Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, starlight said:

@IbnSina @hameedeh 

Okay, so I got all excited about salad olivieh and decided to google the recipe, turns out it's the same thing which we call Russian salad in Pakistan.... err.. you sure it's an iranian dish?

Hehe, thats actually what I said:

" Not sure if its originally Iranian though or if Iranian took it and put their spin to it which made it much better, thus why you know it as an Iranian dish, might be Russian originally. "

48 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

'Chicken Salad' is universal. A Christian relative of mine buys halal chicken when my family is invited. She makes it her own style, using sliced green grapes instead of chopped pickles. I tell her it tastes great. It's always nice to have a halal meat option for dinner. :D 

I was suprised how tasty it was, considering it had been blitzed into a paste. wouldnt the grapes make it too sweet?

19 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

I was suprised how tasty it was, considering it had been blitzed into a paste. wouldnt the grapes make it too sweet?

Mericans like sweet. Even sliced bread here tastes sweet. 

2 minutes ago, DigitalUmmah said:

May Allah guide you all back to sirat al mustaqeem, inshaAllah

4 minutes ago, hameedeh said:

Mericans like sweet. Even sliced bread here tastes sweet. 

Now we know where sister hameedah lives. :)

22 minutes ago, ErikCartman said:

Grrrh! That's why we are all fat, have blonde hair and die young. 

Read this old post about how to lose weight: 

4 minutes ago, ErikCartman said:

that's complicated. as in on facebook relationship status. lol.

Hmm you sound pakistani when you speak english in your audio recordings at least.

Edited by IbnSina

Just now, hameedeh said:

Drinking tea at the moment. Intend to eat breakfast

It's 8am where I am, so is this some kind of breakfast midnight snack combo?

23 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

It's 8am where I am, so is this some kind of breakfast midnight snack combo?

You caught me, Haji. Whenever I see you arrive at ShiaChat, I realize that it is very late for me and I have stayed on the computer too long. :blush: 

We had frozen pizza for last night's supper, a cheese only one for the kids, and a roasted vegetable one for the adults. It was just alright. (Might have been better with a bit of that chaat masala?)

I had blackberries (with no spice on them) and coffee with milk for breakfast.

I've got a request for spaghetti for tonight's supper. I guess that'll do. 

I like variety and new foods, but my family likes the same over and over. Maybe I should try spiced fruits. 

Edited by notme
Typo

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Today's breakfast was wheat bread with akkawi cheese. Tomatoes, sprinkled with oregano.

Dinner was cabbage rolls and stuffed koussa served with lamb ribs.

This would have satisfied kings, but not dh.  Today I find out after several years of marriage he doesn't like food cooked in lamb. :(

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

Today I find out after several years of marriage he doesn't like food cooked in lamb. :(

What? Why didn't he tell you sooner? Men are so inexplicable sometimes! 

Breakfast was a nut roll made by a family friend, with coffee and milk. Lunch was chicken and noodles. Supper was Papa John's pizza. Yum. Nothing exciting, but all very satisfying. 

^^^

For the most part, he is not picky.  My children are eating the rolls and koussa Alhamd'Allah. 

He likes beef, what I always get, but the ribs I got from my uncle who was visiting us and I had them in the freezer.  I needed something to put on the bottom of the pot so the rolls wouldn't stick.  Next time I will use vegetables like potatoes.  I know, TMI, just wanted to acknowledge your comment. :) A simple like would have sufficed, but I rarely do likes, unless it is a brilliant comment.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah 

Edited by Laayla

^ That looks and sounds interesting. :)

Can anyone tell me the difference between nachos and taco salad? I think the difference is that nachos are eaten with fingers and taco salad is eaten with utensils, but if that's the case, either can be either depending on who is eating it and it even can be both over the course of a meal. Are both names the same food?

We had either taco salad or nachos for supper. It had tortilla chips, seasoned ground beef, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses, baby spinach, diced Roma tomato, salsa, and sour cream. (No jalapeños, we ran out.)

My husband baked cheesecake bars from a mix - that's particularly special because he rarely even boils water. In a bit we plan to have cheesecake bars for dessert. 

@notme Haha, it certainly was interesting! :)

Its so much easier to have things like that, I am pretty much sitting down all day at work and its quite healthy to have as well as filling.

I think...Nachos are just tortilla chips topped with plain or seasoned cheese sauce or melted cheese. If it's plain cheese/sauce, it might be topped with some hot peppers or seasonings. Sometimes there might be salsa to dip them in too.
Taco salad is tortilla chips or a tortilla bowl covered/filled with anything you might have in a taco...meat, lettuce, tomato, fresh grated cheese, sour cream, etc. Not sure if someone else has a better explanation! : )

MMMM those cheescake bars sound yummy tho!

I had some Tahitian vanilla cheesecake last night :).

img_1949.jpg

Edited by Heavenly_Silk