Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Veteran Member
14 hours ago, Hassan Y said:

 

EDIT: wait I forgot you live in Oman everything must be halal there lol

Yes, supposedly. And the some maraji3 are of the view that if it's a Muslim country then no need to investigate further. But the problem is that Oman imports "Sadia chicken" which is apparently Brazilian so.... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

^ seems like an unlucky day for shichat sisters :D Ate : Halwa puri for breakfast  Halwa is a pudding made from semolina and is eaten with Puri (bread made from flour) Mom made the Halwa and it was th

For tea , cupcakes that my daughter baked <3

Hey guys, it's been quite some time since I've logged on to shiachat. But as always I come back once in a while to check up on everyone :P So in my absence I've taken plenty of food pics (being an ins

Posted Images

  • Veteran Member
10 hours ago, Marbles said:

I often report live but with a 10 minutes delay, which means I post when I'm done eating!

As much as 10 mins Marbs? you could have a 2nd helping of dessert whilst waiting. Do you do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
4 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Yes, supposedly. And the some maraji3 are of the view that if it's a Muslim country then no need to investigate further. But the problem is that Oman imports "Sadia chicken" which is apparently Brazilian so.... 

Is BK good there in Oman? I used to only eat the fish here since it was the only thing halal and the BK in Lebanon taste awful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
20 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

Yes, supposedly. And the some maraji3 are of the view that if it's a Muslim country then no need to investigate further. But the problem is that Oman imports "Sadia chicken" which is apparently Brazilian so.... 

Sister Pearl178, you are Omani?!

I spent two+ years of my life living in that amazing country. I believe it the best Middle East country and I miss those days so much.

I can understand the Brazilian chicken issue. I used to eat earlier but then just completely avoided it later.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

I have lamb broth, vegetables, and rice. I think I'll put them together in some delicious way. I'm deciding whether I want to cook the rice in broth or make a sauce or gravy of the broth. 

I am also contemplating the addition of eggs in some form. 

I'm trying to delay grocery shopping as long as I can. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
2 minutes ago, hayaah said:

OH, I see. :worried:

What fruits are in it? 

(Shayad main andhi ho gayi hoon)

Apple, guava, banana, kinnow, dates, grapes, chickpeas. 

Cut them up and squeeze a half kinnow in the mixture. Sprinkle salt and black pepper to taste and ennnjjjoooyyy :eat:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 minute ago, hayaah said:

Why on earth would you add chickpeas to a fruit salad? LOL

Hehe I was also surprised when I first saw chickpeas in fruit chaat, but it tastes really good. Try it!

But don't be munching & snorting like a horse. You need to boil 'em first of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marbles said:

Hehe I was also surprised when I first saw chickpeas in fruit chaat, but it tastes really good. Try it!

But don't be munching & snorting like a horse. You need to boil 'em first of course.

:hahaha: ok professor saahib. 

Ofcourse I wouldnt eat raw chickpeas! I may be dumb, but im not THAT dumb.:grin: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
23 minutes ago, hayaah said:

Why on earth would you add chickpeas to a fruit salad? LOL

Chick peas give a nice salty touch and create a balance in a dish that would otherwise be comprised of only sweet and acidic components.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
18 minutes ago, starlight said:

Chick peas give a nice salty touch and create a balance in a dish that would otherwise be comprised of only sweet and acidic components.

There...what I couldn't express.

Spoken like a true mum, starlight. Thankyou!

15 minutes ago, hayaah said:

Its a rich source of protein too! 

Acha? Wo kya hota hai? :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, Marbles said:

Spoken like a true mum, starlight. Thankyou!

You were welcome, but this came from years of watching Masterchef Australia! Motherhood did little to improve my culinary skills:blush:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
5 minutes ago, starlight said:

You were welcome, but this came from years of watching Masterchef Australia! Motherhood did little to improve my culinary skills:blush:

Main bhi kahoon ye chefs wali language tussi kithon sikkhi ay... :itsok:

5 minutes ago, hayaah said:

@Marbles shayari main itne maahir ho lekin itni basic knowledge nahi hain aap ko?! Waa jee waah!  

Protein is used for growth and repair. (I think). A quick search on google should answer that in more detail for you. :p

Kyaa?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Struggling_onn said:

I miss them so very much... can't find kinnowwws in here... at least not in big super markets. :(

I say give me mangoes in summer and kinnows in winter and take all other fruits away. I wouldn't care!

We export thousands of tons every year. Besides the Mid east our kinnows are best appreciated by the Russians. Western gora countries, however, are happy with their tasteless Caribbean mangoes, and oranges whose skin is so hard you break your nails when you peel them :dry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Marbles said:

I say give me mangoes in summer and kinnows in winter and take all other fruits away. I wouldn't care!

We export thousands of tons every year. Besides the Mid east our kinnows are best appreciated by the Russians. Western gora countries, however, are happy with their tasteless Caribbean mangoes, and oranges whose skin is so hard you break your nails when you peel them :dry:

I know bro,... struggle is real... and managoes here taste so bad i only tasted once since hour I'm here. After that i quit !!! 

And kinooowwsss the very close to the taste are small peelers. 

Really miss kinnowws and mangoes. wish someone could send me some... :cuddle:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
8 minutes ago, Struggling_onn said:

I know bro,... struggle is real... and managoes here taste so bad i only tasted once since hour I'm here. After that i quit !!! 

And kinooowwsss the very close to the taste are small peelers. 

Really miss kinnowws and mangoes. wish someone could send me some... :cuddle:

You can get our mangoes in desi supermarkets in the vilayat - but they are quite expensive!

I used to eat those small things as a replacement for kinnows when I was there but I felt as though I were eating little kids....

Could never appreciate their oranges and bitter orange juice. I tried those mangoes only once or twice and said astaghfar lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...