Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

Posted Images

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Lover of Ahlulbait (ams) said:

Had this few days ago

Peppy paneer Pizza: paneer, crisp capsicum, Red paprika and onions. 

That is the most cheerful looking pizza I've ever seen!  Must try this some day. 

• Veteran Member
1 minute ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I like the veggies but I am not sure about the daal, looks like I won't like it.

This is a fairly thick daal but it can be as thin as soup, so you can eat it with a spoon, which brings it closer to those lentil soups I once tried in England.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

I like the veggies but I am not sure about the daal, looks like I won't like it.

It's a bit like refried beans, but with a South Asian flavor.  I think this is red or yellow lentils, right @Marbles?

I've made thick daal and daal soup, and I liked both, but none of my people would touch it, thick or thin.  They only like "normal" (i.e. familiar) food.

• Development Team
3 hours ago, notme said:

It's a bit like refried beans, but with a South Asian flavor.

Okay, sounds pretty good to me. I really loved biryani though, it reminds me of

3 hours ago, notme said:

They only like "normal" (i.e. familiar) food.

Normal for me is Greek, Thai, Chinese and Mexican, lol. I can't stand bland food, must be why people are so fat these days. All they eat is filling deep fried food with a bland flavor, kind of sad to be honest. I need my spices, herbs and vegetables.

• Veteran Member
42 minutes ago, notme said:

It's a bit like refried beans, but with a South Asian flavor.  I think this is red or yellow lentils, right @Marbles?

Yep, yellow lentils - daal moong.

mong.thumb.jpg.9ee3c478925c2ac61eb630d79c99a6a6.jpg

3 minutes ago, hayaah said:

@Marbles can I have some please? :eat: 

khane peene ke maamle mein hamara koi mazaaq nahi hai :itsok:

Edited by Marbles
  • Development Team
1 minute ago, hayaah said:

But I thought we were followers of prophet mohammed (pbuh) :cry:

It's a sunnah? The closest I come to sharing is giving someone needy the remainder of my portion as I make myself another portion of food. I would never let anyone (grown-ups) pick food off my plate. That is a violation of my space. As for kids, they have to ask for my permission first.

23 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

It's a sunnah? The closest I come to sharing is giving someone needy the remainder of my portion as I make myself another portion of food. I would never let anyone (grown-ups) pick food off my plate. That is a violation of my space. As for kids, they have to ask for my permission first.

Yes its sunnah. :)

Well,  since I am an adult I will have to nick the food off your plate. :shifty:

• Moderators

I made this:

IMG_20170204_141554970.jpg

Yes, one has a bite taken. My daughter claims that one. I mixed the dough in my bread machine, then rolled and baked normally. They're good, but next time I'll roll them just a little thinner. 

I actually pretty closely followed this recipe: https://www.google.com/amp/www.food.com/amp/recipe/bread-machine-naan-98512?client=ms-android-verizon

Except I eyeballed it instead of measuring. 

Edited by notme
Added recipe.
  • Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, notme said:

Those naan look delicious. A reader at the site said she uses the leftover to make pizzas. I don't think I would have leftovers. :woot:

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Those naan look delicious. A reader at the site said she uses the leftover to make pizzas. I don't think I would have leftovers. :woot:

It makes only six pieces by the recipe, but next time I'll make them thinner. I think it'll make 7-8. 

• Veteran Member
7 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

=D

• Veteran Member
4 hours ago, notme said:

It makes only six pieces by the recipe, but next time I'll make them thinner. I think it'll make 7-8. 

Have you tried making peshwari naan? i make it with coconut, honey, raisens and pistacio nuts. You wont leave it alone if you do!

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Ruq said:

Have you tried making peshwari naan? i make it with coconut, honey, raisens and pistacio nuts. You wont leave it alone if you do!

This today was my first attempt at naan. I'll have to look up a recipe, that sounds good.

• Veteran Member
12 hours ago, notme said:

This today was my first attempt at naan. I'll have to look up a recipe, that sounds good.

O! by the look of them i thought this was an established bake in your repertoire. Very good!

• Veteran Member

Lunch on the move again. I had no time to stop for a proper meal so grabbed this from Shangri-La bakery.

This is our desi version of cold sandwich, with a dark green blob of spicy coriander chutney and a sachet of chili garlic sauce (that went untouched).

20170206_161803.thumb.jpg.64e8268b906d8bb09906e32ea4625e5d.jpg

I have almost given up on fizzy drinks. I used to drink them every other day, sometimes daily, even twice or thrice a day *shakes head*

I'm proud to say that I drank only two 250 ml bottles of fizzy poison in the last four weeks. This is why I had...

20170206_162148.thumb.jpg.554d1a2c3c65398a641b7e9d35787e1e.jpg

• Forum Administrators
19 hours ago, hasanhh said:

I ate: 1 steak sandwich ... Iranian fries

What are these foods?