Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Ruq

Ate/Eating/Will Eat?

Rate this topic

@Marbles ^these pictures were amazing when I first saw them this afternoon, but now, 11pm, they're just so so. 

Ate: we took the small people out to a planetarium show and star party. It was fun, but it necessitated breaking fast outside somewhere quick and cheap. We ended up with these: 

article-2209072-0D86CCBD000005DC-455_306

And you know that heavy feeling you get when you are unaccustomed to fast food but eat  it anyway? Ugh.

Eating: never again! Sipping water at the moment, actually.

Will eat: oatmeal with raisins, grapefruit, yogurt with frozen blueberries, and a cup of coffee with molasses. When you find the perfect formula, you don't mess with it. Except if there is leftover pizza. 

Edited by notme
Typo

:thankyou: <---Little Sister

:love: her cooking. For Iftar on the 14th of Ramadhan, Sunday, she cooked a big, super-delicious meal.

Two different pilas, a seafood stole (she burnt the top but it made no difference), her outstanding homemade, bread, cakes, ...

I brought the ice cream <---Well, l should help some.

I ate so much that l only had a chunk of cheese for suhur.

It is now passed lftar for the 15th and l am still full.

22 hours ago, hasanhh said:

:thankyou: <---Little Sister

:love: her cooking. For Iftar on the 14th of Ramadhan, Sunday, she cooked a big, super-delicious meal.

Two different pilas, a seafood stole (she burnt the top but it made no difference), her outstanding homemade, bread, cakes, ...

I brought the ice cream <---Well, l should help some.

I ate so much that l only had a chunk of cheese for suhur.

It is now passed lftar for the 15th and l am still full.

Two days after this super-delicious meal and l only had a bowl of rice for iftar --after my date of course.

On 2/3/2016 at 2:08 AM, Haji 2003 said:

Jack Link's jerky is halal. The meat comes from New Zealand, which has a lot of halal produce, to the extent that some British Islamophobes are now boycotting NZ meats. Also Jack Links is sold in Singapore which has fairly strict rules about what can be called halal.

Anyway. Drank the following for breakfast: avocado smoothie. Half an avocado; a banana; 2 cups of baby spinach; soya milk and handful of grapes (for sweetening). 

Jack Links is halal in Europe, but not in the US. Its one of the reasons we started Halal Jerky :-).

3 hours ago, HalalJerky said:

Jack Links is halal in Europe, but not in the US. Its one of the reasons we started Halal Jerky :-).

Do you export?

42 minutes ago, Sumayyeh said:

Does it taste like faloodah?

No. Falooda is cooked in milk and is eaten ice cold. This is boiled, slightly oiled, sweetened with crushed jaggery and eaten hot.

Will eat: enchilada's!!!!!! my vegetarian recipe is so so good. If anyone wants it just let me know (the recipe that is, youre not getting any of my iftar).

10 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

Do you export?

Unfortunately not at this time, but it's something we are looking into. Exporting beef has a lot of regulations, especially to europe. Darn you folks and your completely valid concerns for health and safety :-D.

Have you tried jack links or other brands where you are at? How is the halal snack scene there? 

Edited by HalalJerky

I just made some roasted hazlenut butter and it smells soo sooo good >.< i made a pot of plain and one with cocoa powder in and honey. Im hoping it will taste like Nutella ermm 4.JPG

Will eat: salmon with veg, tinned peaches.

On 6/23/2016 at 7:01 PM, Marbles said:

No. Falooda is cooked in milk and is eaten ice cold. This is boiled, slightly oiled, sweetened with crushed jaggery and eaten hot.

Irani faloodeh is very different from what the rest of us call Falooda. It is some form of cooked but still brittle vermicelli/noodles with a heavy lemony syrup or other uber sweet flower syrups and sometimes a bit of icecream on it.

20 hours ago, habib e najjaar said:

Irani faloodeh is very different from what the rest of us call Falooda. It is some form of cooked but still brittle vermicelli/noodles with a heavy lemony syrup or other uber sweet flower syrups and sometimes a bit of icecream on it.

There are quite a few variations. Ours is also topped with ice cream and with noodles made from arrowroot starch. The milk is cooked and thickened and sweetened. But flavoured syrups aren't widely used. Falooda noodles and vermicelli are also very different.

:eat:  Too many times ----> :fever:

Sunday again at little sisters. She made homemade pasta (yes, the pasta itself), spicy chicken, a wonderful chicken crepe (which l never heard of before) and we started with soup.

l took my homemade milk shakes.

It hasn't been just iftar, l ate way too much. I started out dizzy from eating too much.

"How can anyone take the blessing of little sisters cooking and turn it into a curse?"

:furious: <----"Because, dummy, you do not know when to stop eating."

:dwarf:<----"But it is wonderful food."

:fever: <---"l thought hangovers were only from alcohol."

Edited by hasanhh

On 24 June 2016 at 0:33 AM, HalalJerky said:

Have you tried jack links or other brands where you are at? How is the halal snack scene there? 

I've only found halal Jack Links in Singapore. Not really seen it in the Muslim shops here. But scouting around the net I see this:

https://www.meatsnacker.co.uk/collections/halal-meat-snacks

Oh, so it is available!

13 hours ago, starlight said:

@hasanhh homemade pasta, wow and  she manages to do all the work with a little baby. Mashallah

She also works as a nurse, full time. She is a Type A Personality which l'd re-quantify as an A+Personality.

Her and hubby work different shifts and for a break l baby-sit.

On 6/12/2016 at 8:07 PM, Noor al Batul said:

Anyone ever had no-bake cake? It's delicious.

I1ir5FJ.jpg?1

What is no-bake cake? :eat: 

9 hours ago, hameedeh said:

What is no-bake cake? :eat: 

One version l know of is made with Graham Crackers, not always limited to just the crust.

But l cannot think of the filling. Search/Google: there are several recipes there.

Edited by hasanhh

I appreciate that excess can often harm us
but i assure you i have no intent to alarm as
i confess that i ate the last 2 bananas.

(with creme fraiche and honey) =P

Edited by notme
Typo

On 8/1/2016 at 10:45 PM, notme said:

Our new house has its own forest, including several fig trees! Woohoo! Will eat someday soon inshallah: fresh figs. Yum! 

Will you dry them? the texture of fresh ones puts me off a bit but i love them dried. You could make a fig syrup mmmm yumyum.

1 hour ago, Ruq said:

Will you dry them? the texture of fresh ones puts me off a bit but i love them dried. You could make a fig syrup mmmm yumyum.

I still have a few dried and about a cup of syrup from our trees where we lived before. I love them fresh, straight off the tree.

Newtons. I'm going to make Newtons, inshallah.

Edited by notme