Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

On 1/31/2017 at 9:12 PM, Heavenly_Silk said:

LOL! You will not believe one of them bullies the others and tries to have all the seeds and bread to him/herself. :)

Also just so I stay on topic.... Shiachatters, have some they are good for you! I just had some :grin:.

Organic-Walnut-Kernel-with-Top-Quanlity-

One of my favourite raw bars to make is toasted walnuts with dates - so, so good and so easy and quick to make with a food processor.

6 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

I used to have so many of these when I was at school! British version is Dairylea.

kraft-dairylea-cheese-triangles-BHMHCM.j

I had Dairylea on toast for breakfast =D! i cut the toast through the middle to make 2 thin slices and spread the triangle on them and sandwiched them together and poured baked beans over the top post-73242-0-22240800-1366584749.gif I think maybe i invented this dish.

14 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Try a pizza with sauerkraut and onions to go with halal meat and thick cheese.

What is a 5-day? l dare ask.

Do you make your own sauerkraut? a month or so back i was regularly forcing myself to eat tinned sardines. The task became harder and harder but, on a whim whilst sidling down the World Foods aisle, i bought some pasturised sauerkraut and paired it with the sardines, which improved them immeasurably. I was pleased to find out that sauerkraut can improve your gut bacteria (i'd just binged on 'diet' soda sweetened with aspartame, recklessly endangering my intestinal ecosystem), but i soon found out that pasturisation kills the good bacteria in the sauerkraut. I'd like to make my own sauerkraut but dont trust myself not to poisen myself (and anyone else who cares to sample it). Its clear to me that you know your way around a fermented vegetable or two, so what dya reckon? how best to proceed?

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

When is it de rigueur for you guys to have baked beans?

Lunch, dinner, supper. We like them with corn bread or rice. The combination of the beans with rice or beans with corn makes a complete protein. 

6 hours ago, Ruq said:

I had Dairylea on toast for breakfast =D! i cut the toast through the middle to make 2 thin slices and spread the triangle on them and sandwiched them together and poured baked beans over the top post-73242-0-22240800-1366584749.gif I think maybe i invented this dish.

I used to have these individual cheese slices or cheddar cheese on toast and pour beans on top! :) IMG_1345.JPG

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

13 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Hmmm, doesn't really sound like the pizza topping I would go for....

Well 5 a day is a new campaign to make hasanhh start eating 5 portions of Jalapeno peppers a day! Sticking tongue out smileys

I never partake of anything that will be a gastronomical challenge. See below.

12 hours ago, starlight said:

rps20170203_215702_282.jpg.d03aeabf1db24c920fad935856e72200.jpg

I.need.to.stop 

Or maybe not... :woot:

rps20170203_215944_346.jpg.1411b2a1e21fd1722ba75133c669563c.jpg

Now here is a sensible choice for snacking, or even a light meal. This stuff is good on whole wheat crackers.

18 hours ago, starlight said:

rps20170203_215702_282.jpg.d03aeabf1db24c920fad935856e72200.jpg

I.need.to.stop 

Or maybe not... :woot:

rps20170203_215944_346.jpg.1411b2a1e21fd1722ba75133c669563c.jpg

We have a family joke. Many years ago mum went to a supermarket looking for "mad cow cheese slices." Now this product is popularly known as Mad Cow in our family.

10 hours ago, starlight said:

Mocha ice cream with cashews and chocolate syrup.

Envious.

9 hours ago, Marbles said:

You what? :shock:

Apparently it's a British thing. 

3 minutes ago, Marbles said:

Beans in breakfast is a British thing but beans on cheese slices? Some Brit will have to help me here...

True.

But you know what? Americans don't put beans on top of cheese, but we do put shredded cheese on top of beans sometimes.

refried-beans-5-25-10.jpg

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

You what? :shock:

Oh I am sorry! I forgot you hadn't recovered from my statement about drinking Karela Juice and I had to go and drob this bombshell! :eat:

1 hour ago, Marbles said:

Beans in breakfast is a British thing but beans on cheese slices? Some Brit will have to help me here...

I said cheese slices or cheddar cheese on toast with beans. :itsok:

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

5 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Do you guys put pakoray in kadhi at all? Mmmm sounds yummy!

punjabi-kadhi-recipe.jpg

Mom puts but I don't like pakoray in kadhi. It becomes very soft and absorbs some different taste. Hot pakoray alone with red chilli sauce anyday.