Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

Meal 1  : 3 eggs , 3 slices of wheat bread and 300ml of milk.

Meal 2 :Chicken breast, avocado and pasta.

Meal 3 : Banana, milk and yoghurt

Meal 4 : Cottage cheese , kiwi and peanutbutter.

32 minutes ago, notme said:

I make halal meatloaf burgers. My family likes them better than plain beef. 

Recipe, please. :) 

17 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Recipe, please. :) 

I don't really use a recipe. I've been making meatloaf since I was 12 and helping my mom to make it before that. I just use ground beef, bread crumbs (more than you think is enough), or better yet stuffing mix if I have some on hand, eggs, maybe a bit of garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, sometimes parmesan if I feel like it. Then, instead of making a loaf I shape it into individual burgers, bake or grill, then serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles, whatever people like. 

Goes great with oven fries. 

16 hours ago, notme said:

I don't really use a recipe. I've been making meatloaf since I was 12 and helping my mom to make it before that. I just use ground beef, bread crumbs (more than you think is enough), or better yet stuffing mix if I have some on hand, eggs, maybe a bit of garlic, onion, Italian seasoning, sometimes parmesan if I feel like it. Then, instead of making a loaf I shape it into individual burgers, bake or grill, then serve on a bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles, whatever people like. 

Goes great with oven fries. 

My mother would add oats to ground beef to make the meatloaf larger to feed more people. Meatloaf burgers sounds tasty. Thanks for your recipe. :) 

1 minute ago, hameedeh said:

My mother would add oats to ground beef to make the meatloaf larger to feed more people. Meatloaf burgers sounds tasty. Thanks for your recipe. :) 

Oats?  Did she wet them first, or put them in dry?  I'd like to try that, it sounds healthier than bread crumbs, and tasty.

2 minutes ago, notme said:

Oats?  Did she wet them first, or put them in dry?  I'd like to try that, it sounds healthier than bread crumbs, and tasty.

Dry oats. The eggs will wet them up fine. Just mix everything together in the bowl.

Yesterday's supper, red beans cooked in leftover turkey noodle soup, over rice:

IMG_20170215_172455703.jpg

And today, this is how you feed six people and have leftover, with only two pieces of chicken breast: chicken with green beans, onion gravy, and rice. 

IMG_20170216_172357350.jpg

We haven't eaten yet, but it smells delicious. 

Saturday Morning Breakfast, post Fajr:

l had a Happy Hasan Hand-picked Sandwich.

Happy -because l knew it will be good

Hasan -that's me

Hand-picked -because that is how l grabbed stuff out of the fridge.

Today's recipe: toast two bread slices; microwave the egg until slightly rubbery (so it holds together), had previously baked a slice of steak and a potatoe cake, added lettuce and cheese slice. Stack and press. Consume at a leisurely pace with grapefruit juice and fries-on-the-side.

Now l gotta decide on Brunch.

Had a stressful day, ended up skipping both lunch and dinner. Now its midnight and all of a sudden I am feeling ravenously hungry..This is the only choice available.... unfortunately neither very healthy nor very palatable :(

rps20170220_235552_814.jpg.2d1d1d58ef2d86bfe4e7e10058efc204.jpg

14 hours ago, starlight said:

Had a stressful day, ended up skipping both lunch and dinner. Now its midnight and all of a sudden I am feeling ravenously hungry..This is the only choice available.... unfortunately neither very healthy nor very palatable :(

Bombay Bad Boy lool. I tried it once but couldn't understand its taste. If I remember it right after a decade, it's hot without being spicy and it has a very non-descript taste...

How about the pizza I'm eating? Want a slice?

20170215_142558.thumb.jpg.1d26cd67b58e65b2506a68ab5ead3cf9.jpg

Ate: toasted coconut chips. I should learn how to make these.

Dang-Caramel-FI-350x336.jpg

Eating: fig-coffee-yogurt smoothie. I'm undecided whether I like it or not, but I'm sure I'd like it more if I'd had a half banana to throw in. 

IMG_20170221_094612969.jpg

Will eat: supper menu says bean burgers. I've got pinto beans in the crock pot, and I'm about to start some dough for buns. I'm planning to serve with lettuce and sliced tomato, and a side of oven fries. 

48 minutes ago, alHussein said:

Does anybody know a good chicken nugget recipe? I like healthy homemad chicken nugget but I don't know what to roll it into instead of crispbread. I don't want to mix extra carbs with proteins.

I've always used bread crumbs, but chickpea flour might work? Or make it lower carb by mixing powdered parmesan cheese with the bread crumbs? 

Hopefully someone has made low carb/no carb chicken nuggets before and can help you. Otherwise just experiment. 

Ate: the pinto beans burgers came out great, much better than store bought, but I didn't get a picture.

Eating: but here's some home made bread toasted with homemade fig jam, half a navel orange, and coffee with milk.

IMG_20170222_101025679.jpg

I should sell my fig jam. But then it would become common. As it is now, only my family and a few close friends have ever eaten it. It's sooooo good! 

45 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

@notme Are you sure you studied civil rather than chemical engineering?

I've been cooking since I was about 12 and helping my mom cook before then. Only, my mom prefers almost no spice so I'm still learning spices and seasonings, and my family when I was a child had a rotating menu of about six meals. 

Let me think, what did we eat when I was young?

1. Spaghetti with meat sauce

2. Baked chicken

3. Tacos/taco salad

4. Burgers and fries

5. Fish sticks or breaded fish filets

6. Pot roast with potatoes and carrots.

We didn't eat a lot of vegetables. Both of my parents are good cooks, and every once in a while Mom or Dad would make something special, but when the kids cooked, which was most of the time, we didn't have much variety, much spice, or much green. 

On 2/22/2017 at 10:16 AM, notme said:

Ate: the pinto beans burgers came out great, much better than store bought, but I didn't get a picture.

There are store bought pinto bean burgers? This is news to me! Can you please share your recipe? @notme

2 hours ago, hameedeh said:

There are store bought pinto bean burgers? This is news to me! Can you please share your recipe? @notme

Well there are store bought bean burgers. I don't know what kind of beans. My family sometimes eats the Morningstar Farms Chipotle Black Bean Burger, but there are other varieties available too. One might be pinto. All beans taste like beans to me. 

I shared my recipe in the topic on vegetarian food on a budget.

On 2/21/2017 at 4:21 AM, Marbles said:

Bombay Bad Boy lool. I tried it once but couldn't understand its taste. If I remember it right after a decade, it's hot without being spicy and it has a very non-descript taste...

How about the pizza I'm eating? Want a slice?

20170215_142558.thumb.jpg.1d26cd67b58e65b2506a68ab5ead3cf9.jpg

You have very girly hand my friend.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

l'II have just half the banana. 

I didn't even eat the banana. After the chicken sandwich, I was content. I had the banana for lunch.