy it from their butchers --unless desperately poor. Starting White Castle changed that, but parents still admonished about hamburgers into the  mid 1960s --usually saying it was not a 'balanced meal.

Ever notice that modern cattle have big, thick necks? That is a major source of hamburger.

"Bring n share" for lunch at work yesterday for a colleague's leaving do. 

So here we have Tandoori roast chicken, Samosas, Pakoras, Chinese stir fry noodles, Pav Bhaji and some homemade chilli sauce courtesy of our boss (bottle behind the mug). 

IMG_1417.JPG

We also had Rajma (red kidney bean dal), Paratha's, freshly made Waffles with nutella as the team decided to invest in a waffle maker! (sorry, pic slightly blurry).IMG_1418.JPG

Also had Choclate cake but I forgot to take a pic of that, but this is the one (Google images). 

IMG_1421.JPG

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

Seasoned ground beef potato pie. It resembled this:

c5805e5dd2ad02ff12068cd63f461823.jpg

Served with a variety of raw vegetables and dressings for dipping. 

The beef was seasoned with onion, garlic, turmeric, parsley, tomato paste, molasses, and salt, then simmered with shredded potatoes. This time I wrapped it in premade croissant dough (bread in a can) but next time I'll use real homemade bread. It was delicious. (But the crust was too soft and fragile.) This is likely to be added to our regular rotation. 

Edited by notme

1 hour ago, notme said:

Seasoned ground beef potato pie. It resembled this:

c5805e5dd2ad02ff12068cd63f461823.jpg

Served with a variety of raw vegetables and dressings for dipping.

) This is likely to be added to our regular rotation. 

ls that "stomach rotation"? 

:sorry:    Sorry, l just couldn't resist. My joke-ment is a consequence of my mother's terrible kitchen practice.

11 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

ls that "stomach rotation"? 

:sorry:    Sorry, l just couldn't resist. My joke-ment is a consequence of my mother's terrible kitchen practice.

Menu rotation! :threatenlumber:

I make a monthly menu for planning and grocery shopping. Favorite foods tend to recur each month. For example, I can't remember the last time we've gone an entire month without my famous 7-can vegetarian chili. 

46 minutes ago, notme said:

Menu rotation! :threatenlumber:    ---> My head would hurt. Ouch.

I make a monthly menu for planning and grocery shopping. Favorite foods tend to recur each month. For example, I can't remember the last time we've gone an entire month without my famous 7-can vegetarian chili. 

Actually, really curious, what is "7-can vegetarian chiIi"???

30 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Actually, really curious, what is "7-can vegetarian chiIi"???

3 cans different kinds of beans (black, red, pinto, for example) drained and rinsed

1 can diced tomatoes (with chilis if I have it)

1 can tomato sauce, any style (usually spaghetti sauce)

1 can condensed tomato soup

Pick one or more from: 1 can corn (drained) or leftover cooked meat or vegetarian meat substitute (tvp) or another can of beans (drained and rinsed)

A whole lot of taco seasoning. (We buy bulk containers of it.) 

Add water if it is too thick.

Serves all six of us, and sometimes a little is left over.  We usually have it with tortilla chips, but corn bread or rice sometimes. I usually put our favorite hot sauces on the table for those who like it spicy.

Super quick, super easy, and my family loves it.

Also freezes well, in individual portions for enjoying later. 

And yes, I realize the name is wrong. It should be called 6 to 8 can chili, but it's not. 

13 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Belgian chocolate milkshake. 

You are obviously a "choc-a-holic" or "chocoholic"  --an American women's expression for women who cannot get by more than an hour without a piece of chocolate. Chocolate plus alcoholic.

l had a re-worked-at-home-store-bought-pizza.

Store bought cheese-only pizza and added:

pre-baked steak, which l cut up into pieces with a pair of scissors

chopped bamboo

chopped onions

covered with olive oil

Baked 22minutes, cooled in oven 10 minutes, ...

washed down with root beer  :eat:

Unusually good.

Edited by hasanhh

37 minutes ago, hasanhh said:
14 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

You are obviously a "choc-a-holic" or "chocoholic"  --an American women's expression for women who cannot get by more than an hour without a piece of chocolate. Chocolate plus alcoholic.

:) I am no where near a chocoholic. I can easily go weeks or months without having something "chocolatty" as my favourite flavour is strawberry. 

Your Pizza sounds nice although I would have added pineapple of course! 

Lunch:

IMG_1435.JPG

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

4 hours ago, Marbles said:

Oh wow, you're the first girl ever who can go weeks or months without chocolate...

:grin:

It's easy. I can do it.

But I'm not a girl, I'm a supermom. 

The pancakes look lovely, light and fluffy and perhaps buttery.

@hasanhh's pizza sounds good too, though I'm skeptical of the bamboo. I've got a forest of bamboo that I'm working on eliminating. I really can't think of it as edible in spite of the fact that I've eaten bamboo shoots in the past. 

Will eat: I'm waiting for my new kitchen gadget to arrive, an "air fryer". It claims to make food taste fried with only the smallest amount of oil. I figure I'll try it out on french fries with tonight's supper, or if it doesn't arrive until too late, with tomorrow's supper and today we will have beans and corn bread instead. (Though I do wonder how well corn bread batter would air "fry".)

5 hours ago, Marbles said:

Oh wow, you're the first girl ever who can go weeks or months without chocolate...

:grin:

Really? Lol. 

4 hours ago, hasanhh said:

This is why l kinda don't believe her.   :grin:

I'm not denying not liking it....a lot! I know lots of ladies that can stay away from it as I do and even some who never consume any. :grin:

8 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Really? Lol. 

I'm not denying not liking it....a lot! I know lots of ladies that can stay away from it as I do and even some who never consume any. :grin:

lf you say so.

2] @notme  The bamboo you are trying to eradicate is most likeIy inedible. You eat the stuff that comes in jars at the store.